Cavaliers Wearing "Special Edition" BLUE Throwbacks Tonight

Burning River

Show a pic of LeBron clapping/throwing rosin in them or it didn't happen. (Seriously, why is that on every ESPN commercial? The NBA has fallen so far if the best drama they've got is to show THAT in slow motion.)

I'm with the pointless camp. If you want to go blue, go with the real blue throwback. The NBA has gone beyond minor league with all these alts.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When it comes to uniforms, the NBA is rapidly approaching minor league baseball levels. St. Patrick's jerseys! Valentine's jerseys! Hispanic jerseys! Arbitrarily honoring your fledgling, contrived, online fan community jerseys!

Apparently, the quality of play on the court hasn't been diluting the NBA brand enough to Stern's liking. Sell this stuff on the racks, but keep it off the courts.

The Christmas snowflake jerseys are 1000% way too much.

So we've reached the point where teams are wearing "throwbacks" that never actually existed? Nice.

That's not exactly a new trend. Fauxbacks have been in style for a while now.

Got some examples? Not saying you're wrong, just interested because I can't think of any off the top of my head.

As for these, disregarding everything else, I like the way they look. The colors go together nicely I think, they are more subdued than the usual blues and yellows used by teams... Considering the situation however, it's a little ridiculous...

So we've reached the point where teams are wearing "throwbacks" that never actually existed? Nice.

Got some examples? Not saying you're wrong, just interested because I can't think of any off the top of my head.

As for these, disregarding everything else, I like the way they look. The colors go together nicely I think, they are more subdued than the usual blues and yellows used by teams... Considering the situation however, it's a little ridiculous...

The Pittsburgh Steelers current "throwbacks' aren't actually representative of any uniform the Steelers actually wore. They're a composite of several uniforms. And I want to say the Washington Redskins did this too with their spear throwbacks a few years ago.

The "faux" Throwbacks used to be marketed by the NBA in the "D'Funk'd" line which included a black Buffalo Braves jersey, a yellow Celtics jersey and a blue Syracuse Nationals jersey.

It's kind of like those weird fashion jerseys of a few years ago with the city skyline painted on the front, or the argyle tackle-twill lettering. The NBA is selling. And selling out.

When it comes to uniforms, the NBA is rapidly approaching minor league baseball levels. St. Patrick's jerseys! Valentine's jerseys! Hispanic jerseys! Arbitrarily honoring your fledgling, contrived, online fan community jerseys!

You forgot about Nascar jerseys. Come on, Nascar jerseys? Really? Do we need a basketball team wearing Nascar jerseys?

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

The Pittsburgh Steelers current "throwbacks' aren't actually representative of any uniform the Steelers actually wore. They're a composite of several uniforms. And I want to say the Washington Redskins did this too with their spear throwbacks a few years ago.

The uni that the Chicago Blackhawks wore in the recent game at Wrigley Field is also a composite of a 2 older uniforms. And the Dodgers recently wore "throwbacks" that never existed -- a home jersey reading "Brooklyn".

But those were special occasions, and they didn't detract from the team's main look, unlike these new Cavs' unis.

Throwbacks (or throwback-alts) that are outside the team's current colours and design are just fine if these throwbacks display the team's history. And this goes double for using a design from a previous home of the franchise: I was very pleased with the Clippers' Buffalo Braves unis, the Sixers' Syracuse Nats unis, the Orioles' St. Louis Browns unis, and also with the decision on the part of the Titans to wear the Houston Oilers unis next season.

But this Cavs set just breaks the team's colour scheme for no good reason at all. I definitely agree that it detracts from and weakens their overall look.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

What about the black/hot pink/orange Heat jerseys, that they wore a few years back? The Heat have only had two uniform sets, and neither featured hot pink.

This was actually a throwback to the Miami Floridians of the ABA, and outside of the "Miami" wordmark on the front, the look was pretty much spot-on. And awesome.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What bothers me more about the absolute random-ness of the jerseys is the fact that one of the SportsCenter guys today called them "Powder blue."

Those are, by no means, powder blue (or are they?)

But in my opinion, they are pretty good-looking jerseys, but the random-ness of them, and the fact that it's their fourth* jersey worn this season is just dumb.

*Correction; Fifth

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

What bothers me more about the absolute random-ness of the jerseys is the fact that one of the SportsCenter guys today called them "Powder blue."

But in my opinion, they are pretty good-looking jerseys, but the random-ness of them, and the fact that it's their fourth jersey worn this season is just dumb.

Sorry I have to correct you, but we've worn five jerseys this year, White, Wine, Gold, Navy, and Blue.

6fQjS3M.png

But in my opinion, they are pretty good-looking jerseys, but the random-ness of them, and the fact that it's their fourth jersey worn this season is just dumb.

Sorry I have to correct you, but we've worn five jerseys this year, White, Wine, Gold, Navy, and Blue.

You're right. Even worse. :P

My fault.

That's three to many.

White, wine, and navy do the job just fine.

That's three to many.

White, wine, and navy do the job just fine.

That would be two too many then. ^_^

Archived