CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

The Patriots Showed a Sneak Peek video of their upcoming Super Bowl LI Rings:

As expected there will be a lot of bling found on the Patriots latest Super Bowl rings;  due to be awarded later this month. 

To catch a glimpse of the fifth Patriots Super Bowl ring all you have to do is look on the Patriots’ Twitter account or use the link to the video below.

Not only does the video offer Patriot fans and championship ring enthusiasts a sneak peek of their upcoming Super Bowl ring, it reveals how Jostens employees design and manufacture championship rings.  

I'm wondering if the Patriots have started a new trend with this championship ring video - sneak peaks before the actual championship rings are awarded.

Here's the link to see the video:  https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/872173115714949120

13 hours ago, Championship Sports Rings said:

New England 2016 SB Ring__Crop.jpg

I don't think it's a very good design. The vertical football layout taken from the 3rd ring has never been a favorite of mine. A horizontal football shape would have been both unique in the ring set, and may have avoided the appearance that 5 trophies had to be forced onto the ring face. 

I do like the inclusion of a blue stone in the background. Hopefully touches like this become more common again. Gives

depth to the ring. 

Best thing about the Patriots is how they keep the same designs through each ring. Every SB ring is the Patriot head over the team's total Lombardi trophies, rather than each design representing that particular team alone. Not big on the actual design of the ring, but love that its part of the same family style.

I like the ring a lot, but I hate the team since I root for one of their division rivals.  Even though I root against them each and every Sunday, I admire their Super Bowl rings, they are so well designed and beautiful.

I'm interested in learning more about the design - 10K or 14K gold, and the weight of the ring and a side by side comparison to their last Super Bowl ring to see how much larger their latest ring is.  Camera angles can distort the true size differences as rings towards the background look smaller.  Hopefully we will uncover more details soon.

1 hour ago, sports-rings.com said:

I'm interested in learning more about the design - 10K or 14K gold, and the weight of the ring and a side by side comparison to their last Super Bowl ring to see how much larger their latest ring is.  Camera angles can distort the true size differences as rings towards the background look smaller.  Hopefully we will uncover more details soon.

Page providing some details abouth the new ring:

http://www.patriots.com/news/2017/06/09/patriots-presented-super-bowl-li-championship-rings-jostens

"Crafted in 10-karat white gold, the ring has a carat weight of 5.1 and features a stone count of more than 280 diamonds, including five marquise-cut diamonds representing the franchise's five Vince Lombardi trophies."

The auction of Dr. J's awards, rings, etc. did in fact take place; however, I am fairly certain whoever won the most special items - his rings for instance - gave them back to Doc. 

Positive this is the case. 

That said, something about the ring in the commercial did not look authentic. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is your first look at the new 2017 North Carolina National Championship Ring.  It was made by Jostens.  Traditionally the ring account for the Tar Heels basketball team has been with Herff Jones as i knew the HJ Ring rep for the basketball team but when Head Coach Roy Williams got there they have used pretty much every major ring company to make their rings and National Championship Rings.  The 2005 National Champs ring was made by Balfour , the 2009 ring was made by HJ. 

North Carolina 2017 Natl Champs crop 2 YM.jpg

On 7/1/2017 at 2:33 AM, Championship Sports Rings said:

Here is your first look at the new 2017 North Carolina National Championship Ring.  It was made by Jostens.  Traditionally the ring account for the Tar Heels basketball team has been with Herff Jones as i knew the HJ Ring rep for the basketball team but when Head Coach Roy Williams got there they have used pretty much every major ring company to make their rings and National Championship Rings.  The 2005 National Champs ring was made by Balfour , the 2009 ring was made by HJ. 

North Carolina 2017 Natl Champs crop 2 YM.jpg

Can't stand UNC, but thats a great looking ring! Is it the team design or just the NCAA one?