CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Just an FYI 5peat wasn't something someone came up with just for the ring.  It was the term used by the team, fans and local media to refer to the unprecedented (at the FCS level) potential 5 consecutive national titles.  Dopey or not if a person used that term in that region it was understood you were talking about the 5th title.  Personally I like the goofiness of the term.  Its has this "man this is bonkers that a team could win 5 titles in a row" sensibility.

Harmening I understand what you are saying and can see that point of view.  Just wanted to give some context. Trust me there are fans who feel that none of the rings should make reference to any of the other titles.

• Like 1

Here are my three championship rings:

The one in the center is the 2011 Big Sky Championship right (Montana State)

To the right is the 2012 Big Sky Championship ring (Montana State)

and on the left is the 2008 Mid Continental Football League, National Conference Championship ring (Louisville Bulls, a semi-pro football team)

1077109_10201697919038492_660371565_o.jpg

On April 29, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Championship Sports Rings said:

Here is what all of the Bama fans have been waiting for.  The new 2015 Championship Rings!!!

Alabama 2015 Natl Champs Rings.png

Awesome stuff, they designed some nice rings. It's nice that they incorporated the CFP trophy in their ring, I think they are the first to do so? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)  It'll be interesting to see if others follow suit over the coming years. 

One curiosity....in the center ring, what are the four ruby-colored football-shaped stones for?  Perhaps Saban's four National Titles?  Just guessing....what do you all think?  

Also, I counted 13 football shaped diamonds (including the one at the top of the trophy)....is that their number of National titles?  I know they have a lot, but don't know the exact number. 

As as for the design, I'm glad they did a football/rounded shape inside a standard rectangular ring. I am not a fan of the Ohio State Championship ring or Steelers or Ravens last Super Bowl rings. The rounded shape on the outside of the ring doesn't do it for me. I'm too traditional I guess. :) 

Anyways, I like the design because it incorporates some design elements/trends from recent championship rings, but this is their OWN unique design or at least their own interpretation of these designs. In other words, this ring has similarities to other recent rings, but isn't just a straight rip-off of an NFL ring or another schools ring (like Auburn mimicking the Patriots ring or Ohio State copying the Ravens, etc.).  Nothing wrong with copying the NFL, it's just that I'm praising Bama for doing their own thing. Original designs are hard to come by.  I predict we will soon see other people copying THIS Ring in years ahead. 

Cool stuff, thanks you guys for posting pics. When I logged in this morning I was hoping to see the Bama rings!  

Now, let's get some shots of the shanks as well as side by side comparisons with other rings for size perspective! It never ends for us ring junkies!  

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

The 4 ruby colored stones I would say are for the 4 Saban titles that he has won since 2009.  Around the outer edge is a total of 16 marque (football shaped stones) these would represent the 16 National Championships that the Crimson Tide have won.  Yes this is the first ring to add the College Playoff Championship Trophy on top of the ring.   Its nice that Bama went with the yellow colored ring once again.  The only other Jostens made Saban Bama National Champs ring the one from 2009 was also made in a yellow non gold material.  I know that those rings look horrible in regards to the color of the rings.  The Yellow Lustrium rings the players got that year looked bad like the ring was tarnishing and had spots in the platting.   They didnt look at all like a yellow gold ring as they usually do.  In other years that I have seen Jostens YLTM rings the quality of the plating has looked better.   Just hope that this years batch of rings hold up otherwise they should make them in the silver looking LTM Rings since 10K yellow gold is not an option.   Speaking of Yellow 10K or 14K gold I do hope that the new Denver Super Bowl ring which should be released in a few months will be Yellow gold not white gold.     

In regards to design the overall shape is nothing new that hasnt been done by Jostens.  I personally love the rings that go "across the finger" other words the rings that go left to right instead of the ones that go "along the finger" the ones that go up and down the finger. The reason nobody uses the across the finger style rings anymore is you can make a much larger ring that goes up and down than you can across the finger as you can only make a ring so wide before you cant close your hand. Short of making a double finger ring you prob wont see more super wide rings being made these days.   

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:35 PM, Championship Sports Rings said:

Here is what all of the Bama fans have been waiting for.  The new 2015 Championship Rings!!!

Alabama 2015 Natl Champs Rings.png

Now, is it an NCAA violation if players sell/auction these off for cash?

I'm sure they could get A TON for selling just one of them, especially considering Bama has such a massive following.

6uXNWAo.png

The players are not susposed to sell them till they graduate or have no more eligibility left.  But these kids are 18-22 year olds and have needs and I would guess a few of them do sell rings before they are susposed to.  They just have to be careful not to get caught doing it.  As we all know of the Georgia Ring scandal that first brought this problem to the attention of the public and the NCAA and it was the Ring scandal at Ohio State that pretty much brought the attention of kids selling rings to the rest of the country who dont follow the world of Championship Rings.  

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the first pic of the University of Houston 2015 Peach Bowl Ring that I've found. 

2015 UH Peach Bowl Ring.jpg

/edit: I have to say even though I am biased I really like this ring. Hopefully some high res photos that I can share will be posted soon. I'm curious to know what the shanks look like. 

It's not just pro and college sports going big, high school is also getting really big.  The Heat ring you see is an executive ring but it's still large and the high school ring is larger! :blink:

image.jpeg

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers