epper

Pets

DCDuck    19

D'aww...

I'm in the process of adopting a basset hound, hopefully he gets along with my two cats as well as that.

infrared41    3,724

I don't want to be a downer but we lost these two within a month of each other this summer. It just felt weird not including them. On the left is the late great Luther. He was 18. To his right is the late great Sam. He was 16.

And last but not least is the baby, the one and only T.J. (Before anyone asks, T.J. stands for whatever you want it to. :D )

n1334348063_30202153_7095817.jpgn1334348063_30162033_304.jpg

n1334348063_30162040_1998.jpg

mania    143

Ok... a couple of small stories with a pair of photos.

First of all... Momo. Momo came into our lives a few years ago when he was basically expelled from his "pack", and his family turned on him and attacked him at every opportunity. His owner had to get rid of him, and so we stepped in. He was with us for the final five years of his life, and we lost him in July.

283057_10150240937809754_507804753_6996185_422354_n.jpg

The silver lining around that dark cloud was that, in January, we found an Alaskan Malamute outside, lost and scared and thin. Because of Momo, our in-laws agreed to let him stay at their apartment, provided we took him out and fed him, while we looked for his owner. Well, in about a month, he went from looking for it's previous owner to looking for a good home to being our dog. A couple of weeks after Momo passed, we made the decision to move him into our home, to take the pressure off Laura's parents.

816afb44ceec48b2b7cd56b80f244dac_7.jpg

McCarthy    6,885

Lucy. She's 8 and very well behaved. Training her was a breeze. She's such a good dog and has such a personality it makes her easy to love.

void0.png

Maeby. A little under a year old. She was a rescue that we got in February. This picture is her at around 5-6 months old. She's almost full grown now, but she still has the face of a puppy. She's a sweetheart though a little rambunctious. She's been a welcome addition to the family and Lucy loves her.

206579_10100156844778724_12328754_49265407_2320315_n.jpg

Gracie the cat (she hates Maeby. Is indifferent about Lucy)

catignoresdog.jpg

Bucfan56    3,854

These are my two little guys, Willy (left) and Toby (right) both are miniature schnauzers

7d43a720.jpg

Willy is named after Willie Mays because my family are HUGE San Francisco Giants fans, and Toby is named after a dog that belonged to the bassist of the band Sublime. Funny thing is though, Toby is the one who won't leave me alone untill I completely tire him out playing fetch, and Willie is the one who walks around aimlessly like he's stoned all the time :P Awesome dogs, they both bark a bit too much, and Toby is a bit of a whiner, but he's my main man and the first dog I had that was really mine. We got Willy about three years after Toby and he is seriously the calmest pup I've ever had. Man, I love dogs.

McCarthy    6,885

206579_10100156844778724_12328754_49265407_2320315_n.jpg

That is a great picture.

Thanks. My mom liked it enough to frame it and now it hangs in my parents family room.

Nikon D3000 did most of the heavy lifting though.

infrared41    3,724

That is a great picture.

Thanks. My mom liked it enough to frame it and now it hangs in my parents family room.

Nikon D3000 did most of the heavy lifting though.

Hardly. You've got a good eye. The camera can only shoot what the photographer tells it to.

Sodboy13    2,642

Growing up, I never had a pet. My mom was allergic, and my dad just wasn't a fan of animals in general. I never really had an interest in getting a pet at all. Then I met Petey.

IMG_20110522_121843.jpgIMG_20110522_121901.jpg

Petey is a cockatiel, and was a rescue case for us. My wife's former roommate got him when she was in grade school. When she moved in with her now husband, Petey had to share a roof with Leo, his pet Husky. And then the two of them decided to get a Neapolitan Mastiff on top of it. So Petey spent his days caged up, constantly ogled by two large dogs who saw him as an especially colorful snack. He was stressed out of his mind, and pulled out all the feathers on his chest and back. We took him in after Meg's friend was considering unloading him to a stranger on Craigslist. We brought him into a safe environment, nursed him back to health, and he gained a full coat of feathers and 11 grams. He's a chirpy, affectionate goofball.

Petey is 19 years old. The vet told me that some cockatiels can live into their early 30s. I hope so.

epper    26

004.jpg

What a face!

Is he a pure Pug? Or something mixed in? Our guy is Pug/Beagle, hence the longer snout. He gets a lot of personality from the Pug though, I think. Total couch potato.

004.jpg

What a face!

Is he a pure Pug? Or something mixed in? Our guy is Pug/Beagle, hence the longer snout. He gets a lot of personality from the Pug though, I think. Total couch potato.

he is 3/4 pug and 1/4 Miniature Pinscher. My dad and I were originally considering getting a Puggle (Pug/Beagle) but we couldn't find one locally. We totally hit the jackpot with this little guy though, he can get super hyper sometimes but afterwards he just chills on the couch all curled up.