Maine NBDL Name Announced

hockeyzealot

Team%20Name.jpg

Looks like the colors will be red and green (which is consistent with earlier rumors). Can't say as I'm overly impressed. The name certainly isn't terrible, but its not nearly as classy as Beacons (IMHO).

Any logo concepts?

The name is D-League worthy though, just like the D-Fenders, SkyForce, and Mad Ants.

Oh, and there's a whole thread here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...=65270&st=0

But yes, I too would like to see concepts.

I still don't get why they can't be the "Portland" Red Claws...

They probably just don't want to confuse people (though now that I think about it, this being a D-League team, I don't think there's much reason to differentiate since the fan base is comparatively smaller and more locally-based). I know I immediately think of Oregon when I hear Portland, not Maine. Then again, it could just be an instance of wanting to expand the fanbase, given how sparsely populated the state is, by not specifically naming a location within the state.

As for concepts, I have some Maine Beacons logos I will bust out once the Red Claws logos are revealed. One of them was shown to the owner and the rest were going to be shown when they announced the name. I am working on Red Claws logos to show to him as we speak, so some of those might be shown in the future as well. I can't let them just rot on my hard drive can I?

7.jpg

I'll get you next time Gadget.

And I'd hope it is based off of a lobster. Honestly.

I was thinking more like this:

22.jpg

"You've finally met your match, Batman! Not surprising it's a woman!"

bYhYmxh.png

Archived