NFL D-League

rentz

I think the Buffalo concept was interesting. The workmark was quite a stroke of genius. I do like the Spartans idea, especially the number font. Something about the PBP logo/workmark thingie is not connecting with me. Almost as if I can't see the "B" properly. Other than that, I think the jersies are well done, wings and all. Maybe only needs some small tweaks.

Color combos - A+

Fonts - A+

Logos - A-

Overall: A

Great job!

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments.

Here's an updated helmet, featuring the wing. I used two potential color schemes.

pelicanwinghelmets-2.png

It's an edited wing from the Pelican logo. I'm still working on it, but I think it looks pretty good.

Now, I'll let you guys decide what goes with the final set: The Pelican, the PBP logo, or the wings. I'll post the final sets of uniforms soon.

I absolutely love the winged helmet; you did a great job refining the wing. It's got just the right amount of detail. I'd definitely go with the orange winged helmet. It almost gives sort of a pelican-flying-at-sunset feel. I think it looks fantastic.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Here's (what I hope to be) the final Pelicans set.

pelx.png

I added the new helmet as well as TV numbers. I introduced creamsicle pants. I also added the PBP logo to the pants, because I felt it needed a place on the uniform.

All C+C welcome... I'm not sure if I will finish the AFC East affiliates or jump to another team, because I am having a striking lack of inspiration for the Patriots affiliate.

I like the update. The final product was worth waiting for. I thnk the mix of simplicity and innovativeness hits the mark. I'll give it an "A-". Keep up the good work.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

The helmet is a good idea, but now it looks like an affiliate of the Eagles. So it doesn't really work, IMO

I agree completely. IMO you should try the pelican head on the helmet, not the whole body. It would be simplier and you could see the detail from the field. I would love to see an orange alternate. Great job so far, keep up the awesome work.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Really like the Pelicans set; the orange pants are a nice touch. I have to disagree that having a wing of any kind makes them automatically look like an Eagles affiliate. If the wings looked more similar and were in color schemes that were even remotely close, I could see the problem. But I think they are different enough as it is.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

After much consideration, I have made the following change to the Pelicans...

A recent trend has been teams including different helmet options within their uniforms, allowing them to be variable as well as their jerseys, pants, socks, etc. Oregon is the best example. And while I'm not fond of most of Oregon's sets, their all-white look is very classy I think. While the no NFL team uses this, the Jaguars have shown that they are not afraid to be innovative with their helmets.

So when I switched to the orange helmet, I really liked how it went with the Azure uniforms. As one poster pointed out, it reminds him of a sunset, so this set will be their 'sun' set (it provides an incredible pun opportunity as well). The nickname works, because, like their affiliate the dolphins, they probably wouldn't wear the dark set unless it is a night game, due to the weather. So after sunset, they wear their 'sun' set. (Yes, incredibly funny, I know)

So, the white jerseys now feature a white helmet. Not only does this provide continuity with the Fish, who wear white-on-white-on-white, I like it better from a design standpoint as well. Typically, I don't like the monochrome white look, unless it is worn with a white helmet, in which case if it's done right the uniforms can look outstanding. That was an initial apprehension of the orange helmet: I didn't think it went as well with the whites. So the Pelicans have two helmets: Orange for their dark uniforms, and white for white uniforms.

nuwhites.png

And with that, I'd like to put the Pelicans concept to rest... don't expect anything new for about a week, as school is not allowing me to spend much time doing this.

... And I just realized how incredibly stupid it is that the Jersey number is 85 and the TV numbers are 23. Ignore that please!

All C+C is welcome.

I like the PBP logo on the helmet or maybe the Pelican Head. I like the navy set best, not the monochrome or the UCLA sets. And whichever logo doesn't go on the helmet can go on the pants. I like the tv numbers, color scheme, and love the wings and all on the unis. The helmet wings are very well done...but for a non Eagles affiliate I don't like them in this case, especially when you have other logos of this quality to use. Also, with the jersey wings it almost seems overkill, and loses some of the definition...because the team doesn't need to be all wing. I also think that the full body bird needs to be a little smaller, lighter, less detailed....something. Idk, it's just not quite working for me.

However, this is my favorite set. Don't get me wrong. You have it all here...just a few bolts need to be tightened.

The Bills' wordmarks are great, and the logo is improving. The Spartans are great, with the piping details, color scheme, etc. Logo needs to either shrink or lose the scarf tho, methinks.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Presenting...

path3574.png

The Hartford Spartans.

They are the Jets' affiliate. I came very close to calling them the Titans, but I couldn't bring myself to do it because there is a big-league team with the same name. As a result there is no direct correlation between the Jets and the Spartans.

The Logo is the Titans logo from earlier, simplified to eliminate the superfluous details. The colors have also been changed from navy and mustard gold to the greatest color combination ever, Garnet and Gold.

I wanted to think outside the box for this concept. Typically I'm not a big fan of piping in jerseys, but for this design, I saw some functionality. While the shoulder striping/piping on these is a bit out there, it's actually supposed to be a representation of plated shoulder armor. For an example, look here: http://www.mbohbot.com/Legionnaire.jpg . Yes that is a Roman Legionnaire but you get the idea. I realize a piping design like this would never fly in the NFL, it is a D-League concept, so I thought because these teams have absolutely no history I could try out some crazy unique looks. I was looking for a number font that would be original and I think I found one; it is also used in the wordmark. I thought it was vaguely- ancient Greek looking.

Home:

spartansgarh.png

Away:

spartansgara.png

Now, onto my questions...

Should I keep the Titans colors?

Should I edit the logo, as it is on a Gold helmet and the Spartan helmet is gold? I was thinking that I could make the helmet white and the scarf/cape thing red, and then it would stand out.

What do you think of the side panel/ pant stripe? It started off as being a sword sheath and it sort of evolved into a modern striping design that connects to the shoulder piping.

All C+C appreciated.

I know it'll be dumb, but any chance you can give them the Whalers' color scheme? It'd play better to the region.

Presenting...

narwhalslogos.png

The Providence Narwhals.

Now, I knew before this project started I wanted to make a Narwhals team. It is one of my favorite animals. I'm not entirely sure if I will keep them in Providence, because of the absolute lack of any sort of connection between Patriots and Narwhals, but I do intend on keeping this identity and using it somehow in this project. Colors are Indigo and Cerulean. I wanted this to be a pretty minimalistic identity, and I think the logo reflects that. It's lacking shading and details, but I like it for its simplicity. I think that (and I know we're talking an imaginary football league) it's a timeless logo and wouldn't really become dated. The wordmark I'm not as sure about... I'll see how you guys like it and decide if I should keep it.

narwhalsug.png

The uniforms... once again, striving for simplicity. I kept a "tusk" motif throughout, as that is the most identifiable feature of a narwhal. I gave them USC-esque stripes, with the exception that they start wider in the back and go to a point in the front. The same stripes are used for Helmet and Pants stripes. Oh, by the way, I discovered I have been using this template backwards, making my side-views face the opposite direction... when looking at the previous teams, the side views should be reversed.

Just for feedback, I figured I'd include this helmet design that I was using at first but decided wasn't working... It is an abstract one, sort of like the Vikings, Rams and Eagles, that features the tusk on the side.

althelmet.png

All C+C is welcome.

First off, I love the name Narwhals. That's my fantasy baseball team name.

The logo looks good, I just think it needs blue accents. The jerseys look good. The horn helmet doesn't work as well since the horn is on top of a narwhal's head. The other helmet is better.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Quick update... I noticed the thread is a bit cluttered at the moment, so I put up a directory of the concepts now that the AFC East Affiliates are completed. The other three have a few minor tweaks, and the Narwhals have the horn-helmet stripe many of you suggested... check it out at the original post. All C+C is welcome.

Archived