Lions uniform changes

Proc

Don't know if it's been mentioned here, but on Headline News this morning, the Lions' logo leak got a mention on the sports segment. It was very much in the same vein of "Those bumbling Lions can't even unveil a logo properly!"

If what you are saying, the Headline News people must be idiots. Wasn't it leaked by NFL Shop?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know if it's been mentioned here, but on Headline News this morning, the Lions' logo leak got a mention on the sports segment. It was very much in the same vein of "Those bumbling Lions can't even unveil a logo properly!"

I wouldn't blame it on the "bumbling Lions". In this day and age, it's so tough to keep these things under wraps. We've seen leaks by far more competent organizations.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If what you are saying, the Headline News people must be idiots. Wasn't it leaked by NFL Shop?

They weren't paying attention to who actually leaked it, they were just using the opportunity to pile on the Lions.

Hmm...

p5820917dt.png

The Lions have gotten so bad that Bubbles has turned to drugs.

The vector versions make it clear what the white space between the chin and leg are, but from a distance, it looks like Bubbles is smoking a joint or a cigarette.

I stared at it for a minute and I have no idea where you're getting that impression.

I'm having soooo much trouble reconciling AsM's confirmation, with Colorwerx's assertion that the new set was so undeniably strong.

Sorry man, but I can guarantee those are them. I gave Colorwerx the sheet, so I know we are looking at the same thing.

I'm having soooo much trouble reconciling AsM's confirmation, with Colorwerx's assertion that the new set was so undeniably strong.

Sorry man, but I can guarantee those are them. I gave Colorwerx the sheet, so I know we are looking at the same thing.

I'm not doubting or disbelieving you, I'm just really disappointed. My hopes were up so high, and I don't know how anybody could be so impressed by these.

I'm not doubting or disbelieving you, I'm just really disappointed. My hopes were up so high, and I don't know how anybody could be so impressed by these.

It's just a point of view. What were you expecting or what would have made you happy?

ColorWerx was always consistant in that the changes weren't earth shattering and used the term "Striping Consistancy" when describing the uniforms.

If you are a fan of the "classic" look of the uniforms instead of the piping/swoosh craze that's happened recently, why would you not like what they've done?

Maybe you wanted a larger change, which I partly agree with btw, but for what they did and were obviously going for, I don't think they could have done much better.

Ok, check that...they could have 86'ed the black and went with silver numbers. But really, I'd like to know what you wanted them to do that makes this such a disappointment in your eyes.

I think you're the victim of your own expectations. Never once did the Lion's say they were going to make full scale changes and every hint or comment was "Evolution, not Revolution".

These changes are exactly that.

They weren't paying attention to who actually leaked it, they were just using the opportunity to pile on the Lions.

The new logo was printed on page 2 of today's Chicago Tribune in a list of what's hot on the Internet. They also piled on, but not for the leak: "0-16 and This is what they fix?"

It's just a point of view. What were you expecting or what would have made you happy?

How prominent black remained, is my chief disappointment. After that, I can't really say much until I see a better image. From what I'm looking at, it's too hard to tell the white from silver on the jerseys. I'm uneasy about semi-modernized numbers, but I suppose they had to go that way to be consistent with the logo and wordmark changes.

I might be overly nervous about this, but it's because they're my team. A better image might ease my mind, so hopefully one will appear soon.

Heres a thought!: What if the majority of that sheet is legit, for instance maybe it was the official Lions logo sheet...maybe even from 2003? And someone decided they would take the new logo and uniforms and tweak them up a little bit.

I mean jeez, I could make tweaks like that and make it look legit using ms paint for crying out loud...

just a thought, mainly because I really want to deny that picture.

again the logo is so sleek and updated, and the uniforms barely change? That sleeve stripe on the home jersey is awkward too, its two black lines filled with a pretty fat solid white chunk...

I really dont think in the year 2009 someone would go with a simple chubby white stripe the size of me to run around the sleeve.

temp.png

Heres a thought!: What if the majority of that sheet is legit, for instance maybe it was the official Lions logo sheet...maybe even from 2003? And someone decided they would take the new logo and uniforms and tweak them up a little bit.

You're in denial.

again the logo is so sleek and updated, and the uniforms barely change? That sleeve stripe on the home jersey is awkward too, its two black lines filled with a pretty fat solid white chunk...

It looks to me like the sleeve striping goes black-white-silver-white-black.

The logo tweaking is solid for a modernization. The uniforms get a thumb up for bringing consistency to the striping, which IMO was the glaring problem when they added black. The striping stayed traditional, which was good for the helmet and pants but doesn't work well on the jerseys.

What concerns me is that when the question about facemask color was posed, Pantone seemed happy with the change which made me think they were going with blue. Then again, maybe this is an early guide and some things have been changed since.

I'm shocked that this change started under Matt Millen's watch. There just isn't enough black for his taste. :P

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

New Logo... big thumbs up.

New wordmark... meh... OK, I guess.

New uni... I'm kinda dissapointed. Sure it coulda been much worse, but... yawn.

Still with the black facemask? Still with the silly extra thick sleeve stripes? I bet most fans won't even know there was a change from the neck down.

Does anybody else think the Lions just copied Ohio State, trading scarlet for blue?

I like the new Lions logo and the uniforms.

When I first heard they where having a complete makeover, I was worried of what direction they where guna take. But after seeing the results im pleased. I mean its not an complete overhaul, but just an upgrade with that tradition still behind it.

Overall, imo the logo and uniforms are an upgrade. Who knew how minor changes could turn out.

4kv29i.jpg

I don't think there is silver on the stripe pattern in the white uniform. Black-white-blue-white-black, just like all the other stripes, sans the dark uniform stripe.

If true, that's a shame. It's my belief that sleeve striping should emblematic (best word I could think of, even if it's not quite right), and should include at least your two main colors, no excuses. I know silver doesn't show up great on white, but there are workarounds to that--the mockup dp posted being probably the best solution. Silver has got to be present on their away sleeve striping.

Archived