Cavaliers Wearing "Special Edition" BLUE Throwbacks Tonight

Burning River

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are seriously the most pointless uniforms worn on an NBA court in a LONG time, and that's saying something considering what's come out of the NBA when it comes to uniforms.

I don't mind all the jerseys. I used to, but I like seeing different things. I wish the Sixers would wear the red alts more (but not at a Cavalier-like rate).

The only thing I don't like about the unis are some of the mismatched numbers. For example, Anderson Varejao had a sans-serif "1" and a serif "7":

capt.ea313a25a7dd478aba34c49642630c36.celtics_cavaliers_basketball_ohmd102.jpg

philliescreamersig2copy.png

I can't help but think about how hard it will be to understand ESPN Classic in 10-20 years. They will do some sort of special Lebron James week and every day of the week he will be wearing a different jersey. Come to find out all those games were from the same freaking season. I just think it would be better for a team in the long run if they stuck with a Home, Away, and if they want, Alternate. Classic jerseys are nice and all, but looking back on tape from these last two decades nobody will know who is who. Hell, some of the jerseys don't even say the real team name on them (Buccaneers, Zephyrs, Royals, etc.). I know this probably contradicts something I have said before, but teams should be more concerned with how they look if they are to be immortalized. No Cavs fan wants to look back at photos from Lebron's 1st Championship and think, ?Now which team is Lebron on, again?? Look right going down in the history books. Please. And I am talking from experience. Looking at photos of last year the Celtics alternate, throwbacks, and preseason jerseys were way too much.

The Cavs jerseys are a strange bunch, coming from a Cavs fan. I don't like the Wine and White jerseys but I like the fact that is their color scheme. I prefer the navy blue alts they wear (very sharp). I'm a huge fan of the Orange throwbacks from last year. I didn't like the yellow ones this year too much but they grew on me. The logo was what bothered me because even as a throwback it looked too amateur for a major sports franchise.

Then they roll out the Run TMC-Warriors throwbacks the other night and I thought they were the worst thing I've seen since the Shawn Kemp 90's jerseys. But, the more I watched the game in HD on ESPN the more the unis grew on me.

So, at this point their honest-to-God home and away unis are my least favorite of the bunch. Go figure.

elbirdosjerseys-1-1.jpg

What bothers me more about the absolute random-ness of the jerseys is the fact that one of the SportsCenter guys today called them "Powder blue."

Those are, by no means, powder blue (or are they?)

But in my opinion, they are pretty good-looking jerseys, but the random-ness of them, and the fact that it's their fourth jersey worn this season is just dumb.

Sorry I have to correct you, but we've worn five jerseys this year, White, Wine, Gold, Navy, and Blue.

That's three to many.

White, wine, and navy do the job just fine.

That would be two too many then. ^_^

D'oh!

Math be good.

From the side they kind of look like the Lakers uniforms.

Yeah, I had a few drinks on Friday and even though I knew who was playing and had discussed the game earlier, I walked into my room once and my drunken mind was looking for Kobe out on the floor because I thought it was Lakers/Celtics... It only lasted a second, but I see what you mean.

I work for Aramark during Cav's home games and as I was watching thepregame on the floor, wally szczerbiak walked by me and I asked him for a sneak peak at the jersey (it was covered by their warmup jersey) and when he lifted his warmup, he made a face that said "what am i wearing?" He definetly did not like them. Just a brief encounter but it said alot.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived