1960 Houston Oilers AFL Championship

1961oilers.png

1961 Houston Oilers AFL Championship

1958colts.png

1958 Baltimore Colts NFL Championship

1952lions.png

1957lions.png

1952 & 1957 Detroit Lions NFL Championship

Maybe part of the reason the Lions haven't won a title in a half century is their God-awful design of championship rings when they do win something...

nav-logo.png

Jesus Christ, DP, do you own one of each, or what?

Nah. My collection consists of four: one of each of the Raiders rings, plus a 49'ers one from SB XXIII. There are some I'd like, but have thus far been unable to find in good enough condition to warrant the expense.

And here I had visions of you hanging outside the arenas and stadiums on ring presentation day, waiting for the lowest-paid guy on the team to exit, and you making one hell of a lowball offer.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Jesus Christ, DP, do you own one of each, or what?

Nah. My collection consists of four: one of each of the Raiders rings, plus a 49'ers one from SB XXIII. There are some I'd like, but have thus far been unable to find in good enough condition to warrant the expense.

And here I had visions of you hanging outside the arenas and stadiums on ring presentation day, waiting for the lowest-paid guy on the team to exit, and you making one hell of a lowball offer.

Nah, actually you wait until they've been retired a few years and come to the realization that their $60K sales job isn't going to make much of a dent on their two million house mortgage...

nav-logo.png

Mac, if you don't mind me asking, how much did the rings run you?

-Dan

Well, they varied. The 49ers ring was the most costly at $18K... The Raiders rings were each in the $10-15K range. Those prices have held pretty firm except for the newer championship rings, which have far more precious stones and have considerably more gold.

nav-logo.png