Untouchable logo - Chicago Blackhawks

undead

I do think the 'Hawks logo is untouchable, but this may be the best update I have seen before. Great job! I do enjoy the middle logo the most but I would like to see more yellow seems through the hair.

OH NO! I think I just found Johnny Damon on Halloween in an indian costume.

Your latest update is amazing. The whole thing is rendered so well. I can't even stand the old logo after seeing this concept. I love the "C" in the hair holding the feathers on. I wish the colors of the feathers were more true to the original. Maybe not exactly, but closer. Actually, probably just switch the two left-most feathers. Red and Green swap. I also wish the highlights in the hair were Red or Gold. The same goes for the "C" in the hair. Green should be present but I wouldn't emphasize it a lot. Excellent job on this.

Definitely well-done, but I started to realize one day, that this modern, thick-line, very aggressively stylized, Fraser Davidson-esque style that I used to love isn't all that timeless. It's going to eventually look dated, whereas, I think the current logo is one of the best there is as far as a logo that looked at home 30 years ago just as much as it does today and as much as it will 30 years from now.

That said, I still think you've got a great mark here. I'd be curious how you would approach making it as timeless as possible.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Definitely well-done, but I started to realize one day, that this modern, thick-line, very aggressively stylized, Fraser Davidson-esque style that I used to love isn't all that timeless. It's going to eventually look dated, whereas, I think the current logo is one of the best there is as far as a logo that looked at home 30 years ago just as much as it does today and as much as it will 30 years from now.

That said, I still think you've got a great mark here. I'd be curious how you would approach making it as timeless as possible.

I agree. Which is why I had such a hard time adopting it completely for my patriot logo (same profile angle) a while back. I kept getting suggestions to play with the line weight more, but I wanted it to retain a more classic feel without looking dated.

Archived