Bohob's MLB Redesign Project

bohob

SERIES FINALE

#30 MINNESOTA TWINS

Alright, let's start with colors. Anybody who follows this thread had to know I was axing the navy and red, well at least one of them (red), for this concept. Enter kelly green. Then pair it with navy blue and a steely light blue. I think this color scheme works well for a Minnesota-based team, as it invokes memories of trees, lakes, and sky. I also had to think of an abstract way to show the twin relationship (something I am quite familiar with, being a twin and all, but never had to describe graphically, until now that is). I decided to take an MT monogram (not sure if the term changes when it's 2 letters) and I split it in half. This, IMO, shows the idea of two parts becoming a whole. This is also the idea behind the argyle: two diamonds that share a bond (third diamond). The uniforms feature the argyle, as well as a modified block font, which the Edmonton Oilers use on their alternate jerseys (or at least they did, not sure). I decided that using green for the homes and navy for the roads also fell in line with the duplicity I was going for. The Sunday Alt. has more of a retro style, and features the MT as a crest. Anyways, I hope everyone has enjoyed looking at and commenting on this series as much as I have enjoyed creating it. So C&C please, and I will make updates to the Twins if necessary.

twins_id.jpg

twins_home.jpg

twins_away.jpg

twins_bp.jpg

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I read you were changing the colors I wasn't so sure, but this? This is freaking awesome. Love everything about it. The cap logo looks really nice and the colors work well together. The argyle is definitely unique for a baseball uni which makes it that much better.

Superior work here.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

-im curious to see the logo with the M large showing the hierarchy of the Minnesota Twin (as it appears now Twins Minnesota) so maybe just making it appear that the M is infront of the T

-also maybe the navy is too dark, maybe use the blue from the new wolves uni's ( the blue is pantone 647, and the green is pantone 355)

but other than that its AWESOME

I also had to think of an abstract way to show the twin relationship (something I am quite familiar with, being a twin and all, but never had to describe graphically, until now that is). I decided to take an MT monogram (not sure if the term changes when it's 2 letters) and I split it in half. This, IMO, shows the idea of two parts becoming a whole. This is also the idea behind the argyle: two diamonds that share a bond (third diamond). The uniforms feature the argyle, as well as a modified block font, which the Edmonton Oilers use on their alternate jerseys (or at least they did, not sure).

That might be one of the most ingenius insights I've come across in quite some time, particularly in this forum. Absolutely excellent.

Just wanted you to know that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I also had to think of an abstract way to show the twin relationship (something I am quite familiar with, being a twin and all, but never had to describe graphically, until now that is). I decided to take an MT monogram (not sure if the term changes when it's 2 letters) and I split it in half. This, IMO, shows the idea of two parts becoming a whole. This is also the idea behind the argyle: two diamonds that share a bond (third diamond). The uniforms feature the argyle, as well as a modified block font, which the Edmonton Oilers use on their alternate jerseys (or at least they did, not sure).

That might be one of the most ingenius insights I've come across in quite some time, particularly in this forum. Absolutely excellent.

Just wanted you to know that.

I thought long and hard about this one. As a twin, I really wanted to do this one justice.

I really like it. I didn't at first, but after looking closer at it, it really grew on me quickly. The only thing I don't like is that the MT monogram is a little difficult to distinguish what it is. My suggestion would be to switch the colors on the M but leave them the same on the T, making the half on the left green and the half on the right blue. A quick mockup in MS Paint of what I mean.

3841025600_e2468160f3_o.jpg

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

I really like it. I didn't at first, but after looking closer at it, it really grew on me quickly. The only thing I don't like is that the MT monogram is a little difficult to distinguish what it is. My suggestion would be to switch the colors on the M but leave them the same on the T, making the half on the left green and the half on the right blue. A quick mockup in MS Paint of what I mean.

3841025600_e2468160f3_o.jpg

I had tried that, but in the end I felt it was too busy to look good on a cap.

OK, so is everyone talking about this concept looking like the Mariners current duds, or my Mariners concept? Because I really don't think it looks like my Seattle concept.

We're referring to their current uniforms.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

What seattle's current uniforms look like isn't relevant, as this whole series was about creating new looks for each team. bohob's Seattle concept is different from the current look, thus if all these uniforms were ever actually created, Seattle and Minesota would look nothing alike. End of story

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

What seattle's current uniforms look like isn't relevant, as this whole series was about creating new looks for each team. bohob's Seattle concept is different from the current look, thus if all these uniforms were ever actually created, Seattle and Minesota would look nothing alike. End of story

Thank you. Somebody gets it.

Archived