Lions uniform changes

Proc

Seeing the logos side by side, the new one is much better. I think it would be great if they went without the swooshes in the mane, but it is an upgrade in my book.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Color me unimpressed...

To me, this just isn't working. I still see the same horse-lion-creature. I think the main problem is that you have the flowing mane streaks, yet you still have the rough, jagged outline of the main. Which one is it exactly?

Maybe it will grow on me when I see a high-res version, but for now count me in the "downgrade" group.

Reduced: 61% of original size [ 838 x 797 ] - Click to view full image

Nice new logo. Better than the Bubbles Blob logo but not as good as the winner of the logo contest in the Detroit newspaper. That one is better detailed and more fierce looking.

From another board...any legitimacy to this? link

%7Boption%7Dmod deleted, see reasons above

If that is indeed legit, then it is basically a lateral move. Nothing really changed that much. They added a few lines here and there, switched to another wordmark that isn't going to stand the test of time, and switched to some random sans serif numbers. Everything else is essentially the same. I really wish they created an entirely new logo and wordmark along with completely different jerseys instead of this.

If that's it, again, what was the point? It's moderate change for the sake of moderate change that will just be outdated in another seven to ten years. I hate the wordmark, logo, and uniform because none of them are better than what they had before they stupidly added black.

What a joke.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If that's it, again, what was the point? It's moderate change for the sake of moderate change that will just be outdated in another seven to ten years. I hate the wordmark, logo, and uniform because none of them are better than what they had before they stupidly added black.

What a joke.

Strong words DG, I happen to REALLY like the updated logo, it's an update on a classic logo that, IMO, won't be out-dated in 5-10 years. I did get a quick glance at the jerseys Proc posted, and I have to say, if that's what the Lions are going with, I'm impressed.

I think the Lions actually did something right here. I love the new logo, and I love the new wordmark.

What a joke.

I'm with you there.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Well, that was anticlimatic. I like that they kept the same jerseys, but I think it would be better if they gave them a small modernization like they did to the logo.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Well, that was anticlimatic. I like that they kept the same jerseys, but I think it would be better if they gave them a small modernization like they did to the logo.

psst - the stripes match the helmet.

It's where I sit.

I think it's interesting that, just as the 49ers are apparently abandoning the outline-drop shadow combination, the Lions are adopting it.

New helmet logo's nice, wish they had dropped black, hate the wordmark and the uniforms are a big "meh".

Like the logo.

Like the wordmark. It's different, it's ledgible, and it's not copperplate or a "cards-falcons-ravens" type of generic wordmark.

Dislike the uniform. Wasted opportunity to make a decent jersey.

Dislike the jersey numbers.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

On that alleged leak, The Lions' facemask is depicted as black. I thought the revision was going to dump the black facemask. Just something to consider regarding the alleged legitimacy of that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think it's interesting that, just as the 49ers are apparently abandoning the outline-drop shadow combination, the Lions are adopting it.

New helmet logo's nice, wish they had dropped black, hate the wordmark and the uniforms are a big "meh".

Where did you gather that they are using a drop shadow? I have seen nothing that suggests that. As far as those uniforms, if legit, nothing to be excited about. They are better than what they had this past season, but not much different. They look A LOT like my lions uniform concept from years ago.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived