Mets thinking change?

cmm

The Mets sent out a survey to some fans about their uniforms and about Citi Field. Some of the questions were pretty basic: What jersey is your favorite? Should the Mets wear pinstripes more? And my favorite question, should the Mets keep their black jerseys? (NO!!)

They also had some concepts they wanted feedback on. My friend got the survey and I didn't but here are some descriptions:

A white, sleeveless jersey (no pinstripes), blue NY logo outlined in orange on the left chest, an orange number (no outline) next to it on the right, blue sleeves underneath.

A blue, sleeveless jersey, white NY logo outlined in orange on the left chest, an orange number (no outline) next to it on the right, orange sleeves underneath.

The current black alternate jersey and a jersey similar to the black alternate but without the blue piping.

A blue jersey, with the Mets script and uni number in white, outlined in orange, black dropshadow, orange piping.

A blue jersey, no piping, Mets script in orange, black dropshadow, white uni number, outlined in orange, black dropshadow.

The current road gray jersey and a similar jersey without the blue piping.

The current pinstripes and a similar jersey but in a cream/beige color.

Jerseys similar to their snow-white home jerseys and gray road jerseys but without the piping and with a blue collar and blue sides. The blue sections are "outlined" with orange.

Their current snow white jerseys and a similar jersey without the piping.

Sorry for the lack of pics. But the big news of this survey, to me anyway, is that they are seriously considering getting rid of the black jerseys.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say if the Mets make a change, let it be the minimizing (or elimination) of black, go back to blue/orange, and make an orange alternate hat and possibly an orange alternate jersey--yes, I'm serious. Also make a blue alternate, along with the usual, non-pinstriped white homes, with sleeves. Greater detail to come.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

They really should only have the pinstriped home set and the road grays with blue caps only and no black dropshadowing on the script or names/numbers.

I gave them my $.02 as a ticket holder, they probably won't act on this though.

I did say if they want an alternate, PLEASE no vests and go with a blue one with orange piping, sort of like the Binghamton Mets wear, only not in navy of course.

I also wouldn't mind a "cream" tone to the pinstriped unis, which I made a "concept" of a couple years ago (aka just taking a section of an SF home uni and copying and pasting the color between pinstripes in MS paint).

And those side paneling concepts they made...WHAT!!>?!?!?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Coordinating with the order they're shown, I think they're look should be:

Home - 5B (if you wanna go pinstripes) or 7A (if you want piping to match road and alternate jerseys... maybe in the cream color)

Road - 4B (currently as is)

Alternate - 3A

I'd like to see the drop shadow... well, dropped, but this minimal black is a start.

And the blue cap (with orange 'NY') is the only cap needed.

Coordinating with the order they're shown, I think they're look should be:

Home - 5B (if you wanna go pinstripes) or 7A (if you want piping to match road and alternate jerseys... maybe in the cream color)

Road - 4B (currently as is)

Alternate - 3A

I'd like to see the drop shadow... well, dropped, but this minimal black is a start.

And the blue cap (with orange 'NY') is the only cap needed.

Seconded. Completely agree with all choices. Plus, the sleeveless jerseys are horrible.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Hmm, interesting. The funny thing is, I really like the black alts for some reason. I really like the set as it is.

Agreed. I know I'm in the minority but I like the blacks and don't think they should change anything. I also prefer the plain whites instead of the pinstripes.

The sleeveless aren't terrible design wise but they don't work for the Mets. All the Mets need to do, I think, is drop the black alts, keep the home and away, drop the black hats, and add a blue alt. Black is ok as a drop shadow ONLY!!

WTF is up with those blue side panels?

Hmm, interesting. The funny thing is, I really like the black alts for some reason. I really like the set as it is.

Agreed. I know I'm in the minority but I like the blacks and don't think they should change anything. I also prefer the plain whites instead of the pinstripes.

I like the pinstripes over the plain whites but it wouldn't matter to me, I just don't want to see the black go.

kylekorversig1if2.png

Some team, at some point in time, is going to adopt those side panels. It may not be next year or the year after that. But I bet you it's gonna happen.

Ugh.... the Nike-ization of Baseball - hope it doesn't happen (it already has spread like a virus in Japan)... NBA basketball at least has some sort of normalcy going, lack of excess trim is one of the strong points of today's NBA uniforms. Regarding the Mets survey... the cream home set displayed is paying homage to those flannel sets - in other words creating a fake flannel effect (only the Giants have full-time cream home uniforms). Bring back at least the Miracle Mets uniform set of 1969 (which was last worn in the mid 1990's) and have the blue tops without the trim as the alternates.

When it comes to the Mets the black has to go. The home should be the pinstripes and the road grey only needs to lose the black drop shadow. If they want an alternate it should be 3A minus any drop shadow. The only cap should be the blue one.

The black drop shadow clutters up the lettering and makes it more difficult to read. The black jerseys are just hideous and difficult to read both in person and on television. The Mets should do as the Texas Texas of Texas and the Royals did and get rid of the black.

I think the side panels might work quite well for the Mets, who after all are a team that seem to struggle for an identity. Something modern, yet distinctive would be a nice contrast to the pinstripes of the Yankees across town.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived