Miami Marlins Rebrand

elliott

***** Updated on page 3 ******

Other rebrands:

mlb-rebrand-bar3.gif

SEA | TB | BAL

So, I've been working on this concept for about a week, I had the general idea down but I have been tweaking minor things and major things like color scheme. Which I'm still not really settled on.

I went with a scheme of black, light blue, silver, and a touch of orange (like they do now). Obviously the light blue replaces the teal, and although I like teal, I wanted the Marlins to go in a completely different direction when they change the name to Miami, whenever that it. The reason for the light blue is this guy:

LINK

It's not the exact same pattern but it is what inspired me, especially the striping going down the length of the body.

The logo package consists of a primary, which is an aggressive looking marlin jumping behind the wordmark and a baseball. I did want to make the marlin look static and more fierce, and like it is in motion. The patch/partial logo is better view of the marlin twisting, used on the arm patch and probably on most merchandise. The wordmarks are custom scripts. I tried to refine these, my Rays wordmarks look pretty handwritten, and although these obviously come from being originally drawn, I wanted them to be more professional. Some letters, especially the M, aren't drawn, though. I tried to change up a few things from a completely traditional script to make it more modern, especially the A. The cap logo is meant to match the M from the wordmarks.

Finally, the uniforms, I went with a two color wordmark-and-number scheme that is partly inspired by the Lakers and the Dodgers. Other than that, it's pretty simple. The light blue could be worn with gray pants, too, but I personally prefer it when teams wear alternate colors at home and gray on the road. I tried to keep the black and blue almost even, and I do think I succeeded in making the M on the hat very legible, hopefully it stands out. You can hate it all you want but keep in mind that light blue cap logos look very bold against black! :)

That's about it, check out my other rebrands (if you missed them) if you want, but please no bumping. I want to make this a very drawn out series like GhettoFarmBoy's NHL redesign. All concepts will be rebrands as I want to go all out on these.

***Original concept quoted by the genius with the second post :rolleyes: ****

Thanks for any C+C.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Other rebrands:

mlb-rebrand-bar3.gif

SEA | TB | BAL

So, I've been working on this concept for about a week, I had the general idea down but I have been tweaking minor things and major things like color scheme. Which I'm still not really settled on.

I went with a scheme of black, light blue, silver, and a touch of orange (like they do now). Obviously the light blue replaces the teal, and although I like teal, I wanted the Marlins to go in a completely different direction when they change the name to Miami, whenever that it. The reason for the light blue is this guy:

LINK

It's not the exact same pattern but it is what inspired me, especially the striping going down the length of the body.

The logo package consists of a primary, which is an aggressive looking marlin jumping behind the wordmark and a baseball. I did want to make the marlin look static and more fierce, and like it is in motion. The patch/partial logo is better view of the marlin twisting, used on the arm patch and probably on most merchandise. The wordmarks are custom scripts. I tried to refine these, my Rays wordmarks look pretty handwritten, and although these obviously come from being originally drawn, I wanted them to be more professional. Some letters, especially the M, aren't drawn, though. I tried to change up a few things from a completely traditional script to make it more modern, especially the A. The cap logo is meant to match the M from the wordmarks.

Finally, the uniforms, I went with a two color wordmark-and-number scheme that is partly inspired by the Lakers and the Dodgers. Other than that, it's pretty simple. The light blue could be worn with gray pants, too, but I personally prefer it when teams wear alternate colors at home and gray on the road. I tried to keep the black and blue almost even, and I do think I succeeded in making the M on the hat very legible, hopefully it stands out. You can hate it all you want but keep in mind that light blue cap logos look very bold against black! :)

That's about it, check out my other rebrands (if you missed them) if you want, but please no bumping. I want to make this a very drawn out series like GhettoFarmBoy's NHL redesign. All concepts will be rebrands as I want to go all out on these.

Marlins2009Logos.gif

Marlins2009Jerseys.gif

Marlins2009Alt.gif

Thanks for any C+C.

I like the logo, but I can't say I'm a fan of the powder Blue. Also the scripts look like they say "Marlens" or "Meame"

1909.png1925.png1960.png1971.png1979.png

1991copycopy.png

Overall, I like where you're going. The marlin itself looks okay, if a little robotic. I actually like the color change. So, yeah, good start. But you have to change the script. It's just not working.

I think the unis are AWESOME!

Look like the ones Satchel Paige wore for awhile as a member of the AAA Miami Marlins back in the day...Don't look back, Elliott, something might be gaining on ya with that skill!

bYhYmxh.png

...just a suggestion, you don't have to quote the topic when you are second to post.

Anyway, I love the colors and primary, and the aways/alts look good, however something about the home bothers me. For lack of a better word, its somewhat boring...I think it would help to add an outline to the wordmark, or incorporate some orange into it. I initially didn't like the cap logo, but the more I think about it, I like it.

Also, for the wordmarks, this may just be me but the spacing in the loop of the i makes it look somewhat like an e with a single umlaut above it. To me, it sort of looks like 'Marlens' and 'Meame'.

It's a nice start but I have a few things to point out. First of is the color scheme, I don't advocate you straying from the black and teal, especially in light of the Ray's blue emphasized redesign from last season. Next the scripts need some work. The "M" and tail look great but the "arlins" and "iami" are off. The biggest thing that jumps out at me are the "i"s, they look like "e"s with a dot above, you should make them more like a traditional straight "i" without the loop. The other big thing is the "a" which looks quite out of place with the style of the other letters. If you still want to go with that style of an a, it could work but it is too tall and I think you should add the full tail thingy rather than connect it to the "r" from the horizontal bar thing (sorry I don't know all the typographic terminology). The Marlin logo looks great, awesome job there. Onto the uniforms, I think it would look better if for on the white jersey you did baby blue on black piping, on the gray the same, and on the alt white on black. I also think a more rounded number font would work here rather than the standard MLB block. Lastly I would say use a black outline on all the numbers rather than the white. Hope this helps.

It's a nice start but I have a few things to point out. First of is the color scheme, I don't advocate you straying from the black and teal, especially in light of the Ray's blue emphasized redesign from last season. Next the scripts need some work. The "M" and tail look great but the "arlins" and "iami" are off. The biggest thing that jumps out at me are the "i"s, they look like "e"s with a dot above, you should make them more like a traditional straight "i" without the loop. The other big thing is the "a" which looks quite out of place with the style of the other letters. If you still want to go with that style of an a, it could work but it is too tall and I think you should add the full tail thingy rather than connect it to the "r" from the horizontal bar thing (sorry I don't know all the typographic terminology). The Marlin logo looks great, awesome job there. Onto the uniforms, I think it would look better if for on the white jersey you did baby blue on black piping, on the gray the same, and on the alt white on black. I also think a more rounded number font would work here rather than the standard MLB block. Lastly I would say use a black outline on all the numbers rather than the white. Hope this helps.

Yeah thanks for the suggestions here, they are really helpful (and thanks to everyone else too). Now I bolded one thing you said in particular because I new someone would say it, but in my league, the Rays would be navy and yellow, as you have seen B) . That's why I felt it was ok to go with light blue. Those piping suggestions sound really good. And I am thinking about keeping the M from the wordmarks but revamping the arlins and iami, the e's do look off, I agree, and I think I will start from scratch there,

Not a fan of the scripts at all, very un-majorleague-ish. I can't say that I hate the new colors, but I think they would be better if there was still a little bit of teal, after all it is about the only teal in the MLB unless you count the Mariners' very very dark teal. The unis are very cool, though. The logos are also cool, nothing to change there.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I love the colors in the logos. The powder blue and the orange are fantastic, but unfortunately they aren't used well in the uniforms. I'd go back and work some more orange into the unis and try to give them more color depth in general.

And, as was mentioned, those wordmarks need work.

But it's a very nice start.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

that is the worst script ever. you cant even read it, and the logo is horrible. This is definitely the worst concept ive seen in a while.

Win.

Elliot, just go kill yourself now.

Clearly there is a concept god amongst us.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

that is the worst script ever. you cant even read it, and the logo is horrible. This is definitely the worst concept ive seen in a while.

Win.

Elliot, just go kill yourself now.

I was on my way, actually, I brought my laptop to the cliff i was about to jump off.

First off I really like the Marlin logo, and the color change is actually pretty cool. However, I echo what everyone has said about the "i"s looking like "e"s. However, with a little touchup, they could be very, very good. I would also make the scripts blue with a black outline maybe, and go with a blue cap and socks (I think there's a little too much black in the uniforms). I would also use a little orange in the uniforms. The cap logo is a little boring, but I think it could work. But I've got to say, your presentations are incredible, they make everything look so much better.

ph_407812.jpgNickAdenhart.pngph_458675.jpg

Just had to quote this. Priceless.

Anyway, here's my C+C:

1. Can't tell if the third color in the logo is orange or yellow. Whichever it is, the script should be outlined in it so that it ties in more with the fish.

2. As has been mentioned, the "i"s look like "e"s. Honestly, I'm not sure how you didn't notice that... but I guess that's what we're here for!

3. Add the orange / yellow color into the uniforms, either as an outline of the script or maybe even a light drop shadow. Numbers too.

4. Valid point raised above about similarities to the Rays, BUT as you said - in your league, the Rays don't look like the real Rays, so I say work your concept in the context of your ideal league. Don't limit yourself.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It looks decent, but changes could be made. The script looks like Meame to me. The cap logo seems very bland, maybe an outline. The marlin looks off to me, I think it's the head, or the part where the marlin is turning. The colour looks good, but I think sticking with aqua would work better.

It's a good start though.

Also jetsfan, lets see your artistic abilities.

I love your concept, but I think moving to Miami is all the more reason to teal it up. The scripts could use a little cleaning up, but you're in the right direction. Primary's great, hat is great, just use more Miami/Caribbean colors and clean up the scripts, that's all. Great Marlins concept in a sea (haha) of inadequate Marlins concepts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Like most said already, the script needs to be changed. I am not completely sold on the Marlin logo, but it looks nice. I think you are about half way there as far as getting this thing to the level of your other concepts. The main thing is the script. Good work otherwise.

Archived