My first personal logo

NDwas

First, my initals are NED, which are seen in the logo as follows:

ned1.gif

I also tried to include my favorite colors - black, orange and blue (no, I'm not a Mets fan), my favorite type of art - cubism, and my love of the best sport on earth - baseball.

For the baseball part, I was able to include what I consider to be third base and the left field line:

ned3.gif

Put those all together, and this is what you get:

ned.gif

I'm definitely open to your questions, concerns, comments, and suggestions.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is kinda weird, but I see how it all fits. It reminds me of the icon for receiving an email.

I just don't really think it flows together all that well.

Ditto. You clearly put a lot of thought into it, but unless you actually told someone what it all meant, I honestly don't think anyone would even be able to decipher your initials out of it. However, as long as you understand it, I suppose that's all that matters (Lord knows I've designed my fair share of personal logos that made no sense to anyone but myself).

I just don't see the elements that you speak of, and they all look really, really forced. Even if you tell me what each components are, I still have difficulty seeing them. That means you will have to explain to everyone what it represents.

To me, it simply looks like a picture frame stuck in a window?

Wade-sig.png

Ok...so so far its a no-go for you all. Anyone have any suggestions? It took me a while just to come up with something that looked decent...

I mean, my backup doesn't really say anything about me at all:

ned5.gif

heres a quick idea... still needs work but might give you an idea to start off of

ned.jpg

unfortunately, i dont think when anyone thinks of a baseball "icon" or "logo" they think of third base and the line....it would have to be a MAJOR piece of the game (ex. bat, ball, homeplate, field shape)

as far as your logo...i see where you started...but got lost on the combining...i see you had an "N"...but where did the horizontal cross bars come from on the top and bottom? and the "E"...adding a vertical line on the right side just makes it a squared "8"...if anyone has to ask what it is...it just doesnt work...for a logo with letters or numbers to come across, there cant be ANY confusion....i just dont see a "n", "e" or "d" anywhere in your logo....i see a mail letter with a sideways interlocking 8

hope this helps

footer_helmet.gif

• 3 months later...

theres plenty of thought behind it, but as far as readability goes, theres zero with that logo. its really an abstract shape and would be better served with your name underneath it in something like helvetica

i like the backup logo better but if it dosnt represent you then theres no need to consider it.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 1 month later...

Ok...made some progress with this finally.

First, my personal logo:

ned-1.gif

Secondly, I want to also hear opinion of my idea for a personal business. I'm calling it squareUP. And here it is:

squareup1.gif

squareup2.gif

try dividing the squares into 4 squares. then, in the top right quadrant...just use the word "up" in some fashion.

Not sure I understand what you're saying here. The four squares I have above are just different color applications of the same logo (primary is bottom left).

try dividing the squares into 4 squares. then, in the top right quadrant...just use the word "up" in some fashion.

Not sure I understand what you're saying here. The four squares I have above are just different color applications of the same logo (primary is bottom left).

I think he means the individual squares...

I know. What I mean is for ONE logo, have a square split into 4 equal squares. in the top quadrant, put the word "UP" in the top corner. maybe make the 3 other squares solid and the top right one empty with an outline...or nothing at all. i think it would just make the logo more interesting.

Did a quick visual render...

up.png

yeah that is what I was thinking...or even having that top right square be absent with just the word "UP" there. or maybe have that particular square stroked instead of filled.

First, my initals are NED, which are seen in the logo as follows:

ned1.gif

I also tried to include my favorite colors - black, orange and blue (no, I'm not a Mets fan), my favorite type of art - cubism, and my love of the best sport on earth - baseball.

For the baseball part, I was able to include what I consider to be third base and the left field line:

ned3.gif

Put those all together, and this is what you get:

ned.gif

I'm definitely open to your questions, concerns, comments, and suggestions.

When put together, it looks like you reversed Deutsche Bank mated it with Enron.

deutsche_bank_logo.jpg

_1351100_enron150.jpg

To be honest I don't really like any of those UP versions. The idea is there, just not the execution. I hate the font, it's so plain and common and too thin, the logo has no personality.

What you're trying to say is that yours is much better. :P :P :D

To be honest I don't really like any of those UP versions. The idea is there, just not the execution. I hate the font, it's so plain and common and too thin, the logo has no personality.

wow,

great post, really smart and well thought out.

Way to give criticism like a pro!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived