CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Not only that but look at the Date of the invoice for Lew Anderson's ring.. It's dated 1964... why two years later?

I did notice the date being January 1964 and thought that was an error, based on the other document showing a letter from Lew dated from January 1963, written after he received the ring. That document as I said before is at net54baseball.com

Just thinking of the 4 teams still standing for a super bowl ring, if they would to pick the same ring supplier as their last ring that's 3 different companies so possibly some interesting new designs.

Packers and Patriots-Jostens

Seahawks-Tiffanys

Colts-Herff-Jones

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Just thinking of the 4 teams still standing for a super bowl ring, if they would to pick the same ring supplier as their last ring that's 3 different companies so possibly some interesting new designs.

Packers and Patriots-Jostens

Seahawks-Tiffanys

Colts-Herff-Jones

Here's the last four winning rings from the Teams still standing...

(Click on the picture for a larger view)

cs921b.jpg

I wrote a blog about the rings and the games, you know where to visit if you want to read it.

After watching both the NFC and AFC Championship Games today I am reminded every year "Why did the NFL change the Conference Trophies??" I believe about 3 or 4 years ago they updated the design of the AFC and NFC trophies and they are a freaking JOKE!!! What are they going to do next change the Lombardi trophy too?? In regards to Championship rings every year the winning team gets to choose the deign of the Ring but in cases of the NFL Hall of Fame ring the ring has changed designs about 4 times over the years. I can kind of understand them updating those but why for the Conference trophies?? Even some of the bowl games have changed the design of the trophy too. The old Rose Bowl trophy was real nice. Hate the new one. Speaking of the new trophies of course you cant use the old crystal ball and the BCS trophy anymore as it was a very nice and big trophy but the new College Football Playoff you have to make a new trophy I just dont like the design. If you want a good laugh take a look at what the WNBA gives out to the winners of the WNBA Championship. The World Series Trophy was even updated by TIffany and Company but i still like the old one that Balfour made for years. It was bigger and heavier and a lot nicer.

Even the MTV VMA award trophy got an update a few years ago. I think they might had done it for one year and went back with the old style after the one year where they had a designer redo it to give it a new hip look. I say if it aint broke dont fix it!!!

Here is a link that shows the old and new trophies and NO ONE likes the new ones so I am not the only one who hates them.

http://justson.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-afc-and-nfc-championship-trophies.html

Super Bowl XLIX Opponents Are Set

Now that we know who's playing in the big game, we can speculate on the designs and details of the 2014 Championship rings. Here are the last winning Super Bowl rings from each team:

sb49de.jpg

Here's my educated guesses below, please tell me yours!

It's a safe bet that if the Patriots win, their Super Bowl ring will be the largest Super Bowl ring ever.

If the Patriots win, look for Jostens to make the massive winning Super Bowl ring, although owner Robert Kraft went with Masters of Design and their subsidiary Herf Jones, for their 2011 AFC Championship ring (they lost to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLVI).

If the Seahawks win, their ring will probably be made by Tiffany.

Perhaps the Seahawks, in similar fashion to the Broncos magnificent second Super Bowl ring, will try to replicate their logo twice on the top, but more probably, will choose to make the Super Bowl ring a little larger and place two football shape diamonds near their logo.

Should the Seahawks lose the game, look for a championship ring with much less bling than shown above, but probably still designed and manufactured by Tiffany.

Want to read more, you know where you can find the complete essay on this.

They changed the league championship trophies because the old ones were ugly. These aren't great, but they're better than the old.

There's no danger of the Lombardi Trophy being altered, since these new conference trophies are intended to reflect its iconic design.

I disagree.. the old trophies where way better than the new ones. The new ones are plain and boring and small. Watching the post game stuff yesterday the trophy tended get lost in the crowd because it was small.

While I understand they wanted to kind of reflect the Lombardi trophy with the new ones there's something to be said about keep the heritage of the game.

t.jpg

I love the old trophies and am thrilled to have won one a Giants NFC trophy at Lealands a few years ago.

The trophy was classic and elegant and paid homage to the roots of football.

The new trophies are modern art but lack any character. Should we take the Heisman trophy and make it much shinier and modernize that too? After all the trophy lacks a face mask.

Maybe tiffany can update it to look something like the AFC/NFC tropies. Would that be progress?

The Ryan Championship Ring Collection

Like father like sons, Buddy Ryan and his two sons, Rex and Rob, have won five Super Bowl rings as coaches, but none as an NFL head coach.

Here are pictures of the five rings: (Click on the picture for a larger view)

ryanf414.jpg

We can discuss the design of the rings and how they demonstrate since they are in chronological order, the on-going evolution and growth of Super Bowl rings.

Or we can discuss which ones are your favorite designs.

If you want the specs of each ring, you can link below and read the blog.

I love the old trophies and am thrilled to have won one a Giants NFC trophy at Lealands a few years ago.

The new trophies are modern art but lack any character. Should we take the Heisman trophy and make it much shinier and modernize that too? After all the trophy lacks a face mask.

Maybe tiffany can update it to look something like the AFC/NFC tropies. Would that be progress?

How many football fans could draw the old trophies from memory? Or even pick them out of a lineup? Your Heisman comparison falls flat right there. If the conference trophies were half as iconic (or as interesting) as the Heisman, they'd still be around.

I don't love the new ones, but they're certainly no worse than the previous ones, which were clunky and undistinguished.

I'm not usually accused of being overly modernist (or at all), but this was a good change in my eyes. I'd rather they were updated to a better design, but I'm not sad at all that they were updated.

How many football fans could draw the old trophies from memory? Or even pick them out of a lineup? Your Heisman comparison falls flat right there. If the conference trophies were half as iconic (or as interesting) as the Heisman, they'd still be around.

I don't love the new ones, but they're certainly no worse than the previous ones, which were clunky and undistinguished.

I'm not usually accused of being overly modernist (or at all), but this was a good change in my eyes. I'd rather they were updated to a better design, but I'm not sad at all that they were updated.

So we can agree to disagree. To me the Heisman is a great trophy, but so were the NFC and AFC championship trophies. In my opinion they were instantly recognizable and they were interesting.

The New trophies are a football, and worse, have no character or pay homage to the great game of football.

I guess we just have different tastes.

Perhaps.

I'd be really interested in knowing how many NFL fans even realized the trophies had been changed, and could have remembered what the old ones looked like if they did. There may not be a single trophy downplayed quite so much as the conference champions.

Perhaps.

I'd be really interested in knowing how many NFL fans even realized the trophies had been changed, and could have remembered what the old ones looked like if they did. There may not be a single trophy downplayed quite so much as the conference champions.

I think your die hard fans notices the difference. I noticed it right away in 2010 when the packers won it.

t.jpg