Sign in to follow this  
undead

Untouchable logo - Chicago Blackhawks

Hey guys. I was bored today and remembered this old concept. I just was going to clean it up and got carried away.

Blackhawkslogoprogression.png

I like the one in the middle.

The third one looks great. I'm not sure if they'd ever "modernize", but if they did that would look great. I'd like to see that on a jersey with a moderized version of the tomahawk logo.

I love the third one, like Hettinger said if they modernized this would be a great fit. It's a significant upgrade over your previous update as well, better designed, and his face is a lot more fierce, which in this case I think is a good thing. Really good job!

I do think the 'Hawks logo is untouchable, but this may be the best update I have seen before. Great job! I do enjoy the middle logo the most but I would like to see more yellow seems through the hair.

OH NO! I think I just found Johnny Damon on Halloween in an indian costume.

Your latest update is amazing. The whole thing is rendered so well. I can't even stand the old logo after seeing this concept. I love the "C" in the hair holding the feathers on. I wish the colors of the feathers were more true to the original. Maybe not exactly, but closer. Actually, probably just switch the two left-most feathers. Red and Green swap. I also wish the highlights in the hair were Red or Gold. The same goes for the "C" in the hair. Green should be present but I wouldn't emphasize it a lot. Excellent job on this.

Definitely well-done, but I started to realize one day, that this modern, thick-line, very aggressively stylized, Fraser Davidson-esque style that I used to love isn't all that timeless. It's going to eventually look dated, whereas, I think the current logo is one of the best there is as far as a logo that looked at home 30 years ago just as much as it does today and as much as it will 30 years from now.

That said, I still think you've got a great mark here. I'd be curious how you would approach making it as timeless as possible.

Yep. Thats the one. EXCELLENT work on the feathers and face. Great job.

Definitely well-done, but I started to realize one day, that this modern, thick-line, very aggressively stylized, Fraser Davidson-esque style that I used to love isn't all that timeless. It's going to eventually look dated, whereas, I think the current logo is one of the best there is as far as a logo that looked at home 30 years ago just as much as it does today and as much as it will 30 years from now.

That said, I still think you've got a great mark here. I'd be curious how you would approach making it as timeless as possible.

I agree. Which is why I had such a hard time adopting it completely for my patriot logo (same profile angle) a while back. I kept getting suggestions to play with the line weight more, but I wanted it to retain a more classic feel without looking dated.

This is a fantastic concept. I love the one in the middle, that's the best in my opinion.

Great looking change from front to back.

I'm definitely an advocate for the 'hawks keeping their logo as is. But if they were to update it, they should use your concept as a template. Nice work.