New Twins Wordmark

no97

This screen-cap from tonight's Twins broadcast shows the Twins word-mark being attached above the scoreboard at Target Field, being constructed in downtown Minneapolis, MN:

snc00013.jpg

As you can see, the "n" and "s" are clearly sharper and different than the existing Twins word-mark:

Twins.67160620.gif

There has been speculation that the Twins would change their uniforms/logo for the new ballpark. This would seem to confirm that.

Moose

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great eye on that, Moose. And if this means the end of nameplates over pinstripes for the Twins, and the death of that sleeveless number, I'll throw a parade.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That wordmark in the photo Moose posted looks eons better than the wordmark in the logo. This is really, really exciting to see. I can't wait to see how the new uniforms turn out if there are indeed new unis in the works.

Eh. Don't get me wrong, from the looks of it this may be a small upgrade.

But I feel like if they're gonna change, they should be more drastic with it. If they're sticking with the same basic look (which is fine), I don't know if it's worth it.

But I'm not gonna judge the whole thing from two letters either.

Well, so far it looks like it may be just a small updated tweak, which is fine by me.

Joe Christensen of the Star Tribune stated in an online chat a couple weeks ago the Twins are looking only to making a minor update, so this would seem to confirm that.

Still, bring back the red alternate! Besides, I am sure Target wouldn't mind seeing the Twins in red :)

At least it looks like they won't be doing anything totally crazy. I think the "s" is a bit of an improvement, so I'm content.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Great Catch, at first I just thought the "n" wasn't in it's final place, but then I compared the "s" and realize that there was a design modification.

Looks like the Twins took this in the right direction.

Speaking of how the wordmark is displayed at their stadium ... has anyone else ever noticed this:

twinsdomewordmark.jpg

The vertical lines on the Twins wordmark seem splayed in different directions, and it's especially noticeable between the "n" and the "s", almost as though they're arched. Bugs me to no end whenever I catch a game on TV.

looks like it could be a nice minor update. will look nice on the unis when they are sitting in the clubhouse during all those rain delays. no roof? how clueless...

If they were playing outdoors now it wouldn't be a problem. Kind of a drought goin on. Besides, how many rain delays do you expect? Doesn't seem to be a problem with the rest of the league overall.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived