Gonzaga wearing "ZAGS" alternate

TFoA

w855ih.png

When SoD goes wrong. Just awful. (I'll get better pics later.)

Those Gonzaga uniforms aren't S.O.D.

They are. They are part of Nike's Pro Combat line.

Nike Pro Combat doesn't have anything to do with uniforms. It's the padded undergarments and elbow pads that they recently came out with. The uniforms they wore tonight are the same uniforms they have worn for the past 3-4 years, just a different color. An easy way to tell if a uniform is S.O.D. is look at the band around the neck. All SOD uniforms have a really wide neck band.

And the Bulldogs were handed a loss fitting a team clad in such uniforms. I can't decide which is a worse look: black with the "ZAGS" up front, or the navy sublimated hoo-hah with "GO ZAGS" on the back. Let's call it a draw for now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That's definitely black, I thought so when I saw it on TV. It is the stupidest thing for a team with navy to wear a black alternate. What's the point, nobody can tell anyway. Notre Dame did this too.

And what is with the "ZAGS" craze by Nike lately. They have on the back of the pro combat unis, and now on the front of these. It's a nickname, I doesn't need to be emphasized that much. I mean, last time I checked they were still the Gonzaga Bulldogs.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

That's definitely black, I thought so when I saw it on TV. It is the stupidest thing for a team with navy to wear a black alternate. What's the point, nobody can tell anyway. Notre Dame did this too.

And what is with the "ZAGS" craze by Nike lately. They have on the back of the pro combat unis, and now on the front of these. It's a nickname, I doesn't need to be emphasized that much. I mean, last time I checked they were still the Gonzaga Bulldogs.

ya its dumb, i guess if some teams want to be cool like gonzaga they can put these on their jerseys:

LSU - "bayou bengals"

Louisville - "Ville"

Miami - "the U"

Akron Zips - "Roos"

Yankees - Bronx Bombers"

Browns - "Dogs"

Cleveland Indians - "Tribe"

Pittsburgh Pirates - "Bucs"

...and they all have to be black jerseys and say it on the front and back haha

w855ih.png

When SoD goes wrong. Just awful. (I'll get better pics later.)

Sorry for my ignorance but what are SOD uniforms? or what does it stand for?

it's Nike's "System of Dress"

here's a website about them:

NIKE SOD

Firs I have heard of this :blush:

I guess that is what happens when you don't follow the sport that closely.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Nike Pro Combat doesn't have anything to do with uniforms. It's the padded undergarments and elbow pads that they recently came out with. The uniforms they wore tonight are the same uniforms they have worn for the past 3-4 years, just a different color. An easy way to tell if a uniform is S.O.D. is look at the band around the neck. All SOD uniforms have a really wide neck band.

They are SOD uniforms, the original SOD uniforms and others with the same template (the stripes on the back over the shoulders) had the same necklines. There have been some variations in newer SOD models. For example, Carolina went back to a V-neck collar this year but is wearing SOD. Duke has the same model and this appears to be what Gonzaga is wearing. There is another variation of SOD with the two tone neckline/shoulder stripes - see FSU, Miami and Villanova (which will now be NikeElite) for examples.

ya its dumb, i guess if some teams want to be cool like gonzaga they can put these on their jerseys:

LSU - "bayou bengals"

Louisville - "Ville"

Miami - "the U"

Akron Zips - "Roos"

Yankees - Bronx Bombers"

Browns - "Dogs"

I believe Long Beach State used to have "The Beach"

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

LSU - "bayou bengals"

Louisville - "Ville"

Miami - "the U"

Akron Zips - "Roos"

Yankees - Bronx Bombers"

Browns - "Dogs"

It said Zags on the back too? Hahahahahahahahahaha

Archived