ACC helmet series

OrangeBalloonCoast

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you aware that you posted two topics on this?

Anyway, these are very pixelated and sloppy. Get rid of the white pixels around the logos and around the facemask. Also, you didn't fill in the area of the helmet inside the facemask. Some of the logos are rather large and it looks to me like you just slapped them on (hence, the pixels). If you would just take your time on these, then they could be very good.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Are you aware that you posted two topics on this?

Anyway, these are very pixelated and sloppy. Get rid of the white pixels around the logos and around the facemask. Also, you didn't fill in the area of the helmet inside the facemask. Some of the logos are rather large and it looks to me like you just slapped them on (hence, the pixels). If you would just take your time on these, then they could be very good.

Yeah, I accidently posted twice, and I couldn't figure out how to delete the first one. Help?

I'm new to this whole creating a concept thing, I'm just starting to figure out how to use Paintbrush & Preview, so even though I spent a whole afternoon on these, I'm afraid they'll end up being "pixelated and sloppy" rather than professional looking.

6 concepts in 1 afternoon = sloppy and rushed work. Nothing ground breaking here. A neat clean concept even if it is crap will get more respect on here that a cut, paste and fill craptacular that was posted. I am not being harsh but many people spend many evenings if not weeks on concepts. And just tossing crap up and saying "Hey I spent all afternoon on all these, what do you think?". Well I just told ya! Craptacular!

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

6 concepts in 1 afternoon = sloppy and rushed work. Nothing ground breaking here. A neat clean concept even if it is crap will get more respect on here that a cut, paste and fill craptacular that was posted. I am not being harsh but many people spend many evenings if not weeks on concepts. And just tossing crap up and saying "Hey I spent all afternoon on all these, what do you think?". Well I just told ya! Craptacular!

I know that what I posted is "crap" compared to others... I was just trying to put my work into context when I said I was a beginner that took awhile to do these concepts. I wasn't trying to make excuses, I was only stating facts. Obviously I want to eventually do work that is neat and clean, and hopefully one day I'll be as skilled as others.

here's an edit to my Maryland concept:

3455832511_8c32bd5d25_o.png

it's looks better, but I don't think I have the talent or skill yet to improve the red, yellow and white stripes

Your Maryland one looks way better than the first. I know you are anxious to get your work out there, but take your time and you will get positive feedback and at least people will be willing to help you improve.

Florida State edit:

3460928358_ebf56ba149_o.png

Why the box? If the edges are fuzzy that leaves no excuse to just put a box around it. Try using a black helmet, considering FSU now has black jerseys that could go along with it.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Florida State edit:

3460928358_ebf56ba149_o.png

Why the box? If the edges are fuzzy that leaves no excuse to just put a box around it. Try using a black helmet, considering FSU now has black jerseys that could go along with it.

Yeah, I tried to just outline the FSU in white but it just made it worse because the letters were all misshapen... No black for Fla. St. though, because that's just not one of their colors as far as I'm concerned.

I tried to outline the FSU in various ways, do any of these work?

3463002700_1c6cc0ae67_o.png

3463002758_5873b83b47_o.png

3463002824_ae7de3a29b_o.png

None of these FSU helmets are working. Have you ever seen a team between College, NFL, Arena, and other failed outdoor leagues, use something similar to those boxes? I am not trying to be mean about it, but just because you can't get it to outline correctly in your art program, doesn't mean to throw a obviously forced box around it.

In an attempt to be more positive, bring back the gold shell and make the interlocking FSU a bit bigger and see how that works. Leave the gaps in the letters gold. Also, I agree that the helmet shouldn't be black.

I haven't had much time to work on any of these lately. I'm basically stuck on the Fla. St. helmet so I think I'll have to come back to it later... one of the reasons is probably that like Miami, I think that their helmet is just fine the way it is... having said that here is another helmet version:

3471320103_eb0f7f0f93_o.png

is the clemson pawprint supposed to look a little sloppy?

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

I haven't had much time to work on any of these lately. I'm basically stuck on the Fla. St. helmet so I think I'll have to come back to it later... one of the reasons is probably that like Miami, I think that their helmet is just fine the way it is... having said that here is another helmet version:

3471320103_eb0f7f0f93_o.png

This is probably the best. It reminds me a lot of Boston College, though.

glossysig5.png

Archived