Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

Edit: Now I see it, its a beaver with a mustache.

Beavers don't have mustaches. But some may have a beard, by cracky.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this interview the designer of Team Canada's jerseys talks about the hidden elements in the Canadian uniforms. There is a total of 10 stripes on the home and away jerseys which represents the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, which is what the uniforms were designed for. also the half-leaf on the third jersey is made up of 6 stripes which represents the 6 players that are on the ice for a team.

Yep, at first I saw the trapper, but I had to squint to see the beaver, it's definately there. That's one cool logo.

Actually, I'd say that the fact that you have the unintentional effect that some people see a beaver instead of a logger makes it an uncool logo. It's the shadows on his face that cause the problem. Heck, even if the beaver optical illusion didn't happen, the shadows distract from the intended imagery.

The red outline in this particular logo...

EDM_83.gif

is an "O", as in owned by the Calgary Flames. The red clearly represents Calgary. :D

5-1

Edmonton: City of Memories

Can we not do this here?

What's it to you if a few posts stray off topic? It's becoming a pattern in every post I read from you. I just checked and it says "members" next to "group" in your info, as in, not moderator.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The red outline in this particular logo...

is an "O", as in owned by the Calgary Flames. The red clearly represents Calgary. :D

5-1

Edmonton: City of Memories

Can we not do this here?

Haha, it's all in good fun. =)

Absolutely! :) However, I was disappointed in the "5-1" as it is completely unoriginal. Instead, a response which said something along the lines of "The eight flames of the Calgary logo stand for the number of times they choked in the playoffs" would have been much funnier and still in line with the thread.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Danny!

Yep, at first I saw the trapper, but I had to squint to see the beaver, it's definately there. That's one cool logo.

Actually, I'd say that the fact that you have the unintentional effect that some people see a beaver instead of a logger makes it an uncool logo. It's the shadows on his face that cause the problem. Heck, even if the beaver optical illusion didn't happen, the shadows distract from the intended imagery.

Actually, I'd say that the fact that I see a trapper and a beaver makes it damn cool. Have a nice day!

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

That is pretty neat, never heard that. I still maintain that this part of the Avalanche logo is not a coincidence:

faceavs.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

People see the human face everywhere.

And why do you think the Avs would want to hide some weirdo face in the tiny puck in their logo anyway?

Seriously, especially on a tiny part of a logo. You people are just crazy! Crazy I say! :shocked:

That is pretty neat, never heard that. I still maintain that this part of the Avalanche logo is not a coincidence:

faceavs.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

People see the human face everywhere.

And why do you think the Avs would want to hide some weirdo face in the tiny puck in their logo anyway?

Easy... they wouldn't. And they didn't.

84.gif

Though the new logo is bold, dynamic and industrially modern, it's rooted in respect for the traditions of hockey's past. The new design's key element - the oil drop - is taken from the original Oilers logo. The five rivets encircling the oil drop represent the five Stanley Cups the team has won since its 1979 National Hockey League debut. The 10 gear teeth (five each on both the inner and outer rings) represent each of the Oilers' 10 team captains, who include such legends as Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier.

(source: Spawn.com )

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

This Ottawa Rough Riders logo (ca. 1994-1996) always had me wondering...

Of course, you see the log-rider/trapper guy at first glance. But if you look carefully, you will see a cartoon beaver emerge (with two big googly eyes, and buckteeth formed by the log-rider/trapper guy's chin). Bolstering this theory is the fact that the logo came out around the peak of the cartoony-logo craze.

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Anyway, there it is - perhaps I am delusional, or it is simply the PCP talking, but I swear there is a cartoon beaver in there.

I can only see the beaver. The other one is harder to see.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Here is my attempt to show anyone, who cannot see the beaver, where the beaver is...

beaver.png

As you can see on the left, is the original logo. On the right is how I edited it. I took out that spear thing because it will not help you to see the beaver. I also did some other things but I now hope you see the beaver.

The beaver is wearing a fur hat, has huge eyes that touch its mustache, and has one visible tooth, while the other one is is the shadow. He is also wearing a bandana around his neck. I must say it is a very lame beaver, but it is there.

Here is my attempt to show anyone, who cannot see the beaver, where the beaver is...

beaver.png

As you can see on the left, is the original logo. On the right is how I edited it. I took out that spear thing because it will not help you to see the beaver. I also did some other things but I now hope you see the beaver.

The beaver is wearing a fur hat, has huge eyes that touch its mustache, and has one visible tooth, while the other one is is the shadow. He is also wearing a bandana around his neck. I must say it is a very lame beaver, but it is there.

So if beavers had mustaches, pompadour hairdos, mullets, primate nose structure, and prominent front teeth that were acutely angled instead of aligned, then this would in some very slight way resemble a cartoon drawing of a beaver with a bandana and no body under very odd lighting conditions. In other words, this in no way resembles a beaver in any conceivably reasonable way.

But I'm not one to preach here, since to this day I am unable to see the man in the moon. I look at the moon and all I see is a bunny dancing with an Easter egg. (True!) And as a child I never saw the glove in the Brewers MB logo; I was like 14 before I figured that one out. But I maintain that there is no beaver there, and if one is intended, then this is a crap logo, because a "hidden" beaver should not depend on assuming that beavers look nothing like beavers actually look.

20082614447.png

Archived