Sign in to follow this  
Mingjai

Utah's Dixie State College gets a new nickname and identity

Dixie College is Dixie because it's in the South part of Utah. I realize that may be hard to understand, until you realize when Utah was settled in 1847. A little research led me to this: St. George is the population and commercial center of Utah's Dixie, a nickname given to the area when Mormon pioneers grew cotton in the warm climate.

Bullnado

Toronado.

66toronado-ad.jpg

What do vintage Oldsmobiles have to do with the discussion at hand? ^_^

For those of you who think this is worse than the Oklahoma City Thunder:

It comes close, but NOTHING will ever out-fail the [Tank]Joke-lahoma Chitty Blunder!!1!11[/Tnak]

I second Bullnado, tho "Toronado" is quite clever.

I also second that the entire logo/package/rebrand is a complete and utter pile of Bullnado chips.

Holy snikes, this is bad.

What is going on with logos recently? The OKC Fail!, the not-as-recent Buffaslug, the sCRAPpers...seriously? Now the Bullnado?

Oh my....

The worst part is the "Red Storm" font. It gradients to blue. Why does it gradient to blue?

The real question is, why shouldn't it? They obviously just made this logo to piss us all off, so I'm wondering why there aren't more gradients. I kind of like seeing work like this. It's oddly encouraging. Now I know that one day I can make it, I can do design work for a college athletic program. Thanks for the boost DSC.

Why is a school in Utah even called Dixie State?

I can answer the first question, but the rest are beyond my comprehension...

For whatever reason, southern Utah has traditionally been called Dixie, particularly the area around St. George, Utah. So in St. George, there's a Dixie High School and a Dixie State College.

Yeah I go to Dixie High. As for the name change and logo. Horrible, huge downgrade. Wow, when I heard they were doing it, I was excited but man this logo and nickname blows.

Well, this logo shows that what happens if put a bull in a blender.

We already know what ibises and cardinals look like.

wall_ibis_full.jpg

ISUlogo.png

At least those logos look like it took a lot of time to think up, and draw.

Yes! My eyes have finally seen the pinnacle of suckitude! This is without question the worst logo/identity in the history of logokind.

It's like Taz from Looney Tunes had a three-way with the Chicago Bulls and Oklahoma City Thunder....

:puke: