New Texas drivers license

rainmaker17

For reference here is the old (current) one:

dlold.jpg

And the new one unveiled today:

dlnew.jpg

To the unfamiliar, the new one depicts the Austin skyline. No hodgepodge of other cities buildings. I've been reading the Dallas Morning News and Houston Chronicle forums and it's pretty funny how up in arms they are about the design. I mean I can see their point a little bit. If I was born and raised in say, San Antonio, I would certainly scratch my head over the fact my license depicts a city a hundred miles away I may or may not be familiar with. They should have stuck with the clip art crap they put on the license plates, you know oil derricks, armadillos, bluebonnets, cow skulls, etc...

newsig.jpg

new york license is pretty good. on the top it says new york state and under it it NYC all the way to the right, the sun rising over the horizon to the left of the skyline, the apllalachian mountains in the middle, and niagra falls all the way to the left. lisence plate is basically the same with nyc in one corner and niagra falls in the other corner. under all he info is the pictur that is on the state flag in blue and orange. and then theres hologram wave though it and inlayed cicles with stars over everything.

Old and New:

http://www.nysdmv.com/licdup/ldpSample.htm

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Southeastern PA drivers license:

organ_donor.jpg

Western PA drivers license:

redneckman_(328_x_208).jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow, Georgia's DL looks really plain compared to everywhere else.

Edited%20GA%20License.jpg

That license looks like it's from 30 years ago. I had no idea everyone's ID's weren't as technologically advanced as Massachusetts' to be honest with y'all.

Southeastern PA drivers license:

organ_donor.jpg

Western PA drivers license:

redneckman_(328_x_208).jpg

Harrisburg: the anchor of southeast Pennsylvania. Where everyone is an organ donor!

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

She's cute though, no?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On the whole Skyline issue. On the new alternate Michigan license plate, the top has the Detroit skyline. I haven't heard any complaints on that issue here.

I'm not a fan of using something specific to one city from the state, even if its the capital. Living in PA, I would hate to see a skyline from say Philly, Harrisburg, or GOD FORBID Pittsburgh...I'd be embarrassed to show my license anywhere. I'm embarrassed enough that our capital city is a dump like Harrisburg?!?! and I really don't think they have a skyline at all anyway...

Archived