Minor league hockey team - potential contest?

TruColor

In my never-ending pursuit of Pantones, I received a very nice note from someone who works in the front office of a minor league hockey team.  They mentioned that they had looked around the SSUR.org site (and complemented it), and also mentioned that they have been contemplating developing a new 3rd jersey logo, and wondered about having a logo created.  They also mentioned that they have no real budget for this sort of thing, and I replied back that there might be some of the guys on these very message boards who could help.  My note back (which included the URLs of these boards) explained that we often come up with concept logos and uniforms, and that they might be able to find something pretty cool if they held a contest.

I won't reveal the team at this time - I'll wait for a yes or no from the team beforehand - but all I will say is that this could be a fun one.  It's actually one of the higher-selling (as far as merchandise goes) minor league teams around, and I predict that a good 3rd logo could give the winning design quite a bit of exposure.

I'll keep ya posted...I'm also going to cross-post this one on the other board...

I know it is a little early for this completley, but I am yet to own Illustrator. I should be getting it within the next few months, but I don't  know when. Lotsa ifs here..

I they have this contest, and if I do a design, and I if were to win, would somebody be willing to vectorize my design in Illustrator? Don't worry, I'm not cocky at all, I mean what do i have to be cocky about. I just don't want my inabality to make a vector logo to stop me rom joining this contest if there is one.

Chris, I'll have to think about a prize (want some Pantones?), but I'll give you the team now, since the cat's been let out of the bag on the other board:

ManitobaMoose_PL_2002-9999_.jpg

Color-corrected for your enjoyment...

The green should have given it away, but I was blanking.

Did they change the colours a bit?  I don't remember "moose" being in black before.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You're right, Mockba... they did have the Moose in purple before. I believe that it was around when they moved ot the AHL and when they got affiliated with the Canucks, they dropped the purple, but don't quote me on that.

I know, it's bad, they're my home team, and I guessed Houston before my boys...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived