Miami Marlins Rebrand

elliott

The logos are perfect now. But I am going to have to agree with chrisCLEMENT that the orange looks a little too forced, I really don't know how you could incorporate it in there unless you switch around some stripe and outline colors. Good update, but something about it says it needs some tweaking, I'm not sure what though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Update look's really good, I agree with others though that the orange is being forced, and I dont really like the Black hats, maybe use orange instead of black and just use black as a accent color, for the names, piping, and hat I think it would look better without black.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

that is the worst script ever. you cant even read it, and the logo is horrible. This is definitely the worst concept ive seen in a while.
much better the orange is cool the script is readable and such, these r much better.

good update.

Amazing what happens when you do almost nothing to the logo... <_<

After thinking about it, I thought of a good fix for this concept. Why don't you have a all blue hat and a blue hat with a orange bill? And Then leave a thin black line inside the script (in between the orange and blue) and keep the black on the logos?

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

that is the worst script ever. you cant even read it, and the logo is horrible. This is definitely the worst concept ive seen in a while.
much better the orange is cool the script is readable and such, these r much better.

good update.

no u actually did pretty good with the update the script is a lot better but the orange on the away #s looks too akward.

Don't you want the JOJ?

After thinking about it, I thought of a good fix for this concept. Why don't you have a all blue hat and a blue hat with a orange bill? And Then leave a thin black line inside the script (in between the orange and blue) and keep the black on the logos?

Yeah, good idea, I think I'm gonna go in that direction.

2nd update - looks great but i would have more black and less yellow on the alternate blue jersey, keep the white numbers then outline in yellow then black and it would be perfect, great work all all together, i would love to see this used

It's not yellow.

Number font just isn't working. It's too thick, and I just don't think the style fits in with the rest of the look. I say go with standard MLB block, or the Yankees / Tigers block (varsity block I think?)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This would be my 3rd comment on this revised version but everytime I look at it I see ways to improve it. I was just wondering why did you change the number font? I prefer the orginal one a lot more.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

This update is much, much better. The numbers stand out more, there's more orange on the jerseys, and the scripts are greatly improved. The powder blue alt is my favorite, but it all holds together quite well and makes a cohesive identity. That's a sweet fish! One suggestion, though: make the cap logo white trimmed in powder blue and orange (or something like that- you'd know better) to make it match the type on the jerseys better. Great work!

scotland_fifasig.png

good update.

Woah, that's the same kid. I did not realize that.

Elliott, listen to him though; u actually did a pr3tty gud ^date, im impressd.

EDIT: BringBackTheVet may be right, it may be the number font that's throwing the jerseys off for me. I would agree and suggest a block font.

EDIT: BringBackTheVet may be right, it may be the number font that's throwing the jerseys off for me. I would agree and suggest a block font.

He usually is. thumbsup.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2nd update - looks great but i would have more black and less yellow on the alternate blue jersey, keep the white numbers then outline in yellow then black and it would be perfect, great work all all together, i would love to see this used

It's not yellow.

orange, but same comment

Oh, you jokester, you. ;)

Thanks for all the comments, I'm gonna do a little experimentin' tomorrow, trying to minimize black.

Oh, you jokester, you. ;)

Thanks for all the comments, I'm gonna do a little experimentin' tomorrow, trying to minimize black.

Like myself, BBTV is always right :evil: .

Haven't commented on this yet, so here's a rundown. First off, I really like the rendering of the fish. I don't think the script is there yet, but it's significantly better than your first version. On the primary logo, is the baseball necessary? I think the baseball makes the entire logo lopsided and impedes the motion of the fish. As far as the uniforms go, I like the cap logo. I think the number outlines are a bit thick in comparison to the outlines of the wordmark. The patch should probably go on the right sleeve because the logo is backward when placed on the left sleeve, which is a sign of cowardice. Lastly, I don't think the colors are working that well. I know you wanted to move away from teal, but the Rays have already claimed light blue for the state of Florida. Plus I feel that there is too much black in this overall. Have you thought about a dark green/orange scheme, similar to the U? It would be unique for baseball, cohesive with the regional identity, and IMO less smashed together than the colors you have presented. I don't mean to be harsh, because I usually really like your work, but this concept isn't quite there yet.

Major Update, #2

Ok, this is a very significant change. First, the little tweaks:

-I made the two outlines on the wordmarks about the same width, basically just cutting down on the significant difference between the two previously, with orange the dominant color.

-Added same outline as wordmarks to cap logo.

-Added colored belt (I just forgot before).

-Sleeve logo on opposite arm.

Now the major stuff:

-Ok, new primary color. I was getting sick of the sky blue, I don't know why, but I went for a blue that is really a cross between royal and teal. It's about in the middle. You might think: that is the same shade the Marlins use currently. It's not, though. It has much more blue in it.

-The hats are very different. They are the new bluish color, with orange brims on home/alt and the solid road hat to reflect the drabness of gray (as many teams do nowadays).

-The piping, well, I am trying to minimize black here, but I didn't like orange next to teal, so I just went the minimal route, and kept it simple with a single stripe of blue. Obviously it's traditional but the modern-ness of the other elements kinda offsets this.

-New number font. Just varsity block here.

I think that's about it, hopefully you like the direction I'm going. I used links for the jerseys so I didn't clog up this page, and also so you can see bigger images of the home/away. Comments still appreciated.

Logos:

Marlins2009Logos-3.gif

Home | Away | Alternate

very impressed. You stuck to your rebrand approach. The Logo, Wordmark and Uni's all have a sense of unity that is often lost on this forum. Very professional and feasible. Great, great job Elliot.

Archived