Lake County Fielders

Burmy

Here's the logo:

fielderslogo_full.gif

Release on www.lakecountybaseball.com

Personally, I think it's-meh. Also, I thought Comets had the most results in the poll EVERY time I checked?

bYhYmxh.png

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meh, just like Kevin Costner's acting.

Nowhere does this logo act wooden and slip in and out of midwestern accents.

That being said, again, meh. Nothing great, nothing bad.

You guys don't all still believe that "name the team" contests are real, do you?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Field of Dreams, yeah yeah yeah.

Obvious conflict 1: When the Fielders are at bat, their opponents are the fielders.

Obvious conflict 2: You've inadvertently named the team after a prominent player on the Cubs' rivals.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Field of Dreams, yeah yeah yeah.

Obvious conflict 1: When the Fielders are at bat, their opponents are the fielders.

Obvious conflict 2: You've inadvertently named the team after a prominent player on the Cubs' rivals.

And my home team, too! :D

Still, it they'd wanted to go that route, I'd've suggested naming them the "Braun". Brings a really strong connotation.

Of course:

1. Fielder might not be with my Brew Crew in 2010.

2. Works better than "Dyes," "Thomes," "Konerkos," "Pujols," or "Wainwrights".

bYhYmxh.png

I was really hoping for "Eagles" or "Demons" on this one. While being fairly traditional sounding names, either would refer to one of the long-standing roller coasters at Great America, which is also located in Lake County in Gurnee. It would have worked in a fashion quite similar to the Brooklyn Cyclones.

I left the other old coaster at Great America out of the mix because, well, "Lake County Whizzers" could present a few issues.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I was really hoping for "Eagles" or "Demons" on this one. While being fairly traditional sounding names, either would refer to one of the long-standing roller coasters at Great America, which is also located in Lake County in Gurnee. It would have worked in a fashion quite similar to the Brooklyn Cyclones.

I left the other old coaster at Great America out of the mix because, well, "Lake County Whizzers" could present a few issues.

How about the Lake County Rolling Thunders?

2IA3b.png

Bah. No. Might as well call 'em the Lake County Splashwater Falls if you're gonna do that. I was also thinking something along the lines of "Border Bandits," but I think that's treading too close to ABA territory.

By the way, where's the eighth team going to be next season?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Bah. No. Might as well call 'em the Lake County Splashwater Falls if you're gonna do that. I was also thinking something along the lines of "Border Bandits," but I think that's treading too close to ABA territory.

By the way, where's the eighth team going to be next season?

Maybe Topeka......

Archived