Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

There is no beaver.

That's what she said.

Right before revealing that she was a he.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is my attempt to show anyone, who cannot see the beaver, where the beaver is...

beaver.png

As you can see on the left, is the original logo. On the right is how I edited it. I took out that spear thing because it will not help you to see the beaver. I also did some other things but I now hope you see the beaver.

The beaver is wearing a fur hat, has huge eyes that touch its mustache, and has one visible tooth, while the other one is is the shadow. He is also wearing a bandana around his neck. I must say it is a very lame beaver, but it is there.

"The Beaver is wearing a fur hat"? What is this, the 70's?

This one's pushing it, but its been hiding all these years...

lions.png

BAM! They suck. Okay, have a nice winter.

I was scrolling down pretty fast and wasn't expecting to see that.

I literally "roffled" my "ass" off.

There is now delicious iced tea all over the wall beside me know. Thanks a lot.

:P

The Twins? Yes, it was. It was a play on their old slogan "Win! Twins!"

As for the Expos, the fact that the description of exactly what it was supposed to mean varies so much from source to source (and that none of the myriad of explanations is terribly satisfying) indicates that it's a pretty lousy design.

I think it's a stunning design, frankly.

And consider that the Habs' CH has just as much conjecture following its meaning as wel (ask people and see what kind of answers the average joe fan gives about that H).. And no one considers that a lousy design (and no one ever should).

The Philly Soul logo spells "Jovi" if you look carefully... of course he had to put his name in there somehow.

[image removed]

I don't think so. More likely, it's a representation of his precious, flowing coif cascading from a football.

This was actually the original Soul prototype:

2584exl.png

(I don't know how to make Jon Bon Jovi's face look more "logo-ish", so I just used the stamp filter on PS Elements)

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Here is my attempt to show anyone, who cannot see the beaver, where the beaver is...

beaver.png

As you can see on the left, is the original logo. On the right is how I edited it. I took out that spear thing because it will not help you to see the beaver. I also did some other things but I now hope you see the beaver.

The beaver is wearing a fur hat, has huge eyes that touch its mustache, and has one visible tooth, while the other one is is the shadow. He is also wearing a bandana around his neck. I must say it is a very lame beaver, but it is there.

So if beavers had mustaches, pompadour hairdos, mullets, primate nose structure, and prominent front teeth that were acutely angled instead of aligned, then this would in some very slight way resemble a cartoon drawing of a beaver with a bandana and no body under very odd lighting conditions. In other words, this in no way resembles a beaver in any conceivably reasonable way.

But I'm not one to preach here, since to this day I am unable to see the man in the moon. I look at the moon and all I see is a bunny dancing with an Easter egg. (True!) And as a child I never saw the glove in the Brewers MB logo; I was like 14 before I figured that one out. But I maintain that there is no beaver there, and if one is intended, then this is a crap logo, because a "hidden" beaver should not depend on assuming that beavers look nothing like beavers actually look.

Just picture this guy with a hat. I doubt the beaver was intentional but he's definitely in there. :P

cartoon-beaver-clipart.gif

zzPEfBm.png

This one's pushing it, but its been hiding all these years...

lions.png

BAM! They suck. Okay, have a nice winter.

I was scrolling down pretty fast and wasn't expecting to see that.

I literally "roffled" my "ass" off.

There is now delicious iced tea all over the wall beside me know. Thanks a lot.

:P

Oh, I'm sorry. I will send you a replacement glass of iced tea. :cry:

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

beaver.png

So if beavers had mustaches, pompadour hairdos, mullets, primate nose structure, and prominent front teeth that were acutely angled instead of aligned, then this would in some very slight way resemble a cartoon drawing of a beaver with a bandana and no body under very odd lighting conditions. In other words, this in no way resembles a beaver in any conceivably reasonable way.

But I'm not one to preach here, since to this day I am unable to see the man in the moon. I look at the moon and all I see is a bunny dancing with an Easter egg. (True!) And as a child I never saw the glove in the Brewers MB logo; I was like 14 before I figured that one out. But I maintain that there is no beaver there, and if one is intended, then this is a crap logo, because a "hidden" beaver should not depend on assuming that beavers look nothing like beavers actually look.

Just picture this guy with a hat. I doubt the beaver was intentional but he's definitely in there. :P

cartoon-beaver-clipart.gif

Sorry guys, I mistakenly wrote my words confusingly (ha). Yes, the logo is a trapper type guy, however, when looked at a certain way, it appears to have particular beaver-like features.

Edit: Now I see it, its a beaver with a mustache.

Beavers don't have mustaches. But some may have a beard, by cracky.

Hello, fitness friend.

Umm... what does exercising have to do with bearded beavers? Also, according to my own knowledge, beavers do have mustaches, well, at least hair on their upper lips... and I guess everywhere else on their body, but still... ahh, never mind.

The Philly Soul logo spells "Jovi" if you look carefully... of course he had to put his name in there somehow.

[image removed]

I don't think so. More likely, it's a representation of his precious, flowing coif cascading from a football.

2584exl.png

(I don't know how to make Jon Bon Jovi's face look more "logo-ish", so I just used the stamp filter on PS Elements)

If you look real close you can see a beaver in Jon Bon Jovi's face. :D

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Hello, fitness friend.

Umm... what does exercising have to do with bearded beavers? Also, according to my own knowledge, beavers do have mustaches, well, at least hair on their upper lips... and I guess everywhere else on their body, but still... ahh, never mind.

Sodboy will get it.

Hello, fitness friend.

Sodboy will get it.

Oh

[image removed]

2584exl.png

I'm sure Jon Bon Jovi's seen many a beaver in his face.

spacer.png

[image removed]

2584exl.png

I'm sure Jon Bon Jovi's seen many a beaver in his face.

Zing!

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Archived