NFL D-League

rentz

i'm not really digging the Narwhals logo. it looks unfinished. first off, you got to have a mouth on it, even if it is just a small notch under the tusks. the dorsal fins could also be reduced in size.

while the Narwhal logo is really lacking in detail, I think that the Spartan logo is too detailed.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ColaCock, I definitely respect your advice, because your Honolulu Humpbacks concept showed me your mastery of making logos of aquatic mammals :P

So, in hindsight the original logo was exceedingly bland... my initial apprehension was I didn't want them to be similar to the Dolphins. I believe however I have made a fairly unique shading pattern. I still feel it needs work, specifically the eye as I wasn't sure how to render it so its just a circle right now.

narwhalslogos2.png

C+C as always.

The helmet is a good idea, but now it looks like an affiliate of the Eagles. So it doesn't really work, IMO

I agree completely. IMO you should try the pelican head on the helmet, not the whole body. It would be simplier and you could see the detail from the field. I would love to see an orange alternate. Great job so far, keep up the awesome work.

The pelican head on the helmet I think would be nice because it would make the wing features on the uniform less redundant, that way you have the pelican head and then the feather thing going instead of all feathers.

ColaCock, I definitely respect your advice, because your Honolulu Humpbacks concept showed me your mastery of making logos of aquatic mammals :P

So, in hindsight the original logo was exceedingly bland... my initial apprehension was I didn't want them to be similar to the Dolphins. I believe however I have made a fairly unique shading pattern. I still feel it needs work, specifically the eye as I wasn't sure how to render it so its just a circle right now.

narwhalslogos2.png

C+C as always.

Thanks for the kind words.

This is a great update, but you may have went a tad too far here. The mouth is a small but great addition, however I think the shading is probably overkill and should be toned down or possibly totally removed- unless you were looking for a way to introduce a 3rd color. If so, then I would just tone the shading down a good bit...you don't want to give off any details the animal may not have (like stripes for example here).

The eye, as you noted, could use some work but I think you need to figure out if this is going to appear playful or kind of serious/mean. Right now, it has more of a magical/playful look to it...with the circular eye and smile on the face. You could try using some cutaway marks around the eyes (little slash above and below for shape) and then turn the mouth into a downward frown or almost straight look.

Just a few suggestions, but I do like this update.

The Narwhals package looks GREAT with that logo update. Your work is getting better and better. I would definitely look at doing a single, back-to-front, tusk on the helmet. You could use either player numbers, or maybe a stylized "P", on either side so it isn't just negative space.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

the narwhale with nop shading whatsoever looks too plain and almost like clip art, i like it alot with the new blue shading though, but you should def put a logo on the helmet insted of blank or numbers, it looks alot better imo. Grear work though, i really like this series.

Archived