New Twins Wordmark

no97

The Twins are still wearing their gray pinstripe pants for Spring Training. I guess they are just waiting for the regular season to break out the new road pants.

When they made the 1987 overhaul, I could not wait to see what they'd look like. With no internet I had not seen anything prior to the regular season. I could not wait to see spring training for the new uniforms. The only jersey they ever wore that spring (that I saw, anyway) was their 1986 batting practice. Don't know why. Maybe to keep 'em secret? That would not be the reason for the road pants now, though.

The Phillies did this in 1992. They played the whole pre season in maroon, and then on opening day, they wore their maroon BP uniforms during pre-game (though they were wearing bright red cleats) and there was a "parade" down broad street where the Phanatic had a big chest that contained the new uniforms. His car came on to the field, they opened the chest, and the players got their new unis.

That's awesome...so there WAS a precedent (sort of) to the jersey switch in D-2 afterall!

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely off topic (sorry) but I'm just unbelievably jazzed I got tickets to the first Friday Night game there today.

Expected temperature on April 16th at 7:10 in Minneapolis...i dunno, what...38 degrees?

Feel free to delete this and slap me across the face, Kevin.

The Twins are still wearing their gray pinstripe pants for Spring Training. I guess they are just waiting for the regular season to break out the new road pants.

When they made the 1987 overhaul, I could not wait to see what they'd look like. With no internet I had not seen anything prior to the regular season. I could not wait to see spring training for the new uniforms. The only jersey they ever wore that spring (that I saw, anyway) was their 1986 batting practice. Don't know why. Maybe to keep 'em secret? That would not be the reason for the road pants now, though.

The Phillies did this in 1992. They played the whole pre season in maroon, and then on opening day, they wore their maroon BP uniforms during pre-game (though they were wearing bright red cleats) and there was a "parade" down broad street where the Phanatic had a big chest that contained the new uniforms. His car came on to the field, they opened the chest, and the players got their new unis.

That's awesome...so there WAS a precedent (sort of) to the jersey switch in D-2 afterall!

I remember a few other teams have done this. Houston, San Diego, and Pittsburgh, off the top of my head, have used the previous year's style ahead of a style change.

And some teams are wearing last year's ThermaBase fleece tops instead of the new ones. Some teams like to leave the new stuff for when the games count.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

For some reason I find that spectacular, I would get so excited watching that first hand. I guess that's why I'm a member here..

For some reason I find that spectacular, I would get so excited watching that first hand. I guess that's why I'm a member here..

me too. that is really friggin' cool.

me too. that is really friggin' cool.

LOL!

Did they run to their parents' cars and change before going on the field like we did in Pee Wee football when the unfiorm truck dropped off the unis? :)

Archived