Tampa Bay Rays Rebrand

elliott

Hey everyone.

Here is my other Rays (complete) rebrand, if you never saw it.

I haven't done a baseball concept in a while, not since this summer I don't think. Well, I'm not planning on doing many more in the months/weeks to come, I'm thinking of an Orioles overhaul, but I did put a lot of effort into this package. Usually my concepts take about 2 days but this took more like 5. Hopefully the effort is reflected in the output, and you like it.

I started with the script. I originally sketched it out, then vectorized it and cleaned it up. I tried to make it look professional. The color scheme is new. The yellow is more goldenrod, the dark blue is a different shade, I got rid of sky blue and added orange. It ends up with a GS Warriors vibe, but I don't mind too much, because it gives it sort of beach-ish feel, I think. After getting the wordmarks done, I moved on to the cap logo, which obviously reflects the script, it's just a little more refined. About the same time I came up with the Sun-Baseball image. It reminds me of some sort of abstract art, I wanted to show the orange and the yellow in being the sun, and work the baseball lines into it. The primary logo I had some trouble with. I'm still a little iffy about it, I think it is the weakest part of the package, but I would love to hear your suggestions to make it better.

The home and away jerseys are both sleeveless. They mostly focus on blue and yellow. The alternates add sleeves, and also much more orange. The hats are pretty obvious, nothing crazy like a yellow brim might be, but I do like the yellow button on top of the game hat.

I really hope that you like this concept. I didn't know how it would expand after I came up with the wordmarks, but I feel like it's a really good start, and it's definitely some of my favorite work. Top 5 probably.

Logo sheet.

Rays2009.gif

Jerseys.

Rays2009Jerseys.gif

Rays2009Jerseys2.gif

Comments appreciated.

It reminds me of the lettering of a neon sign...I don't know why. I can tell you that I like this better than your last attempt at Tampa Bay, and you are getting much better. Your execution is good and you did put a lot of thought into it. (as far as I can tell from the final product.) My gripe is that I couldn't see a Major League team wearing this. A Minor league team would look great wearing this. I am reminded of the Jacksonville Suns when I see what you have done here, and they would look pretty cool wearing what you made. I applaud you for your effort though.

I'm not buying the sun/beach/sand/baseball primary mark. It looks to me like it's just trying to be way too many things. The sun-ball patch is a better mark, but it strikes me more as a tennis ball than a baseball. Doing some baseball stitching detail there would help that a lot.

The color in the loop of the R on the jerseys just seems like too much. For the home it's just a big patch of yellow on an otherwise predominantly blue jersey.

The hat insignia is ok, but I wouldn't consider it impressive.

The wordmark and the colors, it seems to me, nail the "beach" and "fun in the sun" aspect you're looking for. I'm not convinced that they'd go for it, but considering that's the art design you're shooting for, I think you hit that well.

It always strikes me as weird when a team that plays in a dome primarily wears sleeveless jerseys. I'm not necessarily against sleeveless jerseys, but I would want to see some more reasoning for it before I buy in.

Hope that helps!

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I really like it, its different and like Anomalied said, it feels like Florida. However, I dont really like the Baseball Cap/Patch Logo, it kinda looks like a basketball and a tenis ball mixed, no stitching on the ball and it's orange, make it white with a orange stitch pattern. I like everything else about it, Nice work!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I can't say that I like this. At first glance, the baseball in the sun looked like a basketball because it is orange. I'm not liking the beach scene on a baseball for the primary. It looks forced the way the stitches just change colors like that. Also, the way that "Rays" was placed onto the primary makes the whole thing look off center. The way the "T" and "B" are connected in the cap logo looks strange to me. I think it would look better if the bottom of the "T" went past the little curve on the end of the "B", if that makes sense.

As for the uniforms, I think they were put together very well for the colors and logos/scripts you used. The alternate script reminds me of the Nuggets alternate, for some reason.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Love the wordmarks (without the orange stroke is better) and colour scheme, and especially the TB. Not really feeling the sun though, I think the execution there can be improved. The style of the wordmark really fits the team name and location.

Wade-sig.png

It would work for a minor league team, but don't take that as an insult. It's still very nice. I like the script, the colors, and the secondary logo the most. It's a great tropical look for a team in that area. What you should change: I'm not sold by the primary logo. There's too much going on in there, too many lines. I would have preferred something simplified. Also, the number font on the alts can use one less trim. The last thing I would touch up would be the sec logo. Even though it's nice, I would add stiches to that ball because right now it looks like a tennis ball. A few white lines would also do it some good.

Overall, good work!

Honestly the only thing that I feels needs improvement is the sun-ball logo. At a glance it looked like a basketball because of the color, like it could pass for a Phoenix Suns logo. I think if you change the colors and add detail to the ball, you would have one gorgeous set here. Great job and can't wait for the update.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

As others have said, this looks great but it doesn't look like a major league set. If it were a minor league set, it would be among my favorites. I also think you should ditch the beach scene on the primary and add stitching to the ball.

I agree with JayJackson, this is miles better than your previous attempt. A few tweaks and this will be a great concept.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

In the primary logo, I see the ocean and the sunset before I see the sun rays. Somehow make the Rays more noticeable and eyecatching. The TB logo just doesn't look like it belongs on a baseball cap. Use some block font on that one. Both of the scripts look alright, but I'd separate the y from the B in the "Tampa Bay" one.

Hey everyone.

Here is my other Rays (complete) rebrand, if you never saw it.

I haven't done a baseball concept in a while, not since this summer I don't think. Well, I'm not planning on doing many more in the months/weeks to come, I'm thinking of an Orioles overhaul, but I did put a lot of effort into this package. Usually my concepts take about 2 days but this took more like 5. Hopefully the effort is reflected in the output, and you like it.

I started with the script. I originally sketched it out, then vectorized it and cleaned it up. I tried to make it look professional. The color scheme is new. The yellow is more goldenrod, the dark blue is a different shade, I got rid of sky blue and added orange. It ends up with a GS Warriors vibe, but I don't mind too much, because it gives it sort of beach-ish feel, I think. After getting the wordmarks done, I moved on to the cap logo, which obviously reflects the script, it's just a little more refined. About the same time I came up with the Sun-Baseball image. It reminds me of some sort of abstract art, I wanted to show the orange and the yellow in being the sun, and work the baseball lines into it. The primary logo I had some trouble with. I'm still a little iffy about it, I think it is the weakest part of the package, but I would love to hear your suggestions to make it better.

The home and away jerseys are both sleeveless. They mostly focus on blue and yellow. The alternates add sleeves, and also much more orange. The hats are pretty obvious, nothing crazy like a yellow brim might be, but I do like the yellow button on top of the game hat.

I really hope that you like this concept. I didn't know how it would expand after I came up with the wordmarks, but I feel like it's a really good start, and it's definitely some of my favorite work. Top 5 probably.

Logo sheet.

Rays2009.gif

Jerseys.

Rays2009Jerseys.gif

Rays2009Jerseys2.gif

Comments appreciated.

Looks good, kind of reminds me of the Myrtle Beach Pelicans.

brandonjbrown

reds.png

brandon11.png1975Reds.png

In the primary logo, I see the ocean and the sunset before I see the sun rays. Somehow make the Rays more noticeable and eyecatching. The TB logo just doesn't look like it belongs on a baseball cap. Use some block font on that one. Both of the scripts look alright, but I'd separate the y from the B in the "Tampa Bay" one.

Ok, thanks for your thoughts, one thing though, do you really think a block font would fit? I really have to disagree with you there. Also the y really doesn't go anywhere near the B but I think that might have been a typo and you meant a.

Archived