New Orleans Jesters

B-Rich

A while back I started a thread about a "name the team" contest for New Orleans' USL soccer team. Well apparently a winner has been chosen and the new name is... the New Orlean Jesters. A new team logo has also been developed as shown is the below release:

jesters.jpg

Personally, not too keen on it. The logo is very weak, pretty basic (what's with the shadowing?). Yet another New Orleans logo with a fleur-de-lis. And if you're going to go for the Mardi Gras color vibe, go all out and add the gold.... not black.

It is what it is.

When you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all..............

:censored:

Guess that's why we have censorship.

In all seriousness though, they should've asked the NBA to use the jester/ball secondary logo used for the '08 All Star Game in New Orleans. Or just something like it. Then again, it is the USL.

A while back I started a thread about a "name the team" contest for New Orleans' USL soccer team. Well apparently a winner has been chosen and the new name is... the New Orlean Jesters. A new team logo has also been developed as shown is the below release:

jesters.jpg

Personally, not too keen on it. The logo is very weak, pretty basic (what's with the shadowing?). Yet another New Orleans logo with a fleur-de-lis. And if you're going to go for the Mardi Gras color vibe, go all out and add the gold.... not black.

No offense but... this sucks.

EXTREMELY disappointed. I've been following this name change closely hoping for the best but expecting something like this. Begin to realize something was amiss when the name change announcement went from January 5th to the middle of January to today. They held a underpublicized "name the team" contest which only diehard New Orleans soccer fans knew about. I think the fleur de lis being incorporated into the logo is a noble gesture , but damn that is a less than thrilling logo. It's a PDL developmental team , not a top flight USL team , so this monstrosity will not be let loose on all of America to see. Jesters??? Why not go with FC Bozo...??

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Well, it's bad but not as awful as the name picked for the minor league baseball team when that sport returned to New Orleans in the mid-70's. Those poor bastards were to be called the New Orleans Maskers. :blink:

The name bombed horribly and before their first season the team was rebranded with the historical Pelicans name. Didn't matter, they didn't last long anyway and baseball left N.O. until the Zephyrs arrived in the 90's.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Well, it's bad but not as awful as the name picked for the minor league baseball team when that sport returned to New Orleans in the mid-70's. Those poor bastards were to be called the New Orleans Maskers. :blink:

The name bombed horribly and before their first season the team was rebranded with the historical Pelicans name. Didn't matter, they didn't last long anyway and baseball left N.O. until the Zephyrs arrived in the 90's.

Sky , why did you dredge up that horrible "Masker" memory??? I was 12 at the time and I still remember the Mardi Gras mask "logo" in the paper. I recall that an old lady was the winning contestant who came up with that gem.......

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Jesters aint as awful of a name choice as yall makin it out to be. True, coming up with a name for a New Orleans team is kinda tough because most of the good ones have already been used, and Jokers is a better name in Finnish than in English (see Jokerit Helsinki). Still, sounds like a name you could get behind.

The logo, though...in some cases, gradient looks nice. This is not such a case.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived