Buffalo Bills *Final Update*

rentz

bbi-1.png

I think that the general consensus is that the Buffalo Bills sport the worst uniforms of the NFL, between the inconsistency, piping, monochromatic-ness, outlandish amount of colors and shoulder yokes. I really, really dislike their uniforms. However, I like their logo quite a bit. I think it looks great on the helmet and hasn't become outdated even though it's over 30 years old. So, I decided to update their uniforms a bit. I brought back scarlet and royal which I'm sure most will agree is better than red/royal/navy/nickel. I emphasized the stripe a bit, as a theme of the uniforms, as it could help their brand recognition and I think it's interesting when applied correctly. The stripes up to the collar on the jerseys are supposed to be the horns of the buffalo, and the stripe then flows off of that around the shoulders. I kept the helmets basically Jim Kelly-era, as that is probably the most glorious period of their history. The pants- nothing too mind-blowing here, just the motion stripe which I've seen in a lot of concepts but is still an obvious improvement, in my opinion. I also am using a wordmark I made for a different Bills concept (You can see it in my NFL D-League topic) that was recieved fairly well so I'm using it again here.

billsuniforms2.png

All comments are welcome.

Part One- Miami Dolphins

bbi-1.png

I think that the general consensus is that the Buffalo Bills sport the worst uniforms of the NFL, between the inconsistency, piping, monochromatic-ness, outlandish amount of colors and shoulder yokes. I really, really dislike their uniforms. However, I like their logo quite a bit. I think it looks great on the helmet and hasn't become outdated even though it's over 30 years old. So, I decided to update their uniforms a bit. I brought back scarlet and royal which I'm sure most will agree is better than red/royal/navy/nickel. I emphasized the stripe a bit, as a theme of the uniforms, as it could help their brand recognition and I think it's interesting when applied correctly. The stripes up to the collar on the jerseys are supposed to be the horns of the buffalo, and the stripe then flows off of that around the shoulders. I kept the helmets basically Jim Kelly-era, as that is probably the most glorious period of their history. The pants- nothing too mind-blowing here, just the motion stripe which I've seen in a lot of concepts but is still an obvious improvement, in my opinion. I also am using a wordmark I made for a different Bills concept (You can see it in my NFL D-League topic) that was recieved fairly well so I'm using it again here.

billsuniforms2.png

Part One- Miami Dolphins

Love Them.

but white helmet with this logo would be better

2ziy9ux.jpg

bbi-1.png

billsuniforms2.png

Part One- Miami Dolphins

Love Them.

but white helmet with this logo would be better

2ziy9ux.jpg

That logo is a bad recoloring of the North Dakota State Buffalo, though. If you're going to use that logo, I think the recoloring could have been done better.

Regarding the logo-- i wouldn't use that one, but I have considered making a new one. I may add it eventually.

(Also, to be honest guys, I've always thought quoting the above post is unnecessary)

Here is an update. While I was apprehensive of white helmets, with the Bills being some of the lone representatives of Red Helmets in an ever-increasing legion of white helmets, I think it looks pretty nice. I'll see what you guys think.

Also, I realized how much the helmet stripe clashed with the overall aesthetic of the rest of the uniforms, so I added a similar stripe to it. Red collars have been included as well

billsuniforms2.png

All C+C is welcome.

Thanks for the comment.

I've been working on a logo, to replace the current one. It basically carries all of the same design elements of the current one. Anyway, it's far from a finished product, I still am going to work on it a lot. Right now I fear it looks too much like a bull and not enough like a buffalo. I'm also considering making it in a jumping stance, more like the current one.

buffalo.png

Thanks for the comment.

I've been working on a logo, to replace the current one. It basically carries all of the same design elements of the current one. Anyway, it's far from a finished product, I still am going to work on it a lot. Right now I fear it looks too much like a bull and not enough like a buffalo. I'm also considering making it in a jumping stance, more like the current one.

buffalo.png

Great attempt at a new primary logo, but I personally think that would make a great alternate with a few tweaks!

Keep up the good work, and I love, love, love the pants striping using elements of their current logo! very niceeee!

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

An update of the logo... moving away from the original a bit.

For one, shading has been added. Right now I'm not too sure about it, and I have realized it is terribly inconsistent and there is no definite light source, so I will definitely revise that.

Red has become the primary color of the Buffalo, as a bit of an homage to the red buffalo of the throwbacks. Because of this the stripe is now blue... I hate to do that, because all the stripes on the uniforms are red, but such are the sacrifices one has to make in this rugged endeavor. I realize the eye looks awful, but I wasn't sure what to do... that will also be revised. I also meant to add a tail... but forgot. Perhaps next time.

Anyways, heres the update.

buffalo-2.png

All C+C is appreciated.

Quick update fixing some of the lighting problems...

buffalo-3.png

I'm a bit concerned the buffalo looks like he is a member of KISS, however :P

To Brave Bird: Probably because the Power Ribbon is AWESOME

I love it! I really do, but I think the buffalo is missing a tail!

I know that they don't have a tail on the current version as the ribbon kinda covers that, but I think for your logo a tail would make it look complete.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The buffalo finally has a tail!!!

buffalo-4.png

A tail has been added, along with other small updates to details/shading and whatnot...

Also included is a version without the stripe... I'm reluctant to lose it, for consistency's sake, but I like how it looks. I'll see what you guys think.

All C+C is appreciated.

The buffalo finally has a tail!!!

buffalo-4.png

A tail has been added, along with other small updates to details/shading and whatnot...

Also included is a version without the stripe... I'm reluctant to lose it, for consistency's sake, but I like how it looks. I'll see what you guys think.

All C+C is appreciated.

make the white parts red and make the red parts a darker blue

Thanks for the comments.

I'm pretty happy with the logo, so here's a few color options to consider. I wouldn't normally include a color in a logo if it doesn't appear anywhere else in the scheme, but in this case royal blue and red just do not contrast enough, so here's some other options...

coloroptions-1.png

I really like the bottom two. Some people may not want the bills to completely drop the red, but in this case, I like it. Very unique look to the NFL.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'm sorry to disregard further input on the color scheme, but CAB's comment was truly an inspiration.. while I didn't intend to drop red, I figured I'd try it, and replace it with a dark navy, and I think it looks great. So sorry Bills for completely dropping your history, because this project has basically become a complete rebrand.

Introducing...

ttbbuff-2.png

The new, Bad-Ass Bills. B)

Yeah, I figured that with the preponderance of red-and-blue teams in the NFL (though it's not nearly as egregious as the MLB or NBA, in which it is mandated that every team must include Red or Blue in the scheme), at least one could switch to something a bit more unique. Giants? Of course not. Patriots? Red, White and Blue are required! Titans? The colors are an homage to the Oilers. Texans? While perhaps red could be primary over blue, they are the Texans, and thus must be blue and red. So I'm sorry Bills, but considering your not-so illustrious history, you seemed like an obvious choice.

Besides, this is a team desperately needing an identity, besides Wide Right :P . I mean, even their uniforms are a mess, symbolizing the directionless nature of the franchise the last decade. So, this design is an attempt to give them a bit of the gritty, blue-collar persona a team from Buffalo should have. Basically the goal was to give a definite 'look' and attitude to a team that is wallowing in obscurity.

So, with the color scheme, I chose a unique combo of royal and navy... I considered the powder blue and royal, but that would be a bit too similar to the Titans two-tone blue, and besides, I suspect that within the decade Powder Blue will be realized as just an outdated fad and fade into obscurity, much like the Teal and Black phases.

Some of my favorite things about Bucco's recent Bills redesign was his use of Aachen for the number font, which I thought looked fantastic and solidified the Bills identity. However, I didn't want to use it as he had just used it on a concept. So, I used a round font that would be unique in the NFL. I kept the basic template of the previous jerseys... while the logo may not keep the stripe that the uniform striping motif is based on, I'm considering it an homage to that era.

billsuniforms2.png

So, there it is. Somehow every project I do ends up being a massive rebrand of all elements of the team. Maybe next redesign will be the Packers, and I'll just change the colors of the sleeve striping :P

All C+C is welcome.

Archived