Hidden meanings in logos

nyiles39

The Blues' bluenote is a 64th note. Doesn't sound significant until you know that St. Louis was established as a settlement/city in 1764. Are there any other primary logos tie the city in with the team itself without the use of letters or writing the city in the logo?

Can you back this up for me some more, Karby.

I hope it's true, but I'm having trouble with it.

A 64th note has four flags attached to your standard quarter note. The Blues logo has a separation at the top of the note where the wing/flags are attached. This is not a feature seen in a musical note, but is one seen in illustrations of wings attached to an object. Further, the wing attached to the Bluenote is made up of 6 "feathers." The saving grace in your theory, perhaps, is that there is clearly more visual importance on the top 4 feathers/flags than the last two.

Still, it bothers me that I can dispute the theory easy enough and dont have legitimate confirmation. So if you can give it to me, that'd be great.

Like I said, I hope it's true.

And now I'm gonna go pull out my copy of Note By Note.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry guys, I mistakenly wrote my words confusingly (ha). Yes, the logo is a trapper type guy, however, when looked at a certain way, it appears to have particular beaver-like features.

As the OP of the Trapper/Beaver combo logo, I have to say this thread has been incredibly cathartic. I have mentioned this logo to other people before hoping that someone else would confirm what I saw, but my efforts have generally been met with furrowed brows and other "is he crazy" looks.

Maybe that beaver was inadvertent, but dammit, it is there!

This Ottawa Rough Riders logo (ca. 1994-1996) always had me wondering...

Of course, you see the log-rider/trapper guy at first glance. But if you look carefully, you will see a cartoon beaver emerge (with two big googly eyes, and buckteeth formed by the log-rider/trapper guy's chin). Bolstering this theory is the fact that the logo came out around the peak of the cartoony-logo craze.

OttawaRoughRiders.png

Anyway, there it is - perhaps I am delusional, or it is simply the PCP talking, but I swear there is a cartoon beaver in there.

:cry:

Don't see the beaver...

Yeah, can we get another one of those outline pictures? I can see what would be the teeth and the eyes, but the huge mustache is preventing me from being able to see a beaver I think...

OK... I'm REALLY trying to bite my tongue here...

This is WAY too obvious a set up. :D

Haha, oh, wow, not sure how I missed the innuendo in that post... But seriously guys, help me find the beaver. :P

When you are ready for the beaver, the beaver will find you.

Sweet. I just saw the beaver.

(I hope I'm saying that sometime on New Year's.)

A long time ago I read that the tomahawk for the Braves was designed by a student at the Virginia Military Institute. This is when I found out about the 'VMI' in the tomahawk. I'll try to find an article or web page that will confirm this, but for now I have outlined the lettering for you.

bravesVMI.png

The Blues' bluenote is a 64th note. Doesn't sound significant until you know that St. Louis was established as a settlement/city in 1764. Are there any other primary logos tie the city in with the team itself without the use of letters or writing the city in the logo?

Can you back this up for me some more, Karby.

I hope it's true, but I'm having trouble with it.

A 64th note has four flags attached to your standard quarter note. The Blues logo has a separation at the top of the note where the wing/flags are attached. This is not a feature seen in a musical note, but is one seen in illustrations of wings attached to an object. Further, the wing attached to the Bluenote is made up of 6 "feathers." The saving grace in your theory, perhaps, is that there is clearly more visual importance on the top 4 feathers/flags than the last two.

Still, it bothers me that I can dispute the theory easy enough and dont have legitimate confirmation. So if you can give it to me, that'd be great.

Like I said, I hope it's true.

And now I'm gonna go pull out my copy of Note By Note.

Forgot where I heard it, but it made sence to me. They said it was a "stylyzed 64th note" I looked up when the city was founded and it matched the story. If you look at the bottom of the flags/wings of the note, I think the bottom two points that don't have the lines (the separations of the flags) are to fill in and match the rest of the logo. Just a thought. I think the break at the top of the logo is to indicate to the viewer is to see that it's a musical note. Besides that, if the break at the top wasn't there, it wouldn't have that visual catch that seems to give it more meaning. Without the gap, it would look funny. For example, take a look at the top of the NHL homepage. They have the Bluenote without the gap for the team link. It looks weird.

St. John's University (MN) logo. Pretty obvious what's "hiding" here. But would anyone like to take a guess? Sorry, I couldn't find a better logo.

header_home3.jpg

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

St. John's University (MN) logo. Pretty obvious what's "hiding" here. But would anyone like to take a guess? Sorry, I couldn't find a better logo.

header_home3.jpg

A number one because they are #1?

The St. Johns "Johnnies"?

Seriously? The "Johnnies"???

There's nothing #1 about that. Generally Urinals are for #1... Johnnies for #2.

The "I" in the islanders logo points almost exactly to nassau coliseum. I don't think this is a coincidence because the word Islanders is shifted to the left of the circle rather than being in the center, and the "I" is higher than the "S" at the end.

138.gif

longislandmap.jpg

Also, for the final time, the map in the logo does not include Brooklyn and Queens... only Nassau and Suffolk counties.

longisland.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

header_home3.jpg

A number one because they are #1?

The St. Johns "Johnnies"?

Seriously? The "Johnnies"???

There's nothing #1 about that. Generally Urinals are for #1... Johnnies for #2.

Their football coach is #1. John Gagliardi is college football's career coaching victories LEADER. Read the whole Wikipedia article, it's pretty crazy what he has done. Very interesting stuff.

As your name is oldschoolvikings, I am surprised you did not know this about Minnesota football history.

Also, "Johnnies" is not nearly as bad as the womens' college, St. Benedict's, home of the "Bennies".

Im Illiterate when it comes to computers. I Dont Know how to post pics. http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2008/83cup.htm

I dont know if it would be considered a logo or not but on Brian Vickers no. 83 Redbull Car it looks as if there is a letter V outlined in his No Particulary the 3. Would it be for His last name or is it a coincidence?

29.gif

Im Illiterate when it comes to computers. I Dont Know how to post pics. http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2008/83cup.htm

I dont know if it would be considered a logo or not but on Brian Vickers no. 83 Redbull Car it looks as if there is a letter V outlined in his No Particulary the 3. Would it be for His last name or is it a coincidence?

To post pictures, first get the url of the picture you would like to post, then when you are typing your post click on the little picture of a sunset where it will ask for the url. Paste the url and then click OK and it will appear. Not hard.

The Brian Vickers thing is very interesting, did you find that yourself?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived