Missouri Mavericks

_RH_

g1a919024a55dec5b1582909d172fe4b8e4882f79869378.jpg

I'm disappointed. I hate animals dressed up in hockey gear and people in KC don't want a Denver Broncos-like logo.

I agree RH, they aren't going to sell many orange and blue horse-head jerseys in KC. How did someone think this was a good idea?

g1a919024a55dec5b1582909d172fe4b8e4882f79869378.jpg

I'm disappointed. I hate animals dressed up in hockey gear and people in KC don't want a Denver Broncos-like logo.

I agree RH, they aren't going to sell many orange and blue horse-head jerseys in KC. How did someone think this was a good idea?

Well considering one of the top 10 finalists they selected for names was Kansas City Outlaws, you shouldn't be surprised. For those that don't know, the Kansas City Outlaws is a defunct minor league team that only lasted in KC for one year....and that was only 4 years ago.

people in KC don't want a Denver Broncos-like logo

That is so true - great name, I like the idea of the Maverick/Horse being the mascot,

however, they missed a great opportunity to have a great logo. Terrible logo - however,

I will be attending some games this year. The arena is 20 minutes from my house.

Yeah Mascot - Boo, logo (it blows) :Oo:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I live in Liberty KCScout76 and I'm sure I'll be attending games over breaks from college. I went to school in Santa Fe for 3 years (until it went bankrupt) and saw a couple New Mexico Scorpions games. I can't wait to see them play in Independence of all places.

About the colors - the carolina blue - should be darker. The water of the Missouri River is dark and I was recently at LaBenite River Park today and saw the huge purplish-gray storm clouds hovering above the water and the whitish-yellow lightning looked so cool next to the purple-gray clouds. When I think of Carolina Blue, I think of Nags Head, North Carolina and bright blue skies. I hope the blue is dark on the jerseys and the gold in the horse's mane, gloves, stick, jersey, and pants is lightened dramatically.

The arena has just been built and the league they've chosen to house the team has been around for a long time. I don't see the team leaving Independence for a long time. I'm just glad REAL hockey is back in Kansas City.

*"Maverick" was the last name of a long-forgotten farmer who did not brand his cattle and let them roam free. Suitable, considering Missouri went to McCain in the last election, too.

and i keep hearing rumors of the midmo mavs returning if they ever get a new park built in columbia, but that may never happen

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

and i keep hearing rumors of the midmo mavs returning if they ever get a new park built in columbia, but that may never happen

Funny you should bring that up...

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2009/j...s-pitch/?sports

Hopefully they can get all their legal issues straight so the Mid-Mo Mavs can come back...(the RC Rascals and Gateway Grizzlies could use a third rival again)

bYhYmxh.png

Kentucky_thoroughblades.pngBarrieColts.PNG

Influence, maybe. But I don't think it's close enough to those to be objectionable.

Once you've decided that you're going to use a horse for a minor league hockey team named "mavericks", then I think it's pretty likely you're going to come up with something similar.

At least they avoided the horseshoe tattoo/patch.

• 3 months later...

Blue jerseys can be seen here: http://www.missourimavericks.com/

White jerseys can be seen here: g1a91907733ce58cdd308992333f3d17811375a0bfb4804.jpg

Couple thoughts:

1. Incomplete sock striping, hopefully those are just preseason socks?

2. Of course the striping isn't consistent between the shoulder white areas and side panels.

3. Using same (old) colors and name and number font as the Denver Broncos. (Remember there will be many Chiefs fans supporting this team)

Blue jerseys can be seen here: http://www.missourimavericks.com/

White jerseys can be seen here: g1a91907733ce58cdd308992333f3d17811375a0bfb4804.jpg

Couple thoughts:

1. Incomplete sock striping, hopefully those are just preseason socks?

2. Of course the striping isn't consistent between the shoulder white areas and side panels.

3. Using same (old) colors and name and number font as the Denver Broncos. (Remember there will be many Chiefs fans supporting this team)

actually it appears they are trying to mimic the jersey striping with the socks... which is white down the sleves then the "half" stripes on blue underneath the arms... and the socks are "half" stripes on blue with white up the back... first and hopefully last i see that... i really hate the "half" stripes on the oilers

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

• 5 weeks later...

111409trumanjerseys.jpg

"The Mavericks and the Truman Library are proud to present Truman Specialty Jersey night on November 27 when the Mavs take on the Tulsa Oilers. The Mavericks players will wear special jerseys that will be auctioned off directly following the game and all proceeds will benefit Truman Heritage Library."

YIKES!

Archived