New Twins Wordmark

no97

I wonder how many people will notice a difference.

For a rough estimate, I'd say take the number of registered members here and add 57.

I don't know; I think that once fans see slightly tweaked versions of a jersey in use and on the backs of fellow fans at the ballgame, they realize something is new and start hankering for a t-shirt or a jersey that doesn't look like yesterday's model. They may not be able to pass an essay exam on the precise nature of the differences, but people do notice.

I see that the T and the S have been modified to match the serifs of the T in the TC logo. This is a terrific upgrade, and it says good things about the thinking going on here. But I still hope the Twins do something with the TC logo to improve its legibility on the cap. Outlines, or a single-color logo, or even a switch to some kind of red cap ... this will be a wasted opportunity of the poorly executed cap logo of 1961 is used without improvement.

20082614447.png

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they'll go with red caps / blue brims. I hope not. I hate red cap. Then they'll stick with blue on the road. The question is whether it will be the TC or the M.

I never noticed the lack of contrast issue with the current design until I read it here from BallWonk and now it drives me nuts. I agree that this would be an opportunity to fix it. Take notes from the Cardinals blue cap. A red T and C outlined in white.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The first thing I thought when seeing the mockup side-by-side was, "This is a wordmark tweak only this board will appreciate." Sure, others will notice, especially if uni changes come as well, but this is very minor. Also very good.

Thinking out loud: Is there any way the T in this "Twins" gets used in a new TC? I also have been convinced by BallWonk that a tweak could be a good thing.

Take notes from the Cardinals blue cap. A red T and C outlined in white.

Bingo. That right there is my ideal Twins cap. The M is actually my favorite Twins cap of all time, but I recognize that that train has left the station. So if it must be the TC, I'd like to see it solid red, outlined in white, with breaks where the letters cross like the Padres home SD logo on navy blue. My second choice would be solid white with a red outline, like the Nats road W (solely to differentiate it from the no-outline white logo of the Yankees).

My third choice would be a red cap with a solid blue TC outlined in white. The dark-logo-on-bright-cap thing is an underused style in baseball; the D-Backs have shown that it can work if done right.

20082614447.png

I am looking at Twins wordmarks more than ever thanks to this, and now that "s" in the current script stands out terribly to me. Also, as much as I loved the M cap back in the day, now the fact that it doesn't match the w (or vice versa) bothers me, too.

BallWonk, personally I like the idea of a solid white with a red outline on navy, but hopefully the red would be a little thicker so it shows up better than on the Nats. I like the effect the Minnesota script had on the now-discontinued navy road alt.

Take notes from the Cardinals blue cap. A red T and C outlined in white.

Bingo. That right there is my ideal Twins cap. The M is actually my favorite Twins cap of all time, but I recognize that that train has left the station. So if it must be the TC, I'd like to see it solid red, outlined in white, with breaks where the letters cross like the Padres home SD logo on navy blue. My second choice would be solid white with a red outline, like the Nats road W (solely to differentiate it from the no-outline white logo of the Yankees).

My third choice would be a red cap with a solid blue TC outlined in white. The dark-logo-on-bright-cap thing is an underused style in baseball; the D-Backs have shown that it can work if done right.

I've always wanted to see something like this, minus the brim of course.

twinscap.jpg

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I think I saw a fashion cap that had red on white and I thought it looked fantastic. That's how I'd like to see them go. They had the blue TC cap for 25 years at the beginning (only on the road for the last several). And now it's been back since about 1999 (on the batting practice and eventually to where it is now). In like 35 years of use of this, I wonder whether the team recognized the issue or received input about it. If so, you'd think it would have been addressed before bringing it back for the current set.

I have to admit that I did not notice that the "T" and "s" on the new wordmark were meant to share elements with the TC (until you all with the keen eyes for detail pointed it out). Now that I know that, it's crystal clear that the TC is staying and I would not be surprised if the M is out. My fairly extensive intake of anecdotal evidence tells me that the TC is much more popular among Twins fans.

What they've done to the wordmark was subtle but very significant to making their look appear more unified. It gives a ray of hope that they will address this TC issue. But if they don't do it now, it is a near certainty that they never will. New ballpark, "tweaked" look. Now's the time.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If the Twins only are doing minor tweaks, I guess that means I don't need to run out and replace all my jerseys!

I do plan on buying the 1961 throwback they will be wearing next year, but if the normal homes remain with pinstripes but with the slightly redone wordmark, to me that's not enough to justify plunking down $$ on a new authentic customized jersey.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the road jerseys.

If the Twins only are doing minor tweaks, I guess that means I don't need to run out and replace all my jerseys!

I do plan on buying the 1961 throwback they will be wearing next year, but if the normal homes remain with pinstripes but with the slightly redone wordmark, to me that's not enough to justify plunking down $$ on a new authentic customized jersey.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the road jerseys.

Oh how ironic this is gonna be. Not only will the Twins open a new stadium in 2010, but they will do it in their 50th season in Minnesota.

I've always dug the "TC". I know they've won championships with the "m" (or upside-down "w"), but I don't like it. the "m/w" has never looked right to me.

I have to agree grudingly. I'd prefer an M to be on the cap for Minnesota over the TC for Twin Cities. But the M cap just doesn't look as good to my eyes. I suppose if I could convince myself that the TC really stands for "Twins Club" I'd like it more.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I predictt they will wear the red hats w/ navy bill at home and the navy hats on the roadd. I like the red hat, just not when it's worn every single home game. As for the roads, I am very anxious to see what they come up with. What our your guys' thoughts on the pinstripes on the roads?

The Twins only wear the red hat on Saturday home games with the 1982 throwbacks. They did bring the red hats back a few years ago as an alt hat but this season is the most they've been worn.

I wouldn't mind seeing the pinstripes ditched-but I also don't want to replace a jersey.

I predictt they will wear the red hats w/ navy bill at home and the navy hats on the roadd. I like the red hat, just not when it's worn every single home game. As for the roads, I am very anxious to see what they come up with. What our your guys' thoughts on the pinstripes on the roads?

The Twins only wear the red hat on Saturday home games with the 1982 throwbacks. They did bring the red hats back a few years ago as an alt hat but this season is the most they've been worn.

I wouldn't mind seeing the pinstripes ditched-but I also don't want to replace a jersey.

I know what your saying about the red hat. Trust me, I know, I watch almost every game. What I meant was I don't want them to wear ed hats evry game next year when they switch.

Archived