CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Mac, if you don't mind me asking, how much did the rings run you?

-Dan

Well, they varied. The 49ers ring was the most costly at $18K... The Raiders rings were each in the $10-15K range. Those prices have held pretty firm except for the newer championship rings, which have far more precious stones and have considerably more gold.

Cripes!!!

Wanna pay my student loan? :D

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Tampa Bay Rays 2008 American League Championship Ring

The top of the 14k gold ring features the Rays primary logo set against a diamond background. Atop the raised outline of a baseball infield is ?Rays? in blue letters with a specialty cut yellow diamond in an 18k gold starburst inlay. The oval section panel contains 48 diamonds of various sizes.

On one side of the ring in raised polished letters are the words ?AL East Champs,? and just below it is the American League logo with a wraparound banner containing the words ?1st Pennant.? The recipient?s name, the ?TB? logo and the Rays 2008 regular season record ?97-65? are embedded on the other side of the ring.

6a00d83451b05569e201157.jpg

6a00d83451b05569e201156.jpg

6a00d83451b05569e201157.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Top of the Rays ring is beautiful. The sides, not so much.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't understand having rings unless it's for the champion. Maybe that's just me.

Well for the Rays example they are champions of their league. Hence they earn a ring. Same thing goes with NFL as well. Now I'm wondering does the NBA or NHL have rings for the conference champs that don't win the title?

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

I don't understand having rings unless it's for the champion. Maybe that's just me.

Well for the Rays example they are champions of their league. Hence they earn a ring. Same thing goes with NFL as well. Now I'm wondering does the NBA or NHL have rings for the conference champs that don't win the title?

I don't think so, but that really is the same thing as NFC/AFC. Heck, NL/AL is barely different from conferences in this day and age.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't think so, but that really is the same thing as NFC/AFC. Heck, NL/AL is barely different from conferences in this day and age.

PS: I cannot recall what the Twins 1991 ring looks like. Anyone have a photo/link? I cannot find it anywhere.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this on the news concerning championship rings. If you want to buy three of your own then this will be the story of you. Former NMSU Aggie and Chicago Bull, Randy Brown is selling his three championship rings to help out with his bankruptcy.

Story

http://www.wbbm780.com/Bankrupt-ex-Bull-se...p-rings/4294700

Auction

http://www.westauction.com/auction/index/id/207

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

Well I can see having the ring. But does any player wear them? Who wants to be reminded you almost won it all? I know that most players also receive a replica that they will wear if they feel so inclined. I think older players tend to wear them more. But I just cannot think a player would wear a league or conference championship ring.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke