MLB Concepts

HarperK

Twins and Blue Jays concepts are absolutely flawless - excellent work. Good work with the Pads set - I'm not a fan of the colors, but you did well with what you had.

Of the four, though, I think the D'Backs set is the most lacking. I'm probably a bit biased here, since I think that the 07 D'Backs redesign introduced possibly one of the best sets of unis in baseball, but right now I think your set is a bit...too plain. There is so much that can be done with the Arizona identity, and the pinstripes...just aren't working. Again, only my opinion, cause it's really the only misfire of the bunch. You've got great work in here :) .

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4/9 Toronto Blue Jays

With Toronto, I wanted to modernize their classic look. I took their current Jay logo and altered/customized it a bit, chose new scripts/number font. Pretty simple.

LogoSheet-2.png

PrimaryHome-3.png

AltHome-3.png

PrimaryRoad-3.png

AltRoad-3.png

Models-1.png

Those "BLUE"Jays logo package+uniforms are absolute mouth-watering eye-candy for

sore eyes to behold,but could you make the Maple Leaf red on a white outline for me please.

The blue trim on the leaf is optional.Greatly appreciated in advance.

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

Perhaps a new Primary Logo and cap logo?

MainLogo.png

That would make an awesome back-up logo,but could you make the "T"

red or light blue with a light blue,white or red for me please?

I would prefer a red T inside a lt. blue T on the outside trimmed in white.

Greatly appreciated in advanced.

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

Padres - I like that you've went to the brown scheme. It seems a bit too light though. I'd prefer if you darkened the brown and perhaps lightened the gray on the roads. The yellow cap isn't really doing it for me either. I suggest either just using the all-brown cap or having a brown cap with a yellow bill. It looks good, but I think it could be better.

Twins - I dig the handshake patch. As mentioned earlier, the star really serves no purpose. At least it's not apparent. Gotta get rid of that element. While I do not really care for the old script, I do love how you pulled it off. Also, the opposite two-tone caps are well done. They really pull the whole thing together. Excellent work all around here.

Diamondbacks - Like you, I'm not digging these. They're too bland. And don't really say anything. The gray is a bit dark. If you're sold on the pinstripes for that uniform either lighten the gray or lighten the pinstripes. It's too dark as it is.

Blue Jays - I like how you've incorporated the new jay into a logo that is inspired by the old logo. I'm also digging the retro feel of the uniforms. The white panel hat is a miss for me. It seems out of place with the light blue jersey.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I do like your decision to de-emphasize the black, but everything else has missed.

The script, while nice, doesn't fit the team. It's too playful.

The cap logo is generic. I do see the reference to the state flag, but it's bland and generic.

I'm also confused with your decision to have piping on only one side of the placket. I see how it flows, but it looks off-balanced and weird.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

According to the MLB rules on uniforms, there should not be a baseball on the actual uniform. I know that The Brewers and Phillies have had abstract versions of baseballs on their uniforms in the past, but yours would certainly not fly. I love your script and taking the black out. I think the cap logo needs to be done again to reflect the great work you have done with the rest of the set.

I can't believe that no one has commented on this concept! It's excellent. Clean, crisp, and a big improvement. As always though, I've got some suggestions.

First and foremost, the purple numbers on the purple jersey have to go. They'd be illegible from the stands, and don't look so great close up either. I don't absolutely adore the logo, but it is nice enough. I like how it plays off the CO state flag, but it doesn't really build on the mountains theme. I also think you should space the letters out a little more for legibility's sake; currently they kind of run into each other. The gradient thing on the logos doesn't help, either. All these little things are just itsy-bitsy nitpicky critiques, as the concept as a whole is great. I'm very impressed with this series. Who's next?

scotland_fifasig.png

I rarely see new things worth commenting on, but you really have blended new and old quite seamlessly, and with great presentation. I wish I had better critique, but I'd have to really look and I think just appreciating a great job is well enough.

But for the sake of giving more than just props.

San Diego- LOVE the color bring back. The old Steve Garvey font is great, but probably impossible to do without being awful looking. Brown and Yellow. Quite unique. I'd maybe just darken the brown. But other than that, great. What if they used the gold they use now with an dark Brown? May be modern and a nice nod to the past and present.

Twins- Really a good looking set. The "Twins" kerning looks a bit weird still, but that happens when a cursive W goes to an I, its always going to look a bit strange. Nice job with making it Minnesota on the road, nice improvement.

Its really the best twins set i've seen, and i've done a couple i was proud of and I feel this was far more effective. Nice work

Blue Jays- Love the choice to keep the new bird. People love the late 90s bird, but I think this new bird is wonderfully rendered and unfairly lumped with the awful bevel in a failed identity. The Jay itself is quite unique and cool. Clever way to do powder blue, which I think more people want to see than actually admit.

Nice work.

The script looks good, but it not for a MLB team. The Rockies script reminds me way too much like Reese's. The curves don't mesh well with strait lines in mountain and streaks behind the ball. The script needs to be more strait and well...Rocky.

I also agree that the C logo is too generic. I see where you're coming from with it, but I just don't see it working the way it looks right now. Unless if you make the script in a font like that of the hat logo, I'd like to see how that work.

I do like what your doing with the de-emphasis of the black, and the design of the uniforms looks pretty solid as well.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• 1 month later...

5/15 Mets

I went for the classic look they had from the Strawberry-Gooden era, and tried to tie it in with the current. New primary logo and patch derived from it. Tweaked Wordmarks and NY logo. I was pleased with the way the primary sets came out, but the alternates i dont know about. Id prolly rather go back and make the alternates Tom Seaver era throwbacks... C+C!

logosheet-5.png

primaryhome-7.png

primaryroad-8.png

althome-5.png

altroad-5.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Great job on the Mets. The logo and wordmarks look great. Home jersey looks good. I have never been a huge fan of that Mets look, but you did such a good job on it that I really like it. The road looks good as well. For the orange, did you consider using a different color outline/backshadow on the script? It might look better if it was white...maybe not. You could play around with it. That alternate hat is great. Nice job. I love the blue jersey. They need that. Overall, this is an excellent concept. Great job!

Padres: Ditch the yellow cap and add the swinging friar to the sleeves (with a yellow bat and brown cloak).

Twins: I prefer them with a solid navy cap. Maybe use the red cap/navy bill for the alts, but switch the T and C coloring on the navy shell.

Diamondbacks: Pretty much a downgrade from what they have. Pinstripes are way too much.

Blue Jays: The update is absolutely perfect. The coloring for the text is quite awesome.

Rockies: Fantastic, but the R in Rockies screams Reese's to me.

Mets: The uniforms are nice, but I don't like how Mr. Met obstructs the wordmark in the logo.

VmWIn6B.png

I have to agree with everyone here, while it's a nice step, I don't like how you are integrating old with new with the Diamondbacks. Stripes are a bit too much and the script is something i'm not too fond of

5/16 Mets Update

I altered the number font on the primary jerseys, think they look alot sharper.

I also ditched those hideous alternated in favor of some classic '71 throwbacks...

Lemme know whatcha think!

primaryhome2.png

althome2.png

primaryroad2.png

altroad2.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I really think you need to lose the drop shadow here. Especially on the road, the drop shadow just makes my eyes go crazy, kind of like it's out of focus. I'd take the scripts and numbers from your alt/retro sets, and put them on the primaries you have here. I do like the blue alt posted a few posts above, but the racing stripes could use some white. Same with the orange one, actually. Nice work here overall.

Archived