CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

The original Halas/Hunt Trophies were contrived in the 80's, if I remember correctly a few years before the Rozelle (SB MVP) trophy was. The new designs blow, but the old ones weren't all that great, either. The originals were big and fairly bulky; the new ones meanwhile are too small. Tiffany should've went with something a little less abstract.

nav-logo.png

The Championship Rings From Super Bowl VII

Continuing my blog series on the design of the two championship rings issued from every single Super Bowl, here's a look at the two rings from Super Bowl VII:

sb72d.jpg

Again, my apologies that the photo contains my website address. If I didn't put this in the picture, other web sites would steal my pictures and worse, those ebay sellers who make cheap replicas that don't look anywhere near as realistic as the legitimate championship rings, will use the photos to claim the pictures are of their replica championship rings!

Upon researching the details for this blog series, I discovered that for the 2nd year in a row, the losing ring that was designed and produced was in fact larger than the winning ring.

In a tradition that continues to this day, the team that loses the Super Bowl is still recognized as a champion of their respective conference. The Washington Redskins ring from this game was made by Jostens in 14K yellow solid gold. The ring is slightly heavier than the Dolphins ring, weighing in at 47 grams (2 grams heavier than the Dolphins ring).

Any comments?

If you want to read additional details on this, you can always read my blog.

I finally know what the new AFC & NFC trophies remind me of...

28007179_NFC.jpg

Vaderrots.jpeg

That's very funny!

And I feel that there is irony in the fact that the Patriots last three AFC trophies (2014, 2011, 2007) will be of a football with no air inside the football!

Love both of these

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Are These Five New England Patriots Championship Rings Now Tarnished?

Pictured below are the five Championship rings Belichick and Brady have been awarded. Suddenly, the next championship ring that will be awarded to the Patriots after Super Bowl XLIX, and the rings shown below don’t seem so special.

Do you fellow ring enthusiasts fell the latest cheating scandal will affect the size and design of the Patriots Super Bowl 49 or AFC championship ring?

(Click picture below for a larger picture)

patssb1.jpg

New edition to my collection. Didn't even know this ring existed until it was offered to me. 2002 Wisconsin basketball big ten champions

Not to pick on you but rather to help: it's "addition," not "edition."

Maybe it's the new edition that is his new addition. :)

On 1/24/2015 at 0:23 PM, ridenlow71 said:

New edition to my collection. Didn't even know this ring existed until it was offered to me. 2002 Wisconsin basketball big ten champions

I see it says "Ryan" on the left side...I assume this is some sort of replica?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Will The Design of the Patriots Next Championship Ring Be Affected By Deflate-Gate?

What do you ring people think?

Many fans and Championship ring-enthusiasts feel it would be egregious for the NFL to allow (or look the other way) and have the Pats make a huge gorgeous championship ring celebrating this season’s accomplishments, after the team has once again tarnished themselves and the NFL.

Perhaps someday soon we will actually will see this Super Bowl ring made – The cheap replica ring makers in China could easily reproduce this championship ring and sell it on eBay for under $100.00. Who knows, perhaps one day it could be a collectors item!

patsdg4.jpg

E5DF4BA8-7A26-4C22-966C-0676AF125F1D_zps

I see it says "Ryan" on the left side...I assume this is some sort of replica?

No real deal just not Bo Ryan's was a staff person.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

The Championship Rings From Super Bowl VIII

Continuing my blog series on the design of the two championship rings awarded from every single Super Bowl, here's the next installment.

(Click picture below for a larger picture)

sb8pd.jpg

The ring on the left is the Miami Dolphins second winning Super Bowl Ring from their 1973 season. Notice the championship ring also pays tribute to the 1972 undefeated season (17-0 when you count their playoff wins), with a second diamond and the "72" on the top left of the ring.

Designed and manufactured by Jostens in 10K solid yellow gold, it contained two large diamonds and weighted in at 40 grams. One of the coolest things about the Dolphin championship rings from the 1970s is that the player's signature facsimile can be found inside the ring.

In a tradition that continues to this day, the team that loses the Super Bowl is still recognized as a champion of their respective conference. The Minnesota Vikings championship ring from this game was made by Jostens in 10K yellow solid gold. The ring is also around 40 grams.

Please excuse the broken horn on my Vikings mascot. Surprisingly, this is a common problem with these rings as other Viking rings have suffered the same fate.

Designs of the Next Super Bowl ring - Diamond Cutters International is one of four companies bidding to create the next Super Bowl ring

Could one of these Championship Ring designs wind up being the next Super Bowl ring?

dci14p.jpg

Yes, one of these two Championship Ring designs shown above could be the next Super Bowl ring, if Houston based Diamond Cutters International wins the selection process.

Of all the championship rings I have ever seen, in my humble opinion (and many in the jewelry and championship ring market-place agree), the design and making of the shanks (the sides) of the last Diamond Cutters International Super Bowl ring was awful - The Broncos Super Bowl XXXII ring.

The Following year, after the Broncos repeated as World Champions, they awarded the Super Bowl ring contract to Jostens. Perhaps it's possible they were not thrilled with the quality of the ring sides. In my opinion, the ring sides were substantially improved when Jostens made the Super Bowl XXXIII ring for the Broncos.

Check out my blog if you would like additional details on this story.

Designs of the Next Super Bowl ring - Diamond Cutters International is one of four companies bidding to create the next Super Bowl ring

Could one of these Championship Ring designs wind up being the next Super Bowl ring?

dci14p.jpg

Yes, one of these two Championship Ring designs shown above could be the next Super Bowl ring, if Houston based Diamond Cutters International wins the selection process.

Of all the championship rings I have ever seen, in my humble opinion (and many in the jewelry and championship ring market-place agree), the design and making of the shanks (the sides) of the last Diamond Cutters International Super Bowl ring was awful - The Broncos Super Bowl XXXII ring.

Those designs are pretty awful, too. The double-Seahawks concept should never have gotten out of a brainstorming session. Not to mention using the old logo.