Finland National Soccer Team

TalktoChuck

So I've been caught up in a lot of the 2010 World Cup Qualifying recently and was looking at Finalnd's kits and logos and thought to myself "Couldn't these be a lot better?" So I set out to try and improve their look. Their current crest is awful IMO. It's plain and besides the colors, doesn't say "Finland" to me. And their current kits are just a stereotypical Addidas kit. In this attempt to improve their set, I wanted to try and make it a classic look that could work for years to come.

Current Crest

Current Kit

And here is my attempt. Just for clarification, the lion looking thing is seen on their country shield and also their national hockey team's logo. And Suomi is the native name for Finland.

Crest:

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/T...gn/Finlands.gif

Kits:

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/T...gn/Finland2.gif

UPDATED::::::::

Finland-2da.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

Crest is an improvement, but use a different font for the text.

Uniforms are solid, nothing groundbreaking obviously, but it looks like Poland/Austria's Euro kits (can't remember which one, I know there was some red Nike team with a white stripe across the chest).

Good job.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Crest is an improvement, but use a different font for the text.

Uniforms are solid, nothing groundbreaking obviously, but it looks like Poland/Austria's Euro kits (can't remember which one, I know there was some red Nike team with a white stripe across the chest).

Good job.

I believ that was Poland. And yeah they are really similar. I'll ppost an update tomorrow. Thankd for the comments guys.

jNTsTyQ.png

This is probably a small point, but its something that ocurs to me. Given that the Finnish flag is blue on white, I am not sure why the band is white on blue and then no band on the white shirt? Not sure that the strip screams 'Finland' to me. Personally the lion is too reminiscent of the lion on the Netherlands badge and the band thing just dunno, doesn't quite fit. Maybe I am just being hyper critical though?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

This is probably a small point, but its something that ocurs to me. Given that the Finnish flag is blue on white, I am not sure why the band is white on blue and then no band on the white shirt? Not sure that the strip screams 'Finland' to me. Personally the lion is too reminiscent of the lion on the Netherlands badge and the band thing just dunno, doesn't quite fit. Maybe I am just being hyper critical though?

I agree with you on some points. The ponit about the colors of the flag is very true, I'll work around with that in the update. As for the lion, they use it for the national hockey and I wnated to create some kind of tie between the national teams. And I think that it is far enough away from the Netherland's lion for it to work. I appreciatethe input. Update should be up later tonight.

jNTsTyQ.png

Here is the update.

-New font for crest

-Whole new kits

-New away kit color

For the updated kit I just put in a new font:

Finlandd.gif

For the new home kit I was inspired by the US vertical striped kit. Basically a blue kit with white vertical stripes. As for the away I went in a completely different direction. I switched from a white kit to a gray kit. And the lion from the crest is used as like a watermark image over the whole kit. Below will be a close-up of what the lions look like.

Finland-2da.gif

Close-up of away kit:

Untitled-1.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

Firstly, that Home kit is crazy looking. I'm trying to figure out how I would like it in real life and I can't imagine what I would think. It isn't bad, just I guess the colors and White striping and White numbers is a lot to take in. I hope the Away kit was a typo of sorts....because I can't see anything on it or in the little sample you posted. It just looks Gray. And the same Gray I used as the background for that template, too. I don't know, I just hope it isn't my eyesight.

Archived