NBA 2009 playoff logo recolorization

Delux247

Ya know what? I really don't mind re-colorizations. I kinda like 'em. I understand why people wouldn't, and for those that don't like them, I don't understand why you would want to click the link to view them. IMO, re-colorizations can be quite fun. I remember ColorWerx(PANTONE back when he posted the topic) started a re-colorization thread and a lot of people seemed to enjoy it. Here it is, 18 pages long and a lot of members seemed to be having a blast with this. And a few members that have already posted in this thread did contribute to ColorWerx's in some way. I don't want to point fingers or try to pick a fight, but I don't understand why, if you hate re-colorizations so much, you would click on a re-colorization thread. Just thought I'd throw in my 2¢ on the aspects of re-colorization threads.

I like these a lot Delux, some look like they'd work nicely (the Magic in 76ers colors, the Nuggets in Lakers, and again the Magic in Lakers). One thing though, you're saving these in .jpg and when you maximize the window you see all of the pixelation in the logos. Save them in .png next time and they'll turn out a lot cleaner.

Ya know what? I really don't mind re-colorizations. I kinda like 'em. I understand why people wouldn't, and for those that don't like them, I don't understand why you would want to click the link to view them. IMO, re-colorizations can be quite fun. I remember ColorWerx(PANTONE back when he posted the topic) started a re-colorization thread and a lot of people seemed to enjoy it. Here it is, 18 pages long and a lot of members seemed to be having a blast with this. And a few members that have already posted in this thread did contribute to ColorWerx's in some way. I don't want to point fingers or try to pick a fight, but I don't understand why, if you hate re-colorizations so much, you would click on a re-colorization thread. Just thought I'd throw in my 2¢ on the aspects of re-colorization threads.

I like these a lot Delux, some look like they'd work nicely (the Magic in 76ers colors, the Nuggets in Lakers, and again the Magic in Lakers). One thing though, you're saving these in .jpg and when you maximize the window you see all of the pixelation in the logos. Save them in .png next time and they'll turn out a lot cleaner.

Well said. The title says this is a re-colorization thread. If you don't like those kind of threads, why are you looking at and commenting on them?

And just because someone hasn't mastered Illustrator doesn't mean that they can't add something creatively to this forum. We're all sports logo geeks after all, so it makes no sense to ridicule someone's work just for the sake of making yourself feel better.

The Mavericks in Nuggets colors is my favorite. I dont mind recoloring as long as there is creativity, which there is here, so i give the thumbs up

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Thank you so much. Finally, someone doesn't tear me to shreds because I don't put hours into my small posts. This is a hobby people, not a career for me. I don't have fancy software to toy around with. I simply do this FOR FUN.

By the way, I really like how Orlando in Philly's colors turned out.

ujsignature.png

No problem at all. I got ripped apart for doing some re-colorings myself. Which, actually took me some time; I would take each NFL team logo (I.E. Cardinals) and re-color it with every other teams color scheme. I started in order from city and got as far as Buffalo before I decided to quit because of all the criticism. Re-colorings can be fun, like MDC said, as long as their creative, unlike those who post questions like "What would the ball-in-glove logo would look like in current Brewers colors?" or junk like that. But as long as they're complete and it's evident that there's thought into the overall project, then I think they're alright.

Archived