MLB Concepts

HarperK

I really think you need to lose the drop shadow here. Especially on the road, the drop shadow just makes my eyes go crazy, kind of like it's out of focus. I'd take the scripts and numbers from your alt/retro sets, and put them on the primaries you have here. I do like the blue alt posted a few posts above, but the racing stripes could use some white. Same with the orange one, actually. Nice work here overall.

I agree with everything you said 100%. I loved both the blue and orange alt. I don't thing the thing with the drop shadow would be so bad if you weren't using the "Rangers" drop shadow (down and to the left). I think they may be the only pro sports team that doesn't go down and to the right, and from what I can tell, they're the only team it works with, so I would avoid it here. Other then that I love this set! Keep up the good work!

Anubis.png

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Shum's suggestion to nix the drop shadow. Once that is done, I think the original set is the way to go. I like color.

I dig the logo, but I'd change two things. First, I don't like how Mr. Met's leg is draping over the wordmark. It just seems like it's in his way. I think you gotta put him completely behind the word. Second, give Mr. Met a jersey. You have the players wearing these beautiful shoulder/sleeve cuff stripes and Mr. Met is wearing a t-shirt. Give him the same treatment as the players.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived