Twins announce new uniforms coming in 2010

FSUViking

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Breaking in the new Target Field with new duds.

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/christ...estions-please/

This could be great news if the Twins execute this properly. I like most of the suggestions listed in that blog entry. I suppose I will remain optimistic until given a reason to behave otherwise, so here's hoping that the Twins don't mess this up.

I am sure I will be in the minority, but I would like them to come up with a new "M" hat and used it full time. I would suggest either taking the 1960 Senators W hat and turning it upside and making it a M or use the old Mpls Millers M hat

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

I am interested in seeing what the team comes up with. I like the idea of coming up with something new with the opening of a new stadium. The Padres did it, the Marlins are gonna do it, so hopefully these turn out good.

I think the thread's headline is a bit misleading. From the link:

Either way, the team is currently considering changes for 2010. Doesn’t sound like they’re planning anything too radical, but the team has until May 31 to finalize its plans.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It's the same thing we've discussed before. There are possibilities, but there's certainly been no "announcement".

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Does anyone else have a sick feeling that this may end up as an epic fail?

That's always a possibility when we hear someone may change. But I doubt it can be "epic" because I just don't see the Twins making a huge change. They'll keep the basic colors, keep the TC and not have too many elements we have not already seen at some point.

I suppose there would be a slim chance they add black. But I doubt it. The blue is too dark.

Here the the likelyhoods:

1. Keep the primaries essentially the same. Maybe mess with the alts.

2. Change the road to dump the pinstripes.

3. Use the 1961-1986 script (or a variation thereof), changing the road to a more similar "Minnesota" script and removing the pinstripes.

4. Create a new wordmark and take the opportunity to mess with the roads (mainly by removing pinstripes)

5. Dump the "M" cap.

6. Remove last name from homes.

7. OH PLEASE OH PLEASE: Not use nameplates on any pinstriped jerseys.

I think it'll be most likely. #1, potentially #5 and #2.

#7 is wishful thinking. If they don't change much, they'll probably leave the nameplates.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I am interested in seeing what the team comes up with. I like the idea of coming up with something new with the opening of a new stadium. The Padres did it, the Marlins are gonna do it, so hopefully these turn out good.

The Brewers did it, the Reds did it, the Pirates did it...

The Brewers did it

Officially they didn't but the intention was there

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I am sure I will be in the minority, but I would like them to come up with a new "M" hat and used it full time. I would suggest either taking the 1960 Senators W hat and turning it upside and making it a M or use the old Mpls Millers M hat

why the hell would they borrow another team's old logo and flip it over when they could just create a completely new original logo?

anyway IMHO the "TC" logo is classic and needs to stay on all the hats (though I'd love to see a return to the white-paneled home hat). And while I like the home look, the roads could definitely use some tweakage.

why the hell would they borrow another team's old logo and flip it over when they could just create a completely new original logo?

anyway IMHO the "TC" logo is classic and needs to stay on all the hats (though I'd love to see a return to the white-paneled home hat). And while I like the home look, the roads could definitely use some tweakage.

I'd hate that. But a question. They had a white paneled helmet. But did they ever have such a hat? I don't think so, but it's before my time.

POTD (Shared)

The Brewers did it

Officially they didn't but the intention was there

Well, if the crane hadn't fallen and killed three workers, delaying the opening of the new stadium by a season, then they would have.

Well considering they were the Washington Senators in 1960, they would be "borrowing" their own logo. If you compare the 1960 Sens uniforms to 61 Twins they were pretty much the same look with of course a different name

Speaking of the red/white/blue helmet does it bug anyone else that the white T on the white panel is not visiable unless it a close up and it looks like is is only a "C" on the helmet.

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

Archived