CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

• 3 weeks later...

The Stars 1999 Stanley Cup Ring:

Dallas_Stars_99_Stanley_Cup_Ring.jpg

i just had to take this opportunity to brag :D

here's me wearing brett hull's 1999 stanley cup ring.

23528_405925293473_716803473_5030117_6443347_n.jpg

and here are some pics of me and brett together, as proof :P

watching the game.

me posing like a nerdy nerdy excited fan.

last season me and some friends won tickets to watch mike modano's final game with the dallas stars in a luxury box with brett hull. he wore the ring, i commented on it, and he insisted i try it on.

absolutely blew my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

The Stars 1999 Stanley Cup Ring:

Dallas_Stars_99_Stanley_Cup_Ring.jpg

i just had to take this opportunity to brag :D

here's me wearing brett hull's 1999 stanley cup ring.

23528_405925293473_716803473_5030117_6443347_n.jpg

and here are some pics of me and brett together, as proof :P

watching the game.

me posing like a nerdy nerdy excited fan.

last season me and some friends won tickets to watch mike modano's final game with the dallas stars in a luxury box with brett hull. he wore the ring, i commented on it, and he insisted i try it on.

absolutely blew my mind.

When I was 18 my dad and I bumped into Mike Keenan at the Hockey Hall of Fame. He was the same way with his 1994 Rangers ring. He was much nicer than expected.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Back in the 80's I was living in Toledo and working at a hotel not far from where the Mud Hens played. A scout from the Reds came in to our hotel and he was wearing his '75 and '76 World Series rings. I commented on them and he let me try on both of them. It was pretty cool to have a World Series ring on each hand for a minute or two. As a joke, I asked him what would happen if I ran out the door with his rings. He said "Nothing. I've got three more at home." He had coached with the 70's A's and scouted for the '83 Orioles. The guy had five World Series rings.

These are the two I got to wear.

1975_3.jpg1976.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

I always wanted to get my hands on a ring. I know most organisations like to give out rings to a bunch of staff but they will have an "A ring" a "B ring" etc.. I wonder if their is a clause where people cant sell their rings for an X period of time. In the 80's my mom worked at a hospital and one of the janitors worked a the 49ers practice facility as well and he showed up wit an "A ring" on one time.

As a joke, I asked him what would happen if I ran out the door with his rings. He said "Nothing. I've got three more at home." He had coached with the 70's A's and scouted for the '83 Orioles. The guy had five World Series rings.

I think at that point I'dve hauled ass. :D

I own four Super Bowl rings in total - all bought off of players or front office staff. They're cool, but wearing one in public is equivalent to having a spotlight on you, attracting attention you don't necessarily want.

nav-logo.png

As a joke, I asked him what would happen if I ran out the door with his rings. He said "Nothing. I've got three more at home." He had coached with the 70's A's and scouted for the '83 Orioles. The guy had five World Series rings.

I own four Super Bowl rings in total - all bought off of players or front office staff. They're cool, but wearing one in public is equivalent to having a spotlight on you, attracting attention you don't necessarily want.

I'd love to own some championship rings. Would be a great thing to collect if I had a lot more money. But I don't think I'd wear one I did not earn.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Pictures?

OnWis97 you don't need alot of money to collect championship rings. Up above on this page I have a picture of my 2006 Florida gators national championship ring. It was pricey but not over the top. I'm working on getting my hands on a packers 96 super bowl ring right now. All depends what ring you want and who owned it.

If it was a staff ring it won't cost nearly as much as a players ring. Even then if it was a player who rode the brench it will be cheaper. Infact I know someone who's got a Miami Heat ring for sale and it's less than 10K

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

I'd love to own some championship rings. Would be a great thing to collect if I had a lot more money. But I don't think I'd wear one I did not earn.

I did when I was single, had the kind of physique that allowed me to pass for a football player, and wanted to pick up women. I never lied about how I got the ring, but women drunk off their ass rarely ask. :D

Nowadays, they're locked away. I may sell them someday, as like most material possessions they mean far less to me now than they did when I got them.

nav-logo.png

• 4 months later...