Sign in to follow this  
MBurmy

Lake County Fielders

Here's the logo:

fielderslogo_full.gif

Release on www.lakecountybaseball.com

Personally, I think it's-meh. Also, I thought Comets had the most results in the poll EVERY time I checked?

Meh, just like Kevin Costner's acting.

Nowhere does this logo act wooden and slip in and out of midwestern accents.

That being said, again, meh. Nothing great, nothing bad.

You guys don't all still believe that "name the team" contests are real, do you?

Field of Dreams, yeah yeah yeah.

Obvious conflict 1: When the Fielders are at bat, their opponents are the fielders.

Obvious conflict 2: You've inadvertently named the team after a prominent player on the Cubs' rivals.

Field of Dreams, yeah yeah yeah.

Obvious conflict 1: When the Fielders are at bat, their opponents are the fielders.

Obvious conflict 2: You've inadvertently named the team after a prominent player on the Cubs' rivals.

And my home team, too! :D

Still, it they'd wanted to go that route, I'd've suggested naming them the "Braun". Brings a really strong connotation.

Of course:

1. Fielder might not be with my Brew Crew in 2010.

2. Works better than "Dyes," "Thomes," "Konerkos," "Pujols," or "Wainwrights".

I was really hoping for "Eagles" or "Demons" on this one. While being fairly traditional sounding names, either would refer to one of the long-standing roller coasters at Great America, which is also located in Lake County in Gurnee. It would have worked in a fashion quite similar to the Brooklyn Cyclones.

I left the other old coaster at Great America out of the mix because, well, "Lake County Whizzers" could present a few issues.

They purposely avoided an explicit reference to Gurnee. Of course, this is an implicit reference to Iowa, so who knows.

...[sNIP] You guys don't all still believe that "name the team" contests are real, do you? [\SNIP]

(Somewhat Off-Topic) Not this one.

I was really hoping for "Eagles" or "Demons" on this one. While being fairly traditional sounding names, either would refer to one of the long-standing roller coasters at Great America, which is also located in Lake County in Gurnee. It would have worked in a fashion quite similar to the Brooklyn Cyclones.

I left the other old coaster at Great America out of the mix because, well, "Lake County Whizzers" could present a few issues.

How about the Lake County Rolling Thunders?

Bah. No. Might as well call 'em the Lake County Splashwater Falls if you're gonna do that. I was also thinking something along the lines of "Border Bandits," but I think that's treading too close to ABA territory.

By the way, where's the eighth team going to be next season?

Bah. No. Might as well call 'em the Lake County Splashwater Falls if you're gonna do that. I was also thinking something along the lines of "Border Bandits," but I think that's treading too close to ABA territory.

By the way, where's the eighth team going to be next season?

Maybe Topeka......

So the suburban ballpark in the twin cities for the return of the Millers is dead? Thought so.

Here's the logo:

fielderslogo_full.gif

Release on www.lakecountybaseball.com

Personally, I think it's-meh. Also, I thought Comets had the most results in the poll EVERY time I checked?

I think it is beautiful! Great job! I am not sure what more you would want for a logo.

So the suburban ballpark in the twin cities for the return of the Millers is dead? Thought so.

They couldn't secure the land.

They couldn't secure the land.

I hear the Metrodome will be open next year B)

If they can't afford 20 acres in Burnsville, they can't afford the Humperdome.

Is the NL that bitter about the AA split?