Local Kids Shows Of The Past

NoHoJoe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh I recall Uncle Floyd too what was the name of his puppet?

I recall soem of the people he hjad on his show like Muggsy, who later had a good community access show called the 11th Hour, which was quite different to say the least.

He had some puppets. Oogie was has main sidekick, along with Bones Boy, Mr. Jones, and Mrs. Brillo Head, and let's not forget Mr. Tony!

His still does his show on some local cable channels in New Jersy, and he has a show that is running at a Holiday Inn in NJ- I forgot which one.

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Sesame Street

the Electric Company

Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood

Fred Kirby's Cartoon Roundup (local Charlotte,NC show with a Cowboy named Fred and his co-horts, played Little Rascals shorts and old Bugs Bunny/WB cartoons).

and those cheezy "Land of the Lost" shows (Seals and Croft?)

I'm glad somebody mentioned the Good Old Electric Company show. Morgan Freeman as Easy Reader and Melvin Mounds, Bill Cosby, Rita Moreno, Judy Grobart- now here's a person who is in the "Where are They Now" department"- and Tom Lerher (of "Poisoning Pidgoens In The Park" and "The Vatican Rag" fame)

singing "Silent E" and The L-Y song. And let's not forget the short circus with June Angela.

Anybody remeber and old late 1960's-early 1970's obscure show from Maryland Public Television called "Hodge Podge Lodge".

Lastly, WPIX had some local kids shows. Moday-Thursdays from 2-2:30 PM was "The Magic Garden" with Carol and Paula, and Fridays was "Fun with Joya".

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Ok guys...it's history time...

when I was a kid back in the 60's I watched Paul Shannon's Adventure Time on WTAE-TV out of Pittsburgh.

Over the years, Paul presented such classic TV fare as Koko the Clown cartoons, Dick Tracy cartoons, Space Angel cartoons (Not Space Ghost-Space Angel) Warner Brothers cartoons, old Three Stooges shorts and the then New Three Stooges cartoons.

The Stooges had just made a big comeback at the time (remember, this was the 60's) and were making movies (such classics as the the Three Stooges in Orbit, the Three Stooges meet Hercules, etc.)

I watch some of this stuff now and now I know why I eneded up like I am.... :wacko:

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

I remeber watching Captain Jack McCarthy and Office Joe Bolton- remember, this WAS the late !960's and Early 1970's- on WPIX Channel 11 in NYC. Captain Jack Had Popeye and Officer Joe had Dick Tracy.

I forgot to mention Gigglesnort Hotel.

Anybody Watch "The Big Comfy Couch"?

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

I've seen Sharon, Lois and Bram in concert. Not sure I should admit that.

For me I remember:

As noted, SLB

Bill Nye

TMNT(my personal favorite)

Nick Arcade

GUTS(then the infamous Global Guts) Who wouldn't want a piece of the agro-crag?

Where in the World is Carmen San Diego

Sesame Street

Mr. Rogers

Salute Your Shorts

Hey Dude!

Legends of the Hidden Temple

Pete and Pete(one of the all time greatest shows)

Who wouldn't want a piece of the agro-crag?

Wasn't it like the Crag, the Agro-Crag, and then the Super Agro Crag?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

old Three Stooges shorts and the then New Three Stooges cartoons.

The Stooges had just made a big comeback at the time (remember, this was the 60's) and were making movies (such classics as the the Three Stooges in Orbit, the Three Stooges meet Hercules, etc.)

I watch some of this stuff now and now I know why I eneded up like I am.... :wacko:

the Three Stooges rule!

I remember wondering how they got the rock to glow on the super agro crag lol

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Agreed! I also grew up with PBS shows like 3-2-1 contact, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiege and Square One Television. I really liked MATHNET.

Holy crap! I remember watching Square One and Carmen Sandiego when I was like...four. I was BIG into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I still eat my breakfast off my TMNT tray every morning, haha) and Power Rangers. Later on (which wasn't exactly that long ago...8 years ago?) I liked Doug, Salute Your Shorts, GUTS, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Pete & Pete, Boy Meets World, and all those other cool Nick shows.

But, the one show I would practically pay to put on TV again, and the day the DVD comes out, you bet I'm gonna have it...

The Wonder Years.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Man, does this bring back a lot of memories...It was safe to say that Square One was my favourite show. I could NOT miss it under any circumstances...every night at 6:30. Fred Penner, Under the Umbrella Tree, Sesame Street (both Canadian and US)...remember them all. And I was scared s**tless by the face at the end of the YCDOTV opening...

Some of the other ones I remember from the late 80s. When I was little I spent my afternoons parked in front of either ASN or Maine Public Television...

Size Small Island (remember the record with the spoons?)

Today's Special (set in a department store, that's all I remember)

Wonder Why (local science show)

Blue Rainbow (think it was local, all I remember is some woman playing her harp)

I also remember a show that aired on PBS right after the kids shows called "Learn To Read"...figured that since I was just learning to read, i might as well watch it, right? It never really dawned on me until later that it was geared towards illiterate adults...

JPK

Archived