MLB Concepts

HarperK

I'm digging these uniforms, up until i saw your work here I hated the brown and yellow but you made it look good. I would suggest some white piping around the letters on the alternates and perhaps a san diego wordmark on the road uniform. However I would prefer the San Diego to be in the same font as Padres on the home unis, that difference has always bothered me. Hope this helps.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White and gray aren't different enough colors to warrant a color change on the wordmark (IMO). I know some teams do it (Orioles for example) but I don't think the wordmark should change colors unless it's going on a colored-alternate jersey. I'd either put the yellow w/ brown trim on the home, or go with the brown on the road. If you really want to use a yellow cap with the home (which is a questionable but not unacceptable option) then I'd probably work the yellow wordmark in there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3/29 Minnesota Twins

Again was inspired by old sets, but put much more detail into this one. First you will notice the logo/patch. Used the "Two Guys" but put my own spin on the overall design. Ill post side by sides of what I did later. Next is the scripts. I took the old twins script, moved the "T" closer the the rest of the letters, then added the star as is in the old Minnesota script. With the Minnesota script, i customized the tail to match the twins tail, and removed the writing from inside the tail. I also added the "ghost pinstripes". I like the twins pinstripes, but didn't want it to take away from the basic design. Also put the 2009 HHH Metrodome patch on the back of the cap.

C+C

logosheet.png

primaryhome-1.png

althome-1.png

primaryroad-1.png

altroad-1.png

MODEL.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

If the star is to be the location of the team it is way off. Other wise why is the star in that spot?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

If the star is to be the location of the team it is way off. Other wise why is the star in that spot?

yeah i realized that afterwards...i had deadspace and filled it with the star i used with the wordmarks. wasnt thinking about how alot of logos mark the teams location like that. derrrr on me

I don't know how I've missed this thus far but here are my thoughts:

-I think you should use the brown Pads jersey as a home alt and the yellow as a road alt.

-I love everything about the Twins concept.

-I would love to see the Padres go back to those colors.

Overall spectacular job so far. I'm excited to see more of these.

Excellent, excellent work here. I really like the balance between navy and red you have here. The scripts are beautiful, and the pinstripes (which I'm normally not a fan of) look great. Those home jerseys are awesome, in particular. Nice job!

scotland_fifasig.png

This is probably the best Twins set I have ever seen on these boards. I am usually very harsh on Twins sets, so be glad I like yours. :P I even bashed Discrim for his. Anyways, everything is perfect except for the hats. I actually don't mind that you use red hats for the home jerseys, because red seems to be the main color there. My only problem with them is that you inverted the colors of the TC. The current colors look better IMO. That would be white T and colored C. That is really the only change I think you can make. Kudos to you!

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

The Twins set is good, I like the old school look. The only thing that bothers me is that the "C" is white and the "T" is colored, IMO it looks way better the other way around. Also, the way the "TC" in the "two guys" logo is tilted looks awkward and the star next to it serves no meaning at all, I would ditch it completely.

RedSox2.pngCeltics.pngVikings.pngBruins.png

BOSTON.png

avatar by crkraider22, signature by crkraider22 and chestnutz

• 2 weeks later...

4/8 Arizona Diamondbacks

for the DBacks, I went with the old ARIZONA wordmark, and a custom DIAMONDBACKS wordmark very similar to the former style. Not totally sold on how it turned out, but here it is anyways...

LogoSheet-1.png

PrimaryHome-2.png

AltHome-2.png

PrimaryRoad-2.png

AltRoad-2.png

Models.png

Not a fan of the pinstripes on the gray uniform. (In fact not a fan of pinstripes, unless there is good reason, seems to much like teams trying to be Yankees lite if you will). I like everything else about the DBacks outfit.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Some things I like, others I don't. Get rid of the away pinstripes, and the gray looks a tad dark. Not a fan of what you did with the logos, the drop shadow thing seems forced and the A's on ARIZONA look odd. I really love the home uniform though.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I think you need a white outline around the numbers and wordmarks on the away jerseys, and you should probably lighten up the grey you used for the away jersey and the pants. I don't know if it's because of the pinstripes making it look darker, or if it is actually darker than normal, but either way, it doesn't look right.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived