epper

Pets

164 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, LMU said:

I know how it is with pets.  We had to have our beagle's eye removed a little more than a month ago and it was pretty damn traumatic to deal with.  And now the poor little guy has a stomach bug of some sort and hasn't eaten a meal since yesterday morning and I'm freaking out almost as much as I was when my dad had a heart attack.

Oh, here's him, sans eye, with his sister.

IMG_2033.jpg

Poor little guy, hope he gets better.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Jbadger9 said:

Poor little guy, hope he gets better.

So sorry dude. I was the same way when it was time for our family dogs. Two of them had to be put down and I couldn't bring myself to go when it was time; the rest of my family went. The other died in his sleep, my mom asked me if I wanted to say goodbye and I couldn't do that either. I had work a few hours after one was put to sleep and I had to wear sunglasses because I was crying like a 10-year-old girl. Luckily it was outdoors so I didn't look too weird.

Here's hoping for the best!

Took him to the vet this morning.  Said he either ate something he shouldn't have or, as beagles are prone to, might have pancreatitis.  He gave him a shot to calm his stomach and some more of it in pill-form while we wait for blood test results to come in on Monday.  But, we just gave him half his usual amount of a prescription sensitive stomach food and he gobbled it.  So, the meds are working.  Just need to see if he'll be on those for the rest of his life or if he'll get an antibiotic added to them or if this is just a bug.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, LMU said:

Took him to the vet this morning.  Said he either ate something he shouldn't have or, as beagles are prone to, might have pancreatitis.  He gave him a shot to calm his stomach and some more of it in pill-form while we wait for blood test results to come in on Monday.  But, we just gave him half his usual amount of a prescription sensitive stomach food and he gobbled it.  So, the meds are working.  Just need to see if he'll be on those for the rest of his life or if he'll get an antibiotic added to them or if this is just a bug.

Hope he gets well soon man, you and him do not deserve this crap

One of my rabbits died this past year.

Got a another rabbit this month.

She's a tiny little thing right now - about 2 months old.

Daisy

P1040213.JPG