NFL D-League

rentz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are all looking really good. The Spartans logo is a beautiful and the unis are just as great. For the Pelicans, the logo looks pretty good, but it appears he is missing legs. Would they be visible while flying?

Heh heh... pee pee

Real mature. <_<

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Presenting...

pelicanlogo.png

The Palm Beach Pelicans.

This concept arose out of the fact that I really wanted to make a team based around Pelicans, which are some of my favorite animals. I cannot entirely take credit for the logo, as it is based on this picture: http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/speci...log/pelican.jpg.

My original plan was to use the colors of the Miami Dolphins, except lightened. So Aqua would be light teal, Coral (Orange) would become Amber and Navy would become Royal. However this ended miserably in failure. The three light colors caused it to be dangerous to epileptics, and when Aqua is lightened, it just looked like a sickish light green. I did like how the amber-ish color looked, and I wanted to try it on a sports team because I don't think anyone has used a similar color since the Buccaneers abandoned along with Bucco Bruce. I liked how a light blue contrasted with this color, and because the concept needed a darker trim color to counterbalance the two very light colors, I kept navy. The colors, therefore, are Azure, 'Creamsicle' and Navy.

I have always thought Pelicans had very interesting wings, as the feathers at the end almost resemble fingers, and I wanted to integrate this in to the concept. I managed to use it as an abstract striping pattern.

The pants stripes are wings.

Home:

pelicanshome2.png

Away:

pelicansaway2.png

Alternate:

pelicansalt2.png

All C+C welcome.

This is pretty good, I love that color scheme. The design on the shoulders is nice, but I'm not entirely sure about the wings on the side. It sorta looks like feathers are falling all over the place, not really like wings. Maybe if you made it all one continuing wing, that might work out. All in all, I really like where this series is going, I would love to see more.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Yeah... the side stripes did not really turn out as I had hoped. I changed them to a previous design that I think looks better. Thanks for the comment.

That design looks much better. One thing though, (and this may be just me) the helmet logo looks a tad too large, I think it could be sized down a little bit. Other than that, the update looks great.

These are all looking really good. The Spartans logo is a beautiful and the unis are just as great. For the Pelicans, the logo looks pretty good, but it appears he is missing legs. Would they be visible while flying?
Heh heh... pee pee

Real mature. <_<

Jeez CAB lighten up, you don't have to be serious all the time you know.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Presenting...

path3574.png

The Hartford Spartans.

They are the Jets' affiliate. I came very close to calling them the Titans, but I couldn't bring myself to do it because there is a big-league team with the same name. As a result there is no direct correlation between the Jets and the Spartans.

The Logo is the Titans logo from earlier, simplified to eliminate the superfluous details. The colors have also been changed from navy and mustard gold to the greatest color combination ever, Garnet and Gold.

I wanted to think outside the box for this concept. Typically I'm not a big fan of piping in jerseys, but for this design, I saw some functionality. While the shoulder striping/piping on these is a bit out there, it's actually supposed to be a representation of plated shoulder armor. For an example, look here: http://www.mbohbot.com/Legionnaire.jpg . Yes that is a Roman Legionnaire but you get the idea. I realize a piping design like this would never fly in the NFL, it is a D-League concept, so I thought because these teams have absolutely no history I could try out some crazy unique looks. I was looking for a number font that would be original and I think I found one; it is also used in the wordmark. I thought it was vaguely- ancient Greek looking.

Home:

spartansgarh.png

Away:

spartansgara.png

Now, onto my questions...

Should I keep the Titans colors?

Should I edit the logo, as it is on a Gold helmet and the Spartan helmet is gold? I was thinking that I could make the helmet white and the scarf/cape thing red, and then it would stand out.

What do you think of the side panel/ pant stripe? It started off as being a sword sheath and it sort of evolved into a modern striping design that connects to the shoulder piping.

All C+C appreciated.

wow that Spartans uniform design is kickass!!! exactly my style. I absolutely love the numerals

Thanks for the replies. I'll make some updates soon... is the consensus that I should change the Pelican on the helmet to the PBP logo?

I'm going to close out the AFC East with the Patriot's affiliate. I'm thinking that I'll put them in Providence... I don't have the slightest idea about Rhode Island culture and what not, so if someone would like to suggest a name they think would fit I'm entirely open to suggestions.

Here's another alternate in Navy... I also changed the helmet logo to the secondary, so you can get an idea of how it looks, and made the numbers darker on the away.

pnavypng.png

Let me know what you think of the changes.

i think pelican wings on the helmet, ALA the eagles, would look sweet.

I agree, but you've got to do it just right. I think you'd need something more detailed than the wings you're using on the jerseys, but I don't think the wings from the logo would quite work the way they look right now. If you tweaked the logo, adding some touches of highlights or shadows to show definition where the feathers are, you could greatly improve the logo and have a better starting point for doing a winged helmet, maybe the logo outlined in white on an orange helmet.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I don't have the slightest idea about Rhode Island culture and what not, so if someone would like to suggest a name they think would fit I'm entirely open to suggestions.

Two things stand out about RI. One, just about everyone has or presently smokes marijuana. Two, people around here seem attached to heavy industry (factory jobs are actually considered desirable).

cttdolphins2.png

Archived