76ers going back to old logo and uniforms

Ripper

Despite what people say I really like the Sixers current identity.

I would not mind at all if the Sixers pulled something like this:

sixers-2.png

I realize they want to go old school and they like the design, but I give it 2 years until they want to upgrade and modernize it.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sixers-2.png

I realize they want to go old school and they like the design, but I give it 2 years until they want to upgrade and modernize it.

Red and blue shouldn't directly touch each other IMO. Those colors with that logo just aren't "strong", for lack of a better term. That particular design really needs contrasting elements, like the black and light gold. Maybe navy would work, but not royal and red.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

yeah, i'd have to agree there...those colors aren't strong enough for the modern approach to the mark.

anyway, i threw these together for the possible route of the "new" unis:

76newuni.png

i really like the away, but i want them to have a new secondary logo or something to spice these up.

yeah, i'd have to agree there...those colors aren't strong enough for the modern approach to the mark.

anyway, i threw these together for the possible route of the "new" unis:

76newuni.png

i really like the away, but i want them to have a new secondary logo or something to spice these up.

I really hope they do a PHILA jersey. It'd probably just be an alt, and would probably be blue but with red letters / numbers (like the throwback ones.) I kind of like yours better though. The primary away jersey will almost certainly be red, just 'cause.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Looks much better without the line between the numbers.

That was actually my mistake when uploading the logo to the site, there has always been a line between the 7 and the 6.....the only major difference is kerning between the letters (the 'e' and 's' in 76ers don't touch in the old version) and the different shades of blue of course. I just replaced the logo on the site with the correct version of the 77-97 logo.

Not sure what this is supposed to mean:

"who will be temporarily sporting a new look in conjunction with the announcement"

That is an awfully weird statement.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Not sure what this is supposed to mean:

"who will be temporarily sporting a new look in conjunction with the announcement"

That is an awfully weird statement.

That statement is referring to their mascot.

sixers-2.png

I like that a lot.

I will always be puzzled with why Basketball teams feel the need to incorporate the basketball into the logo. Practically the entire NBA has a primary logo with a basketball. The 63-64 to 76-77 logo is nice, and really iconic in my opinion. Then they added a Basketball, as if to validate that they are a basketball team.

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/092206_Bran...nouncement.html

they are announcing/revealing it for real tomorrow (june 23rd)

As far as I know they aren't showing any new uniforms yet.....just the return of the logo

Right. There's nothing in there that states that t he uniforms will be shown, but with the draft just two days away, it'd be strange if they didn't have jerseys available to sell, especially if they end up drafting anyone who's marketable.

sixers-2.png

Indeed! This is what I want, nice recoloring though.

Archived