Boise State unveiling new uniforms tomorrow

IWORSHIPBENDER

http://www.broncosports.com/ViewArticle.db...;db_oem_id=9900

NEW FOOTBALL UNIFORMS TO BE UNVEILED MONDAY MORNING

You?ll want to bookmark BroncoSports.com for next Monday morning, June 1 at 10:00 am, as the first photographs of the 2009 Boise State football home and away uniforms will be released.

Senior All-American candidate Kyle Wilson will be in full uniform for the photos, showing off the new look the Broncos will sporting when they take the field on September 3rd against the University of Oregon in the season opener.

The new uniforms were designed and manufactured by Nike. Replica jersey pre-orders will be available beginning Monday morning.

They only just changed their unis two years ago. I'd bet an orange alt is in the new package.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the same problem with Oregon State... don't combine the wordmark and mascot all on the helmet.

I wish Oregon State would use their new interlocking "OS" logo on their helmets. It's the same font as the numbers on their jerseys.

While I really hope they change their ridiculous helmet logo + wordmark combination, I really REALLY hope that they keep their road scheme of blue helmet, white jersey, orange pants. One of my favorite schemes in all of NCAA.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have the same problem with Oregon State... don't combine the wordmark and mascot all on the helmet.

I wish Oregon State would use their new interlocking "OS" logo on their helmets. It's the same font as the numbers on their jerseys.

Couldn't agree more. When they switched their uni's last year to a more classic look, the only thing missing was a simpler helmet. I love their orange/black combo. If they went to a black or even orange helmet with interlocking "OS" they would have one of the best looks in football.

if you got to the ncaa team builder site and chose.."use existing school" you can see boise's new look.. helmet stays the same and uni's get a miami/colorado look to them with the piping

These should last 13-14 games. They embody most everything that people on here hate, so they will be ripped soon enough. Piping, stripes that stop for no reason, monochromosity, and bib type wordmark holders on the back of ONE jersey.

#1: Since when does Boise State NOT wear all blue at home? Y'all are acting like this is something new. Seriously? If this gets ripped, I doubt it'll be because of the monochrome at home since they've almost always worn all-blue at home.

#2: Other than the bib on the back of the home and the BOISE STATE wordmark running down the leg piping...I actually dig these. Yeah, it's probably gonna get ripped by everybody, but it's a futuristic design that actually works. This is kinda what I envisioned football uniforms looking like in this day and age. :P

#1: Since when does Boise State NOT wear all blue at home? Y'all are acting like this is something new. Seriously? If this gets ripped, I doubt it'll be because of the monochrome at home since they've almost always worn all-blue at home.

I've never seen them play. The eye searing blue on the uni reminded me of the field. So, I put 2 and 2 together and got ow-my-eyes.

106912.jpg

What the hell's with all the gray? Numbers, butt wordmark, and facemask are gray. Now, I actually like gray facemasks for certain teams, but this is just going to look terrible, even with the unnecessary gray in the uniforms.

spacer.png

BAD idea.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" They pulled off the #2 Upset of the Decade in these unis, so that would be reason enough for me to keep them around for the forseeable future!

bYhYmxh.png

I've never seen them play. The eye searing blue on the uni reminded me of the field. So, I put 2 and 2 together and got ow-my-eyes.

106912.jpg

lol yeah. It sucks to watch it on tv, but they've been doing it forever. Or at least since they've been in 1-A.

While I really hope they change their ridiculous helmet logo + wordmark combination, I really REALLY hope that they keep their road scheme of blue helmet, white jersey, orange pants. One of my favorite schemes in all of NCAA.

Wow. Looks like I'm the big loser today.

Their helmet just screams "small time", even though they've developed into a big-time program. The blue-white-orange on the road was so distinct... so... theirs. Now they look like so many other teams.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow. Looks like I'm the big loser today.

Their helmet just screams "small time", even though they've developed into a big-time program. The blue-white-orange on the road was so distinct... so... theirs. Now they look like so many other teams.

I'll join you in the loser's circle. Why add a gray facemask (the old-school look) to a helmet that has a silly (new-school) logo/wordmark? I was really hoping they'd change their helmet logo. Adding a gray facemask to this helmet, a thought that never occurred to me, pulled of the amazing feat of downgrading already bad helmets.f

The rest of the uniform is a minor downgrade. Disappointing overall.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I realize their old set was a Denver Broncos knock-off, and that it's about all I've seen them in. I also realize that the colors and all seem for some reason to be a little sharper on the new look.

However, I think the entire package would look bad on a High School team. It might look okay in Arena, but only because Russel Athletic obliterated the last traces of good fashion in the AFL. MAJOR downgrade in my book.

And I think it's the numbers and the futuristic, "in motion" text and all, coupled with the colors....but this screams "knock-off inspired by Florida Gator basketball" to me. Horrid.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived